PDA

View Full Version : Double Pointed Case?

Vertigo1414
06-12-2009, 09:58 PM
i'm trying to get organized and i'm looking for a case for my double pointed needles. i have looked at knit picks fabric cases for straights, but i'm concerned about how many needles it fits. i'm just wondering if anyone has and input on this case or any alternative options. thanks!

gotta knit
06-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I've had a fabric, roll-up case for years, use it for straights, dpns and crochet hooks too. The little pockets hold a couple pairs each easily. I've got a decent range of sizes and mine is barely half full.

cftwo
06-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I made my own case for straights and dpns - would have been better with a denim-weight fabric, but it works well with the lighter weight cotton I used. My mom has had hers for well over 40 years, I'd guess, and it is still in great condition. Generally, the pockets for the larger needles are a bit wider so you can still fit your 5 dpns in there. If you sew one yourself, design it so there are some wider pockets.

kellyh57
06-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I found one on etsy. I love that site! I just searched for dpn case and then found a few different features to look at. I found one that holds most of the dpns I have and it has a flap to hold them in on the top.

Mulderknitter
06-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I certainly second all of the above. If you don't sew, search ETSY for one. make sure it has a flap on the top that will secure the needles in so they don't fall out.
You can also make a very simple one, or buy some pick up sticks and decorate and then use the tube!
Maybe I'll make you one for being such a wonderful oddball knitter!:muah:

AH1OZ
06-14-2009, 06:18 PM
i use a pencil case for my dpns

Vertigo1414
06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
thanks everyone...i can't sew so i think i might check out etsy...i'll let you know how it goes!

knittingymnast
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I just use a pencil case. A lot of people do.