PDA

View Full Version : Update: Pictures!

dustinac
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Last year, on KH, we made stocking for the troops, and I just loved the idea. We had locals here in town that donated candy, baggies, stickers, time, stockings, and signatures (they signed 850 cards for us)...We then had the children decorate the envelopes and other cards...we stuffed the stockings we made and placed them in baggies with the cards...then after talking to Becky we also went ahead and divided up the candy placed it in a baggie with a card...this way all she would have to do was stick in a stocking for the troops. We then boxed up all those items and sent them to Becky.

I know life gets in the way and we all get in a rush but that was all I heard from her. This year I would like to continue the stocking idea but felt I wanted to do something for Coshocton, OH. It has been hit very hard by the economy with many losing jobs. Last Christmas we had more children in need than in the past few years and knew this year would be even more children.

We have been in contact with the Salvation Army here in Coshocton who does a Christmas Castle for the kids. They get to go into a local store and pick out a winter coat or shoes...no toys or candy.

When we ran the idea of what KH and Coshocton had done last year for the troops by them, they got all excited. We heard a lot of "God bless you all" and "Thank you, this our answer"...

We asked them could they give us a rough number of how many children would need a stocking with a card (thinking maybe 500)...we were stunned when they said 1,000 and each day it's growing.

The local knitters here were going to be knitting the stockings, however this is beyond us, they knew about KH from last year...and asked would any help us? I told them I'm sure they would.

So today I'm here to ask you all for a little help on the knitting and crocheting of the stockings.

We are going to start running ads now(was going to be Sept) for donations from here, to handle the cards/baggies/stickers/etc.

The stockings won't be due till sometime around Oct/November so we can get them stuffed, put in a baggies, and make sure they have a card with them. We will be asking the local schools in Aug if they care to help with the decorating of the cards.

We were hoping to make the stockings a little bigger than last year, not too much...but we found it hard to keep the candy in that size.

I'm working on a bigger pattern now and will post that as soon as it is ready...if any of you would like to start knitting on stockings that would be awesome!

Thank you! :hug:

ETA: A link to Jan's pattern is in post #2...a written out pattern is in post #11.

You can also find the pattern in post #11 here on my blog. (http://mountaineerknitter.blogspot.com/2009/06/christmas-stocking-for-magic-loop-and-2.html)..

ETA 2: When you are ready to send your stocking (s) on please pm me for my addy :yay:

ETA 3: We now have a group on Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/operation-children-stockings)

Jan in CA
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
You mean the little Christmas Stockings right? Something like this? Same size?
http://members.cox.net/janlewis1/Copy%20of%20Seamless%20Mini%20Christmas%20Stocking .pdf

If that's what you need I can certainly start working on some!

dustinac
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
:hug:Thank you!

:thumbsup:That's it..but this year we are hoping to make them about 6" in length...that way they will hold the candy in them a bit better....

Jan in CA
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
:hug:Thank you!

:thumbsup:That's it..but this year we are hoping to make them about 6" in length...that way they will hold the candy in them a bit better....

:thumbsup: Got it!

krismorales
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I'd like to help out...Will you post the pattern on this thread? Or start a new one?

gmmarton
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I can make some stockings this summer when I am out on break. It would be wonderful to have some kind of pattern posted on this Thread.

Many thanks for your thoughtfulness.

dustinac
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
:hug:Thanks you guys!

I'll post the pattern here in this thread :happydance:

Jan in CA
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Does it have to be a specific one or can I use mine?

auburnchick
06-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi guys. This post caught my attention because I also helped knit up some of those stockings last fall.

Why couldn't we take Jan's pattern and just make them taller? Do they also need to be wider?

dustinac
06-09-2009, 08:03 AM
You can use any stocking pattern that you have handy...I'm just also working on one for the local knitters. I just need them to be 6" tall

I can't remeber how wide they were last year but mine is close to 3" wide that I made up last night... we only have 999 left :yay:

Thanks everyone! :hug:

dustinac
06-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Here is the pattern I wrote up for our local knitters it is written for 2circs or Magic Loop. I also typed another one for DPNs but will only post that one if someone needs me to...they are pretty easy to divide up among the needles esp if you have done stockings/socks before :thumbsup:

Let me know if you catch any mistakes :hug:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H4je6UOc8-c/Si5YRULgnxI/AAAAAAAACXc/zSDgLLBcoV4/s320/stocking.jpg

Children’s Stocking Operation
By Dustina Cameron

Pattern for Magic Loop or 2circs

Materials: Worsted Weight Yarn
Needle: Size 5 circ
Stitch marker
Scrap yarn (mittens)
Gauge: It doesn't really matter depends on the size you want

MC: Main Color
CC: Contrast Color
If you are making a solid stocking/mitten just ignore my MC and CC : )

With your CC yarn CO 26sts and divide over your 2 needles and join
K1,P1 for 4 rounds (1/2 inch)break yarn and switch to MC
St st for 18 Rounds (3” total from start of cuff)

Break yarn and switch to CC
Heel Flap (worked over 13sts on first needle)
Knit 1 Row
Row 1: Sl1, Purl 12sts
Row 2: Sl1, Knit 12sts
Repeat the last 2 rows for a total of 6 times

Heel flap
Sl1, P7, P2tog, P1
Sl1, K4, SSK, K1
Sl1, P5, P2tog, P1
Sl1, K6, SSK, K1 (7sts remain) break yarn and switch to MC

Gusset
With same needle holding your 9 heel sts go down the side and pick up 5 sts and one in the corner (total of 6sts)

Knit across the 13 instep sts on the 2nd needle

Pull that needle out like you would to knit across the 1rst needle but first pick up the corner st and going up the side. Knit 5 of the heel sts and place your maker, this marks the start of your rounds.

Your needles should look like this:
Needle 1: Gusset sts, half of heel sts, marker, half of heel sts, gusset sts
Needle 2: Instep sts

Round 1: Knit
Rnd 2: From beginning of round knit till last 3 sts K2tog, K1
Knit across 13 instep sts on Needle 2
K1, SSK knit to marker
Repeat till you have 13sts on Needle 1 and Needle 2

Work St st for 6 rounds

Break yarn and switch to CC and begin toe decreases
Knit 1 Round

Rnd 1:From beginning of round knit till last 3 sts work K2tog, K1
On 2nd needle work K1, SSK knit till last 2sts work K2tog, K1
Back on 1rst needle work K1, SSK and knit to marker

Rnd 2: Knit

Repeat the last 2 Rounds until you have 5sts left on both needles. Break yarn leaving enough to Kitchener the toe sts together and then weave in your ends.

