PDA

View Full Version : Modified Ipod Cover!!!

lexymarin
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone! :waving:

So as I was thinking about my possible next piece I began to realize that although I am quite proud of my first one there was much to be improved upon. I've been recently getting a bit frustrated with it for a few reasons. (a: earbuds and cover flap would get stuck to each other and wouldn't let me take the Ipod out unless I removed the earbuds. b: I had to pull it out a bit awkwardly to see what I was doing. c: I had to take it out completely in order to charge it.)

I began to think of ways to not only make it functional...but also easy to move around.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr235/sempaischibi/knewbie%20knit%20project/newcover.png

Here's a rough yet simple design I made to show you what I'll be working on the next couple of days. As you can see the Ipod slips in but the icords on the bottom (as well as the ones on the top) make it so I don't have to take it out to charge it, turn it on, or remove the earbuds. If I want to watch any videos I just unloop the button cord, lift the screen flap, and the screen is right there. :mrgreen:

The only reason I'd be taking the Ipod out is to work the touch sensitive wheel and because of the icords on the top it is easy to do.

So...let me know what you guys think about it.
I'll be posting the FO pictures as soon as it's done. :happydance:

Till next time,
Lexy

ArtLady1981
06-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I think this looks very useful! Good job on the preliminary plans!