PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe we're back here, again!

MoniDew
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
as many of you know, our family recently received a request to help a young lady leave an abusive family. As a result, they filed a restraining order against my son, which the judge extended to include our entire family. The girl was returned to her home, in spite of our efforts to protect her.

we have just received word that the family intends to file kidnapping charges against my son - which, as you know, is a felony.

We desperately need your prayers, for protection from the evil one, for safety for the girl, for wisdom for the judge, and I could go on. Pray that somehow, some way, the truth would come to the surface, and that my son would be cleared. Thank you!

JessicaR
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry all this is happening to you! I will think positive thoughts for you! :hug:

saracidaltendencies
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear! :hug::hug: Thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best.

scout52
06-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm so sorry.

You need to get an attorney ASAP. Is your son a minor? if so you may able to get an attorney pro bono. either way go to the Oklahoma state bar website. You can find a criminal attorney on there listed by city. You should also be find if there is any who work pro bono if your son is a minor. Many attorneys work pro bono for domestic abuse, abused child, and juvenile cases.

Sunshine's Mom
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Aw, Jeez! I'm so sorry to hear about this. This woman is a menace. I'd file harassment charges against her. I'm wondering if she's considering these other charges because her daughter talks about your son too much for her liking. She's crazy. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes are coming at you.

MoniDew
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm so sorry.

You need to get an attorney ASAP. Is your son a minor? if so you may able to get an attorney pro bono. either way go to the Oklahoma state bar website. You can find a criminal attorney on there listed by city. You should also be find if there is any who work pro bono if your son is a minor. Many attorneys work pro bono for domestic abuse, abused child, and juvenile cases.
We were fortunate enough, the last time, to have the assistance of the DVIS (domestic violence) attorneys in locating a pro bono attorney for my son. We are going to contact him again for this new charge. Thank you for your suggestions.

FYI: My son is just barely 18, and the girl is within 2 months of 18. That's why they are in a rush to get this done. They want my son locked up before the daughter turns 18, so she can't leave them and run to him. It's calculated. That's what they're good at.

MoniDew
06-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Aw, Jeez! I'm so sorry to hear about this. This woman is a menace. I'd file harassment charges against her. I'm wondering if she's considering these other charges because her daughter talks about your son too much for her liking. She's crazy. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes are coming at you.
Right!

My fear is, that if I press charges against them, they will retaliate, and this will just keep escalating until doomsday. I'm not into that. It would be nice if the judge would stop them from filing all these bogus charges, tho'. I think I may ask the lawyer what we can do. Meantime, I'm going to ignore their petty ridiculousness and keep refocusing them on the original problem. GET THAT FATHER HELP.

And, yes, I'm sure she still loves my son. Even though he is not allowed any communication with her, she has no such restrictions. She calls and gives him lengthy updates by voice mail, knowing full well he cannot even acknowledge he has received them. She's been an angel and a trouper throughout this whole thing. BTW: She does the same thing on my daughter's phone, too.

I love this girl. She's really amazing. Her family is so insane, tho'. I don't know what to do. My heart is so broken about this whole thing.

Abbily
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Heavenly Father, please be with Monica and her son and family, protect them, and see them through this horrible situation.

Monica, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope and pray that your son makes it through this situation unscathed.

scout52
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Right!

And, yes, I'm sure she still loves my son. Even though he is not allowed any communication with her, she has no such restrictions. She calls and gives him lengthy updates by voice mail, knowing full well he cannot even acknowledge he has received them. She's been an angel and a trouper throughout this whole thing. BTW: She does the same thing on my daughter's phone, too.

I hope you kept these. If not please from now on keep ANY communications from her. You will need ALL documentations as proof that it was not a kidnapping. You can only kidnap someone if they do not want to go with you Obviously she loves your son. You NEED that proof. Keep all phone records as proof your son is not calling her. Keep all phone records as proof she is calling you. Get a digital recorder to get a back up recording of her voice messages.

Your son should probably document his day as best as possible to show he is not going anywhere near her. Receipts, pics, always with another person as an alibi. If you can document that he has been upholding the restraining order even after she is calling him and he still loves her then its more proof.

What you have going for you is her. She is your star witness. She went to your house willingly and didn't want to leave.

dustinac
06-10-2009, 02:01 PM
:hug::pray::hug:

OffJumpsJack
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
:think:
I've read that most States have "Good Samaritan" laws that protect those that provide assistance to victims endangered by location, injury, etc. I'd ask your lawyer about that.

May God bless you and keep you, may He cause His spirit to shine on you and be gracious to you, may He smile on you and give you peace.

sgtpam
06-10-2009, 07:43 PM
:pray: :hug:

MoniDew
06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
thank you all so much for your beautiful prayers! (those that were written) I am moved to tears, and so grateful to all of you!! :muah: :heart:

MoniDew
06-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I hope you kept these. If not please from now on keep ANY communications from her. You will need ALL documentations as proof that it was not a kidnapping. You can only kidnap someone if they do not want to go with you Obviously she loves your son. You NEED that proof. Keep all phone records as proof your son is not calling her. Keep all phone records as proof she is calling you. Get a digital recorder to get a back up recording of her voice messages.

Your son should probably document his day as best as possible to show he is not going anywhere near her. Receipts, pics, always with another person as an alibi. If you can document that he has been upholding the restraining order even after she is calling him and he still loves her then its more proof.

What you have going for you is her. She is your star witness. She went to your house willingly and didn't want to leave.

Yes, we TOTALLY are keeping all the messages! Both son and daughter have kept them all.

And yes, she was the star witness, in trial #1. Guess what?! The judge still favored her parents, even after both my son and she countered everything they were saying! The judge thinks these two cooked this whole thing up!

ACH! I'm at my whit's end with the drama! Can't wait for this to be OVER!

ArtLady1981
06-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Scout52 is right on.

Hoping and praying all goes well for your family. You deserve the best!

cindycactus
06-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I am sorry your family is going through this. Again! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

melmac51
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Heavenly Father, please be with Monica and her son and family, protect them, and see them through this horrible situation.

Monica, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope and pray that your son makes it through this situation unscathed.

Amen to that. I hope it all works out in the end. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and even the other family.

Vertigo1414
06-15-2009, 11:19 PM
that is just disgusting, i hope everything turns out all right. i'm not a religious person but i'll send you good thoughts.

Dangles
07-01-2009, 08:56 AM
:hug: I hope this situation will turn out in your son's favour :pray: My thoughts are with your family.

MoniDew
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Very interesting development:

My son never did have any charges pressed against him. (Last time, sheriff came to the door, this time, no sheriff!)

Apparently the girl has a new boyfriend. This might be a subterfuge to distract her parents and keep them off my son's back. Of course, it could actually be a new boyfriend. But either way, I'm glad!

Although I know it would be painful for my son, I do secretly hope she has moved on in her life, so that my son can go on with his. It would be nice to NOT have to deal with these people any more! :rofl:

Debkcs
07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
As I was reading through this thread, it came to me that it would be best for this girl to just move on, why would you want them for inlaws?

I do feel badly for your son, if she has moved on, but down the road he might think this is a blessing!