Crochet a small chain and attach at the top of the sock for a little hanger. (optional)

This pattern is free for charity use, you can not make and sell from this pattern.

dustinac
06-26-2009, 08:24 AM
:yay:Just wanted to say that we have now have 22 completed (that I know of haven't had a chance to make it to the LYS to see if others have been dropped off)

auburnchick
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Yay! That is terrific news!

Mulderknitter
06-26-2009, 09:13 PM
You bet you can totally count me in!
The thing I liked about the pattern from last year was that I could do it on straights and seam, then my Mom helped embellish. I know I don't want to seam again, so could you post the dpn pattern?
My mom had so much fun sitting with me embellishing last year that she offered to take the stockings I finished this year to her 1st grade class and have them all add stuff and have them ready. Me and my mom are getting a bit older (not too old mind you) and it's nice to have something to sit together with when we have the time to be together. I am happy that the project is being restarted!
ETA: wondering who is collecting them?

auburnchick
06-27-2009, 12:06 AM
The pattern is also on Dustina's blog (http://mountaineerknitter.blogspot.com/2009/06/christmas-stocking-pattern-for-dpns.html), but I copied and pasted below:

Children’s Stocking Operation
By Dustina Cameron

Pattern for DPNs

Materials: Worsted Weight Yarn
Needle: Size 5
Stitch marker
Gauge: It doesn't really matter depends on the size you want

MC: Main Color
CC: Contrast Color
If you are making a solid stocking/mitten just ignore my MC and CC : )

With your CC yarn CO 26sts and divide over your 3 needles and join
K1,P1 for 4 rounds (1/2 inch)break yarn and switch to MC
St st for 18 Rounds (3” total from start of cuff)

Break yarn and switch to CC
Heel Flap (worked over 13sts)
Knit 1 Row
Row 1: Sl1, Purl 12sts
Row 2: Sl1, Knit 12sts
Repeat the last 2 rows for a total of 6 times

Heel flap
Sl1, P7, P2tog, P1
Sl1, K4, SSK, K1
Sl1, P5, P2tog, P1
Sl1, K6, SSK, K1 (7sts remain) break yarn and switch to MC

Gusset
With same needle holding your 9 heel sts go down the side and pick up 5 sts and one in the corner (total of 6sts)

Knit across the 13 instep sts on the 2nd needle

Using 3rd DPN pick up the other 6 gusset sts and work across 5 of the heel sts

Your needles should look like this:
Needle 1: Half of heel sts and gusset sts
Needle 2: Instep sts
Needle 3: Gusset sts and other half of heel sts

Round 1: Knit
Rnd 2: Begin on Needle 1, knit to last 3sts, K2tog, K1
On Needle 2:Knit across 13 instep sts
On Needle 3: K1, SSK, Knit to end of needle

Repeat till you have a total of 26 sts again

Work St st for 6 rounds

Break yarn and switch to CC and begin toe decreases
Knit 1 Round

Rnd 1:On Needle 1: Knit to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1
On Needle 2: K1, SSK, K to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1
On Needle 3: K1, SSK and K to end of needle

Rnd 2: Knit

Repeat the last 2 Rounds until you have 10sts left, combine Needle 1 and 3 onto the same needle. Break yarn leaving enough to Kitchener the toe sts together and then weave in your ends.

Crochet a small chain and attach at the top of the sock for a little hanger.

This pattern is free for charity use, you can not make and sell from this pattern.

sgtpam
06-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I did these last year...if I make them 6" tall, how wide would the "legs" need to be and how wide would you like the "foot"? I'm still not that interested in learning dpns or majic loop and this one was from one of you ladies last year that is seamed.

dustinac
06-28-2009, 11:26 AM
:hug:Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Thank you auburnchick for posting the pattern :heart:

You can send your stockings to me, just PM me for the addy when your ready...we are unpacking from a move right now...but my goal is to get all that unpacked and cleaned up...then we are going to create stocking station here...I will have those plastic bins of stockings/candy/etc and we will come here to pack/stuff them and hopefully have a organized assembly line :thumbsup:

Right now my stocking is at the LYS for display so I will have to double check the width but I think it was about 3" :thumbsup:

Again thank you guys so much it means a lot to me :hug:

Mulderknitter
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
I did these last year...if I make them 6" tall, how wide would the "legs" need to be and how wide would you like the "foot"? I'm still not that interested in learning dpns or majic loop and this one was from one of you ladies last year that is seamed.
Pam, I bet you could figure out a way to modify last years pattern that was seamed to make them bigger for this year. Let me know if you want help trying to figure that out.
otherwise, it might be a useful way for you to learn dpn's. There is plenty of support here for that!:muah:

dustinac
07-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I just wanted to add that we are also accepting fabric stockings...some in the area asked if they could sew them, felt it would go faster...so either way you can get them done we are taking them :teehee:

Jan in CA
07-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Cute stocking, Dustina!

I'm almost done with my sweater so I'll be able to knit up some little socks soon! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for starting this Dustina!
I'll do my best to help make a few.

Where do we send them, and what's the deadline?

dustinac
07-21-2009, 05:20 PM
:yay: thank you!

You can send them to me, I'll pm you my addy when your ready for it. The deadline will be the first part of Nov that way we can pack and stuff :thumbsup:

dustinac
08-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I just wanted to update the count we have 917 stockings left :woot:

gmmarton
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I will honor my commitment to make mini stockings. I don't use DPNs so I have to find my old pattern with straights that I can modify a bit. I also don't have any good holiday-looking yarn right now. Our local craft store has Homespun available in holiday colors but I don't care to work with that yarn. I will order some tomorrow from Knitting Warehouse and will get going on this project.

Your intention to help our deployed troops is really admirable.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

dustinac
08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you! No need to order special yarn we are accepting any colors : )

Last year we made stockings for the troops but this year they will be going to Children here in Coshocton. It is basically a factory town and a lot of people have been hit hard with the economy...

:hug:

Jan in CA
08-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't use DPNs so I have to find my old pattern with straights that I can modify a bit.

Can you use two circular needles? I wrote this pattern last year for that method. It's an easy one and doesn't involve a regular sock heel.
http://members.cox.net/janlewis1/Copy%20of%20Seamless%20Mini%20Christmas%20Stocking .pdf

It WILL need to be made larger for this project though. I'm thinking maybe casting on 50 and adjusting the decreases as I go. Hmm... tell you what I'll play with it this week and see what needs to be done to alter it and share it.

Mulderknitter
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Dustina! Just wanted to let you know I started one last night and am almost done with it. My cats have been crazy making me, so it's a good small project to be able to put down when you have to go rescue one of them from pending disaster or clean up from marking.
they don't all have to be in xmasy colors do they? Last year I did some in regular colors that were kinda nice.

dustinac
08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi Dustina! Just wanted to let you know I started one last night and am almost done with it. My cats have been crazy making me, so it's a good small project to be able to put down when you have to go rescue one of them from pending disaster or clean up from marking.
they don't all have to be in xmasy colors do they? Last year I did some in regular colors that were kinda nice.

Thank you and yep they can be in any colors :happydance:

:teehee: It must be something in the air, my cats are not marking but they are tearing stuff down from tall shelves...that usually they never attempt to get on. We were woke up very early this morning with one trying that...I have one that steals yarn too so I gotta always remember to put my projects up :rofl:

Mulderknitter
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
You can count this as my first one!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture364.jpg

I left a tail at the top because I forgot how to do a crochet chain. Maybe someone can do them after I mail them to you?

dustinac
08-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Thank you! I got another one done last night at Isaiah's football practice too!

The chain is optional...so far I'm not sure if anyone has added one...but if it needs one I can do it once I get them :happydance:

915 Stockings left to knit :woot::woot:

Jan in CA
08-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I have about 2" now of the sock I'm reworking for the larger size. :thumbsup:

dustinac
08-07-2009, 08:10 AM
:yay: Thank you!

I was able to get 3 finished up last night while Isaiah had football practice :happydance:

911 Left to go

auburnchick
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I have finished 16 stockings so far. I am loving this project! To make it more fun, I've challenged myself to make each one a little different.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2514/3799590064_f9bc6b2c57.jpg

Jan in CA
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
ETA: Pattern is now uploaded. Here's the PDF link.
http://members.cox.net/janlewis1/Seamless%20Mini%20Christmas%20Stocking%20v.%202.pd f
Good grief this picture is bad, but it's a 6 in sock. I updated the pattern, but my webspace is being goofy so I'll have to upload it later so the PDF can be downloaded. Here's the pattern though.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2600/3798808191_0d7e688bb3_m.jpg
Seamless Mini Christmas Stocking v. 2
Designed by Jan Lewis

I made these with two circular needles, but you can adapt them for any circular method. They are approximately 4 (6) inches high and 3.75 inches wide at the widest point. Larger size info is in parenthesis.

Materials -
Any worsted weight yarn. (I used Plymouth Encore for my sample)
Size US 4 (5) circular needles (or whatever needles you need for your chosen method)
Gauge - not important, but will be affected somewhat by needle size and yarn weight

Instructions -
CO 30 (32) stitches and divide between the two circular needles
1. Knit about 2 (4) ridges of garter stitch ending with a purl row last
2. Knit even for 2.5 (3.5) inches measured from top
3. K to last two stitches and increase in both, [2nd circ] k1, inc in each of the next two stitches, k to end.
4. K
5. Repeat row 3
6. K
7. Repeat row 3
(repeat rows 3 once more for larger size)
8-13. K 5 (6) rows
14. K to last 6 stitches, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1 [2nd circ] k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k to end
15. K
16. K1, k2tog, k to last 3 stitches, k2tog once, k1, [2nd circ] k1, k2tog once, k to last 3 stitches k2tog, k1.
17. K2tog, k to end [2nd circ] k to last two stitches, k2tog (make sure the decreases are at heel)
18. Kitchener Stitch closed or bind off and seam.

Weave in ends, and make a loop if desired.

yarncharmer
08-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow, AuburnChick!! :cheering: That's really impressive! How long does it take you to make one?

auburnchick
08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow, AuburnChick!! :cheering: That's really impressive! How long does it take you to make one?

It started off taking two hours, but I now have the pattern memorized, so it only takes me 1.5 hours. They are addicting little things!!

dustinac
08-08-2009, 12:25 PM
:woot: Thank you!! They are all so cute...

909 Stockings Left to go

dolphie2
08-09-2009, 03:35 AM
I love your gorgeous coloured xmas stockings Auburn chick & the style. It would take me forever to make one if they are on dps pins. Keep up the good work. :cheering:

auburnchick
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I love your gorgeous coloured xmas stockings Auburn chick & the style. It would take me forever to make one if they are on dps pins. Keep up the good work. :cheering:

Thank you! I'm making them using the Magic Loop instructions. In my opinion, it's much faster!!

dustinac
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM
892 Stockings left to go :happydance:

gmmarton
08-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I got my yarn, and have started my socks. I will probably mail them out on next week before I go back to school.

Would you please PM your snail mail addy to me?

Many thanks!

dustinac
08-22-2009, 09:44 AM
:woot:Thank you so much!! I will pm ya :hug:

Jan in CA
08-23-2009, 01:25 AM
I made one today and it came out about 5.5 inches. Is that okay?

Also.. I made this one by increasing needle size to 7, casting on the same amount and knitting a few extra rows at the top and on the boot. Next time I'll add a few more rows at the top for the extra length. This one is not so tight as the other one I resized so it feels nicer. I think a needle size of 6 would be perfect though.

dustinac
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
:yay: Jan that will be ok no problem at all...Thank you now our total is:

891 :happydance:

gmmarton~do you care to keep me updated on your total too that way I can keep track of the number...Thank you : )

gmmarton
08-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Not yet...I still have another week off before heading back to teach, and once I get beyond a major project tomorrow, I should be able to do some more. Right now I can commit to ten (10) sockies!

Thanks!

P.S. How much more time do we have?

gmmarton
08-23-2009, 12:13 PM
I just reread your first page and noticed that there is still some time. So I will continue working on stockings during September.

cricket22
08-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I have two done my goal is ten I will PM you when I get that accomplished.

dustinac
08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
:woot:Thank you both so much!!

I can't tell you all thank you enough and how much this means to me :heart:

889 stockings left

gmmarton
08-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, your intentions are all good.

Have you posted this information over on Ravelry as well?

dustinac
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Thank you, I have it under my projects with links leading them my blog...and I know Auburnchick has mentioned it in her groups...I have to say I don't post a whole lot on Ravelry. I don't really care how some can be over there...I have thought about starting a group for it though...

gmmarton
08-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I think you will find some folks willing to knit the stockings. Some of us are part of the original Oddball Knitters (with Shandeh) and have had success getting new folks to sign on with our regional Oddball Groups. I, myself, co-coordinate the Oddball Baby Blanket Group for the Northeast (Spikey is the overall moderator), and over the last year I've noticed a lot more folks coming on board who are active Rav members. Since last August we've started 50 worsted weight baby blankets for Bridgeport Hospital's Pediatrics Unit. Of that number, thirty-eight have already been delivered. Spikey handles the preemie baby blankets, and has already delivered eighteen to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). She's got many more to deliver next month, so the activity level is high.

I wouldn't hesitate to put your request out there. But again, it is totally up to you!

Vertigo1414
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
i should have some time to whip off a few of these before November, just wondering do they have to be Christmas colors?

Jan in CA
08-24-2009, 01:13 AM
just wondering do they have to be Christmas colors?

I hope not. :shifty: In my opinion there are probably going to be kids who don't celebrate any religious aspect of Christmas or are other religions so I think it's fine to have other colors. I just made one out of Plymouth Encore 7516. It came out cute.

http://www.plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=cYarn.yarnDetail&yarnid=000033&searchcollection=000005

gmmarton
08-24-2009, 05:57 AM
I believe dustinac said any color will do...:thumbsup:

Vertigo1414
08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
perfect...

dustinac
08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Vertigo1414~Thank you! You can make them in any color...just use what you have left over...:yay:

gmmarton~Thank you for the info...I'll look over ravelry and see about getting a group started over there :yay:

Mulderknitter
08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
It's slow going for me, but I have 2 completed now. I plan to keep a tally on my Ravelry projects page if you want to take a look at the pics over there!

Jan in CA
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I think I have about 6 done now.

momwolf
08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I have been busy most of the summer and have not been on here till today and what do I find but a Xmas sock project for children:woot::yay::woohoo::cheering: by Dustina Count me in. I will enjoy helping you, you did sooooooooo much for me with my project last year :muah: I will go get the pattern and start knitting socks for you.

dustinac
08-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone :hug:

We have 885 stockings left to go :yay:

I started a ravelry group here (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/operation-children-stockings):yay:

Here are some of the stockings I have rec'd and mine that are not at the LYS for display. Thank you to Auburnchick and a local knitter :hug:

PeattieWa
08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Is there a link to the stockings on 2 straights? I am not a fan of dpns either and would prefer a pattern not using them. I'd really like to participate in this project but need a little help finding a pattern suitable for straight needles. Thanks, Becky

dustinac
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you Becky!

Do you like knitting in the round with 2 circs or magic loop?

If you like to knit them flat and them seam them, here is a pattern (http://jeangreenhowe.com/Images/Mini_Christmas_Stockings.pdf) for that...it is a pdf file :thumbsup:

dustinac
08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
gmmarton, I got your stockings today thank you so much! You take us to 875 more to go :woot:

Jan in CA
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
If you like to knit them flat and them seam them, here is a pattern (http://jeangreenhowe.com/Images/Mini_Christmas_Stockings.pdf) for that...it is a pdf file :thumbsup:

You'll need to make them bigger than this. The pattern is written for tiny ones.

dustinac
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
You'll need to make them bigger than this. The pattern is written for tiny ones.

Thank you Jan! I didn't notice that...we are asking for them to be 6-8"...:thumbsup:

gmmarton
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks for letting me know that my ten stockings arrived.

I used the pattern for straight needles that was in the .pdf file. I worked on size 7's in cotton yarn (with the exception of one acrylic stocking, the red one). I followed the pattern, casting on with 24 stitches, increasing as called for to 36, and then doing the respective decreases back to 24. Where I made a slight change was doing 14 rows of stockinette instead of 12 as the pattern suggests.

That should give you the 6" length, though I must confess to having one or two that are a little longer. I didn't think that would create too much stress for the intended, so I sent it/them on.

Thanks!

cricket22
09-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Finished ten but thought I would go ahead and make it an even dozen. I'll let you know when they are all completed.

dustinac
09-03-2009, 09:34 AM
:woohoo:Thank you soo much!!

867 left to go

Jan in CA
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Eight done so far. I hope these will be okay!
I have updated my pattern with better instructions for the large size.
http://members.cox.net/janlewis1/Seamless%20Mini%20Christmas%20Stocking%20v.2.1.pdf

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/644571909_qK4rb-L.jpg

dustinac
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
:yay: Thank you Jan, they are great!

We now have 850 Stockings left to go :happydance:

PeattieWa
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
:woohoo: I have gotten a few stockings done with hopes of making a few more. Just need to know where to send them??? Thanks Becky

momwolf
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I got these done so far but will keep on :X: till you tell me to stop:teehee:

Vertigo1414
09-12-2009, 11:18 AM
just wanted to double check, you need these by November 1st right?

Jan in CA
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
just wanted to double check, you need these by November 1st right?

As close to then as possible. They want time to stuff them for the first the part the first of December.

dustinac
09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Thank you so much they look great can't tell ya to stop yet :teehee:

PeattieWa, I replied to your PM, thank you so much!

Vertigo, Jan is right...we need them no later than Thanksgiving so we can get them ready to go first of Dec.

844 left to go :woot:

Vertigo1414
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you so much they look great can't tell ya to stop yet :teehee:

PeattieWa, I replied to your PM, thank you so much!

Vertigo, Jan is right...we need them no later than Thanksgiving so we can get them ready to go first of Dec.

844 left to go :woot:

my plan right now is to have at leasst 10 by the November 1st. i think i messed up on a heel on one of them, but it still looks like a sock. i've got 2 down...this is an awsome de-stash!

Jan in CA
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I've been able to make about 2 a day so now I've got 15.

momwolf
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
5 more done for you:woot:

dustinac
09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
:woot:Thank you all soo much!! We now have 825 left to go. :woot:

I also got Cricket22's in the mail and will post pictures later today! :hug:

cindycactus
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I have 10 completed. Will continue to see how many I can make before Nov. :knitting: :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

dustinac
09-16-2009, 09:04 AM
:happydance: Thank you!!

817 Stockings left to go

auntyem
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Dustina:

I just wanted to let you know that I have two done and 1 more on the needles. The first two I did on bamboo double points and it was slow going, even for worsted weight. I am now using 2 circs and it is going much faster. I am going to put this project at the top of my list and hope to get at least an even dozen finished before mailing them to you. These little socks are a lot of fun.

dustinac
09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you so much :hug:

815 stockings left to go!

momwolf
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Here's 5 more :yay:

cindycactus
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Got 10 more completed. I am on a roll!!!! :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Jan in CA
09-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I have 22 now. Gad I hope the size is okay. They are about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide (appx) across one side.

Jan in CA
09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Just want to tell you, Dustina that I have another knitter who is going to make a few socks. Every little bit helps! :thumbsup:

dturner
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Dustina, is this one a bit too large? It's eight inches high, and almost five inches at it's widest point . Here's a pic. I can make the others a little smaller.

I learned circular knitting on two circs a while back, but I had never tried magic loop. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube on Magic Loop, and tried that technique with this stocking. Magic Loop is AWESOME! Now I wish that I had learned it sooner! LOL

Jan in CA
09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
That's probably a little larger than she needs. Looks like you're using my pattern? How many did you cast on and how long did you knit before the increase at the toe. I cast on about 30 and knit for 3.75-4 inches and then after I've done the toe part I knit till it's about 5.5 inches and do the decreases and close. They've been coming out pretty close to 6 inches.

dturner
09-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, Jan, I'm using your pattern. For the sock in the photo, I CO 32 stitches, and I used sz 9 needles. For the one I have on the needles now, I CO 30 stitches, and I will make the cuff an inch or so shorter. I am hoping it will be about right.

Thanks!

Jan in CA
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I think it's because your using such a large needle. I'm using worsted weight yarn (Plymouth Encore) and size 7 needles. Two sizes bigger would make a big difference.

dustinac
09-21-2009, 11:10 AM
:woot:Thank you all soo much! Jan, make sure your friend knows how thankful I am :heart:

dturner~If you want to try and make them smaller you can. We are asking for them to be 6-8"...but really our main goal is just to get enough stockings so we won't be to worried about the sizes :hug:

I just realized I never made it back with the stocking pictures...it is so crazy here with all the kids activities :teehee: I will get them up (on my small Eee Pc right now and gotta add them on my dh's computer)

711 more stockings to go :yay:

dustinac
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
These are from Cricket22
Thank you again :hug:

cricket22
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
These are from Cricket22
Thank you again :hug:

I have 30 more for you (most of them sewn not knitted) I just have to attach hangers and I will send them off to you.

dturner
09-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks, Jan and Dustina. I was cheating a bit using the sz 9 needles with worsted weight yarn. I decided they would go a little faster!!:teehee: Anyway, I have done a couple more casting on 30 stitches, and making the stockings about 1.5" shorter. These are about 6.5" long and just under 4" at the widest point. I think this size is probably closer to the size you were shooting for.

Thanks for posting the pattern, Jan. It's very quick--especially using magic loop!
Dottie

Jan in CA
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Ahh I see. I think mine would end up way too wide if I co on 30 with size 9's. Whatever works for you though is the way you should do it. :thumbsup:

cindycactus
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
I have completed 10 more. Dustinac can you pm me the address so when I fill this box I can get them on the way to you. :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

dustinac
09-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I have 30 more for you (most of them sewn not knitted) I just have to attach hangers and I will send them off to you.

:hug:Thank you so much!!

I have completed 10 more. Dustinac can you pm me the address so when I fill this box I can get them on the way to you. :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

:hug:Thank you so much!! I will pm ya :thumbsup:

670 left to go :woot:

dustinac
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
We have 664 left to go :yay:

Katy, thank you so much I got the stockings and please let your friend know that I'm very thankful that she is interested in helping us out. I'll get pictures tomorrow when everything is back to "normal" here :hug:

cindycactus
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Finished 10 more stockings. I want to complete 10 more then I will be able to fill the box with 50 before sending it to you. I think I can do that this week, hopefully! :knitting:

PeattieWa
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I'll be sending off 4 tomorrow...After reading all the posts with the extraordinary # of stockings being knitted I'm a little embarrassed about sending only 4. :aww: Hopefully I'll be able to get some more done before the deadline. Becky

momwolf
09-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I have 5 more done and still :X:

dustinac
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Finished 10 more stockings. I want to complete 10 more then I will be able to fill the box with 50 before sending it to you. I think I can do that this week, hopefully! :knitting:
:hug:Thank you soo much!!

I'll be sending off 4 tomorrow...After reading all the posts with the extraordinary # of stockings being knitted I'm a little embarrassed about sending only 4. :aww: Hopefully I'll be able to get some more done before the deadline. Becky

:hug:Thank you soo much and don't be embarrassed at all...I'm very grateful for all the stockings

I have 5 more done and still :X:
:hug:Thank you soo much!!

645 more stockings to go :happydance:

cricket22
09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
One dozen stockings completed, crocheted this time and four dozen waiting by the sewing machine for my daughter and her BFF to sew up. I am really flexing my crafting muscles I haven't crocheted or sewn in such a long time this is a nice way to refresh my skills. (And spend some time with the girls). Thanks Dustinac for sharing this opportunity with us, Katy

dturner
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I have finished nine stockings, but one might bit a little too large. The picture is not very good--I took it quickly after work before it started getting too dark. I like Jan's pattern, but I was getting a little tired of it:eyes: LOL I have switched to a different yarn with the original pattern. I wish that I had learned Magic Loop much sooner. It's great!! Dottie

dturner
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Oooops! I didn't shrink my photo enough. I'll try again!

dustinac
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
One dozen stockings completed, crocheted this time and four dozen waiting by the sewing machine for my daughter and her BFF to sew up. I am really flexing my crafting muscles I haven't crocheted or sewn in such a long time this is a nice way to refresh my skills. (And spend some time with the girls). Thanks Dustinac for sharing this opportunity with us, Katy
Thank you soo much!! Please know let your daughter and her BFF know how thankful I am :hug:

Oooops! I didn't shrink my photo enough. I'll try again!
:hug:Thank you soo much they look wonderful!!

Here are pictures from PeattieWA (the red/white knit ones) she dyed the yarn with kool aid...thank you they are wonderful :hug:

Also pictures of Cricket22 she sewed some for us and then knitted some...I love the creative on them :happydance:

We have 577 left to go :woot:

Jan in CA
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I have 31 now and finally got a few more photos of my favorites and one of all the newest.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/667080843_fvA6q-S.jpg

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/667080859_UCNzx-S.jpg

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/667080868_3NX2a-S.jpg

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/667092894_Y3xfD-S.jpg

momwolf
10-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Jan your socks are beautifulhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_)

dustinac
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Jan~Thank you, love how you did them :hug:

momwolf~I rec'd your stockings yesterday and they are wonderful thank you :hug:

574 stockings left to go :yay:

cindycactus
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I finished my last 10 stockings to make a total of 50 and have the box packed. I will get it in the mail tomorrow. If I didn't make a mistake I have attached a picture of some them.

gmmarton
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Those are absolutely adorable!

dustinac
10-04-2009, 08:59 AM
:hug:Thank you so much they are wonderful!! I will let ya know when they arrive :heart:

563 left to go :happydance:

Vertigo1414
10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
got 4 done and number 5 is OTN. they'll be a pic on my ravelry page once my camera stops fighting me.

dustinac
10-06-2009, 08:27 AM
:hug:Thank you so much Vertigo :hug:

Cindycactus~I rec'd your stockings yesterday and they are very lovely...thank you soo much!! :hug:

559 Left to go :yay:

dustinac
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
:woohoo:538 left to go

mhansen
10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I have 10 done as of right now. I have 2 skeins of yarn to use up. Mine are all red and green and green and red.

Mulderknitter
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm hoping to have time this weeked to get a few more in, just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten!:yay: :muah:

dustinac
10-08-2009, 09:34 AM
:hug:Thank you both!

528 Stockings left to go :woot:

dturner
10-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I haven't forgotten, either! I decided that I should probably wash the stockings before mailing them off to you! I now have them laying out flat to dry.

dustinac
10-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Thank you I will let ya know when they get here :hug:

519 stockings to go :woohoo:

cricket22
10-11-2009, 09:25 AM
My little sewing elves have been busy. Thay have 50 sewn and decorated I'll just put hangers on them and send them out!

Jan in CA
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I have 40 myself, plus 3 from a friend and am waiting on another friend. :thumbsup:

dustinac
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
:happydance:515 left to go!

Thank you both so much :thumbsup:

dustinac
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I haven't forgotten, either! I decided that I should probably wash the stockings before mailing them off to you! I now have them laying out flat to dry.
:yay:I got them yesterday, thank you soo much!! :hug:

mhansen
10-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I used up all of my red and green and I came up with 24 stockings. I just have to sew them up, which I should be able to get done tonight. My camera is not working or I would post pictures.

dustinac
10-16-2009, 12:42 PM
:woot:500 stockings left to go

mhanson I'm sorry I thought I had posted a thank you...Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see them :hug:

KnitPrincess
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
They are so adorable!!! Great job :cheering:

cricket22
10-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Sending a box out to you first thing in the morning!

cindycactus
10-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I have 23 finished and will complete 2 more over the weekend. Will try to get them in the mail on Monday. I have to get back to knitting 2 sweaters I promised. This has been fun. :happydance:

cindycactus
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Dustina, I mailed the box with the 25 stockings I promised. Pls let me know when they get there.

Jan in CA
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
I will be mailing mine this week. Including a few from friends I will be sending 45. :thumbsup:

dustinac
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
:yay:Thank you guys soo much!!

Katy~I rec'd your stockings today :hug:

I should have read here first I just updated the other post with a different number :teehee:

:woot:468 Stockings left!

Vertigo1414
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM
just finished my first one of these on magic loop! my very first magic loop sock ever. i finished it in about 4 hours, off and on, really it was about 2 hours real knitting time. it's number 7 of my set. 3 more to go till i get the my personal goal.

dustinac
10-20-2009, 09:00 AM
:happydance:Thank you soo much!!

mhansen
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
My stockings will be ready to mail tomorrow. I also sewed 100 stockings. My total to mail will be 125.

dustinac
10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
:hug:Mary, Thank you soo much!! I will let you know when they arrive!!

365 stockings left to go...

mhansen
10-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I knitted 25 stockings and sewn up 106 which I am mailing today. I hope the picture turns out. It has been so long since I have posted any pictures.

Picture did not show, apparently I have forgotten how but will keep working on it.

mhansen
10-22-2009, 10:52 AM

I did it! I did it!

Jan in CA
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Dustina, I thought I had your address, but I don't I guess so could you PM it to me? Thanks!

Also..the title number of stockings is different than what you just said. ;)

mhansen
10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
My stockings were mailed today.

dustinac
10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Jan-will send ya PM...yeah sometimes I reply on my phone or the little computer and it's to much time to find the first post and change it...so I change it when I'm on my dh's computer or when I'm not running out the door (not sure I can change it on my phone):think:

Mary-they look wonderful, I'll let ya know when they arrive . Thank you:hug:

HollyP
10-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Dustina, I was at a garage sale today and found 6 stockings that fit the criteria, they are fabric. When is the deadline? If it isn't this week I will try to knit a few before I send them.

dustinac
10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Holly, thank you so much! We are asking that we get them by Thanksgiving but if they come a few days after that it's ok...

343 stockings left to go :woot:

cricket22
10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Just got a call from my daughter, she and some friends are in need of a service project for school. I'll have them over this week and we will see how many more we can get out to you before Thanksgiving.

dustinac
10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Mary~Your stocking arrived yesterday, thank you so much :hug:

Katy~that's wonderful :woot:be sure to thank them for me :hug:

momwolf
10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Dustinac can you tell me how many socks you got me down for? My counted socks got mixed up with the ones I haven't added here yet:roll:.I know I sent 21 and I have 17 here so 38 socks all together. Does that match your figure?

mhansen
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Dustina,

If you need me to sew up more stockings let me know. I don't have time to knit but I am willing to sew some if you need me to. Just let me know.

dustinac
10-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Dustinac can you tell me how many socks you got me down for? My counted socks got mixed up with the ones I haven't added here yet:roll:.I know I sent 21 and I have 17 here so 38 socks all together. Does that match your figure?

:teehee: Yeah the little Eee pc is charging that has my excel sheet on it...I will let ya know later today

Dustina,

If you need me to sew up more stockings let me know. I don't have time to knit but I am willing to sew some if you need me to. Just let me know.

Thank you those were soo cute!! :hug:

dustinac
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
momwolf, I have 21 rec'd and 16 with you...so I'm one off :teehee:

momwolf
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks Dustinac:hug: I'll keep on knitting till the deadline.

dustinac
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
:woot:284 left to go!!

Thank you momwolf, :hug:

dustinac
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Dustina, I mailed the box with the 25 stockings I promised. Pls let me know when they get there.
They are here, thank you soo much :happydance:

234 Stockings to go

dustinac
11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
:woohoo:174 Stockings to go

cricket22
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
The girls are still working on their stockings they should have 72 to send you next week.

momwolf
11-06-2009, 10:10 PM
7 more done :yay:

dustinac
11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Cricket22, Please let them know how much I appreciate it!! Thank you all so much...

momwolf~Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it...

that would put us at 95:woohoo:

The kids and me sat down tonight, signed 53 Christmas cards... filled 53 gallon baggies with stockings, candy canes, and a gift...thought maybe I should go ahead and get all that started too. I want to keep it organized with gender and age....:passedout:

:hug:again a huge thank you to all of you!!

Shandeh
11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Amazing work, everyone! :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

mhansen
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I have 50 to 56 stockings cut out. I just have to sew, trim and send. I should be able to get it done this weekend.

Dimpledapple
11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I'll be mailing out these ten stockings today! :woohoo:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/4089351964_c6860d44e8.jpg

Jan in CA
11-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Those are adorable, Dimple!

Dimpledapple
11-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Those are adorable, Dimple!

Thanks, Jan :aww: I credit your awesome pattern. It's addicting I tell you!

Dustina, I wasn't able to send out the stockings today :pout: I keep weird work hours and rely heavily on my local APC to send packages. It's not very nice when the thing is out of order

dustinac
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone my wireless service is down at our home and when you call the company you get an automatic answer basically saying they have no idea when it will be fixed. I do have my phone but its kinda hard to use on the form. So I'm having trouble keeping up. I hope to be back soon. Dimple and Mary thank you. If you need my addy please pm me its easier to read than the forum :)

dustinac
11-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Mulder~I got your stockings today thank you soo much :hug:

Dimpledappled and Mary with your numbers we are looking at 35 more to go (that is with 50 stockings, Mary)

:woohoo:Thank you all so much!!

dustinac
11-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Dimpledappled and Marsha~ I rec'd your stockings thank you both so much!! :yay:

momwolf
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
5 more done so that gives me a total of 50 socks I've knitted:woohoo::woot: Here are some of them

dustinac
11-14-2009, 06:14 PM
:hug:momwolf thank you soo much!!:hug:

momwolf
11-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Thank YOU for letting me help you in this great cause.You did sooooooooo much for the socks for our troops that this is just a small thank you in return :hug::muah:

cricket22
11-15-2009, 01:39 PM
The girls were very busy and surpassed their goal of 72. I will be sending you a box with 94 stockings. I probably will be able to get it out on Tuesday.

mhansen
11-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I have 59 stockings to mail tomorrow. I originally thought I had 50 to 56 or something like that. I finished them last night and counted 59. They will be in the mail tomorrow.

Vertigo1414
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
hopefully i'll have my 10 finished to mail out monday or tuesday.

dustinac
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
:hug:Thank you all soo much!! :woot:

I have been re-crunching the numbers today, in the past I have been keeping track of those that said what they have made. Today I crunched numbers with what we have and what I know is coming : Katy, Julie, Mary, Holly, Vertigo yours is included...

I have that we will then have 922 stockings here at my house...I will try to be in touch with the other knitters in our area and online to see if their numbers have changed and when they think they will be able to get them to me. I know Thanksgiving is still a couple weeks away but wanna just double check to make sure all my numbers are right :teehee:

I have about 100 stockings that I got check on so that will put us above our goal :woot:

Julie, I want to give you big shout out for keeping it all on track last year its so easy to get confused on :rofl:

mommydearest
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I am mailing out 14 stockings, although I wish there were more :(.

After re-reading your initial post I've also included Cards - most say Happy Holidays and will be good no matter one's beliefs and they are all handmade by me just this past Saturday. I didn't count them but there are quite a few (more than the stockings).

Please let me know when the package arrives.

Mary

dustinac
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
:hug:Mary Thank you so much with yours and another knitters that will put 941 here at the house.

Thank you for taking the time to make them a card!! I will let ya know when it gets here :hug:

Vertigo1414
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
finally got them in the mail, if you need the delivery confirmation number let me know

momwolf
11-19-2009, 10:15 AM
So do you have enough or should I keep knitting?

dustinac
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I have that I should get 941 in the mail this is from those who have posted below and got back in touch with me...

We should have 1,020 but the reminder of those no one has got back in touch with me...mom is just starting to sew hers together and not sure how many she will be able to complete.

So as of right now we are at 941...:teehee:

momwolf
11-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok I will mail out what I have so you can stuff them and do the cards tomorrow. I will keep on knitting :cheering:

dustinac
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I am mailing out 14 stockings, although I wish there were more :(.

After re-reading your initial post I've also included Cards - most say Happy Holidays and will be good no matter one's beliefs and they are all handmade by me just this past Saturday. I didn't count them but there are quite a few (more than the stockings).

Please let me know when the package arrives.

Mary

Mary your stockings and cards came today, thank you soo much!!:hug:

The girls were very busy and surpassed their goal of 72. I will be sending you a box with 94 stockings. I probably will be able to get it out on Tuesday.

Katy, please let the girls know how thankfully I am for their and your hard work! The box came today :hug:

Ok I will mail out what I have so you can stuff them and do the cards tomorrow. I will keep on knitting :cheering:

Thank you! I'll let ya know when they arrive...:happydance:

Jan in CA
11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
:doh: DH forgot to mail the two I had forgotten to send originally so they'll get mailed later today or tomorrow for SURE!

mhansen
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I finally mailed the stockings today. Sorry, I was going to mail on Monday and I kept forgetting.

dustinac
11-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Mom is sewing away this weekend she told me last night she hoped to have 61 which would put us at our goal...I should know by tonight if she got that many finished :yay:

Vertigo~I got your stockings thank you soo much!! :hug:

dustinac
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Ok so I had that 941 should be coming in...Julie I know yours are on their way and prolly will come today or tomorrow...I'm still waiting on 10 other ones to come...

Mom made 61 to reach our goal of 1,000 :woot:

Jan and Mary, your stockings came yesterday thank you both so much!! Jan, what yarn did you make the pink/purple one out of...that is very pretty and Roo liked it :teehee:

I have been stuffing baggies and we have been signing cards...the friend who is doing this with me was put in the hospital last Wednesday...they are still running test on her to find out the 'cause. At first they thought her cancer had returned....her husband is trying to visit with her, keep the business going, and handle the two kids...so I have a hard time catching up with him....

I can't thank you all enough for helping us reach our goal!! Thank you all so much :hug:

HollyP
11-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Dustina, I finally got to the PO today. So mine are on the way! It's so exciting to see the goal has been reached!

Jan in CA
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I didn't do those two and I'm not sure which yarn. I'm thinking it might be Plymouth Encore Colorspun. :think: The woman hasn't been to our knit night lately, but next time she shows I can ask her if I remember. :thumbsup:

momwolf
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
So to hear about your friend,hope shes feels better soon. I am so sorry I didn't get the socks mail when I said I was gonna:aww: BUT I mailed them today:yay:

dustinac
11-25-2009, 10:14 AM
:hug:Thank you Julie and Holly...I'll let you know when they arrive! :heart:

Jan~Thanks I'll look at my LYS and see if its in their selection of Encore...Roo said ohh pretty that would make a pretty hat mommy :rofl:

dustinac
11-25-2009, 10:25 AM
:woot:Thank you all so much for your time and work on the stockings! I can't say that enough and thank you seems so small for all that you have done!

We really appreciate it and hope to get with the Salvation Army when they take the kids shopping for their winter coats the week of the 7th. This is still being decided as I wait to hear on the well being of my friend.

:hug:Thank you all again!! :heart:

cindycactus
11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
:woot: :cheering: :happydance: :woohoo:

Jan in CA
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
:yay: Excellent!!

dturner
11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
So glad to hear that your goal has been reached! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope all will be o.k. with her and her family.

gmmarton
11-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Thank you, dustinac, for generating this project to begin with...I got your Thank You Note today and really appreciate your kind words.

Good fortune to you, dustinac...you're a good soul.

dustinac
11-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone :hug:

Julie~Wanted to let ya know that I rec'd your stockingts :woot:

My friend is also still in the hospital they are waiting for results on a liver test. I'm hoping to go visit her this week or get a room number for her. I was told last night that she has started to get a yellow tone to her...so I'm not sure what is going on...thank you all for your prayers and kind words....

Shandeh
11-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Congratulations! You all did an amazing job!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

dustinac
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to update you all...my friend was able to come home they thought they had her stable...but she had a bad spell and now is in the Cleveland Clinic and they can't find out what is wrong. I'm meeting with her mom tomorrow to get her 1/2 of the items and then will get with the SA...not sure now if we will hand it out to the kids part of me feels like we should for her but part of me doesn't want to without her...she was so excited for this project. Please keep the prayers going she is about 2hrs away from us now so it's hard on the family making trips and keeping the kids in school :hug:

suzeeq
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
This is the first time I've peeked into this thread, but I've been noting the updates in the title as you all went along. That's great that your project reached its goal dustina!

Will hold some good thoughts for your friend and her family.

luvmykid28
12-07-2009, 02:53 PM
So happy you were able to make your goal. I enjoyed knitting the stockings. I will definatly join you again, if you decide to do a repeat next year. Said a prayer for your friend.

momwolf
12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
So sorry to hear Jackie is still sick.But I think she would want you to give out the socks:hug: Take pictures for her and then she will be able to see how her hard work made sooooooo many children smile.
I think you deserve to see those smiling faces too. :hug::yay:
Keep us informed about Jackie and you go and give out those socks to the children :muah::hug:

dustinac
12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I just wanted to update you all this is taken from my blog:

Huge Thank you from me to you

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H4je6UOc8-c/SyLAG3MkCcI/AAAAAAAADgg/6FPHVXBBTD8/s1600/family%2Broom.jpg
This is an update on the stocking project the picture above is my family room, it is buried under all the items waiting to go to the Salvation Army.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H4je6UOc8-c/SyLAHDGoOsI/AAAAAAAADgo/Z5-o-yEy9WI/s320/sample+stocking.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H4je6UOc8-c/SyLAHDGoOsI/AAAAAAAADgo/Z5-o-yEy9WI/s1600-h/sample+stocking.jpg)
This is a sample of what they look like they contain: toys, candy, toothbrushes, and Christmas cards

My partner in crime has been very sick, since before Thanksgiving, during Thanksgiving break we hoped to get together and get all the stuff done and then hand them out when the children went shopping for their winter items.

However, my friend was in the hospital during Thanksgiving and then was released only to have to return to the Cleveland Clinic as they tried to figure out what was making her so ill. This was last weekend and I still had to find all of her items and see how far along she was. She is the out going one of us I'm the one in the back ground so I was more than lost. I made the calls to the Salvation Army on Monday and found out that they needed the items by Wednesday and Thursday, that was just impossible.

I met with my friend's mom on Tuesday and we sorted through some things and then I met with her again yesterday and we sorted through more things. I then brought the rest of the items home with me to finish up. I now will call the Salvation Army again and see when I can drop the items off to them. They will be handing out other items to the children on Dec. 22nd during school hours and I had already made promises to the school and can't make it. When I drop them off I will get pictures and post.

My friend is home but still needs a lot of prayers. Our main goal now is that she gets healthy and listens to the Drs (she got in trouble by me yesterday for carrying items down the steps)

I do want to thank you all for helping us reach our goal and providing donations of time, money, cards, candy, and hands. I can't say thank you enough it just doesn't seem big enough, but you guys are the best. We would have never have made it with out you all!

Molly
Hilde
Linda (her mom)
Jodee (her sister)
Linda (my mom)
Denise
VacShak
Momwolf
Jan in CA
and her friend
Dr. Kreuter
Linda's Card Club (her mom)
Luvmykids28
auburnchick
gmmarton
dturner
cindycactus
HollyP
Suzy girl
Jenny girl
mhansen
Vertigo1414
mommydearest
cricket22
Dimpledapple
Mulderknitter
PeattieWA
auntyem
Carma (I'm sorry if I butchered your name)
Carma's friend
crazedknitter

If I left out anyone please let me know and I will correct it. Thank you again from both of us and God Bless!

dustinac
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to update you some more...I contacted the SA and they were set to take the items tomorrow...I'm now trying to get back in touch with them as we just rec'd word that my husband's grandmother passed away so we are heading to WV...so I need to drop them off today...I will get them there, I promise :hug:

Jan in CA
12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your DH's grandma. :hug:

Thank you for all you've done! :yay:

dustinac
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
:hug:Thank you Jan, due to the snow storm they are expecting we have been told we prolly should stay put.

I took the stockings into the SA this morning and with all the craziness forgot my camera :wall:...so I had to use my phone...they are suppose to e-mail me better ones when they take them today and on the 22nd of handing the kids the items. They were soooooo thankful and kept saying over and over make sure you tell them all how grateful we are and God bless everyone...

The pictures are of them looking in the boxes with surprise (they honestly couldn't believe that we made the goal) and then some laying on the table...