PDA

View Full Version : Woodland Shawl KAL- Starts July 6!

Lieuvena
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm going to be knitting this shawl: Woodland Shawl (http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=219) in a couple of weeks (when the yarn I ordered comes in). Is anyone interested in knitting along with me?

I think this is a great shawl for beginning lace knitters. The pattern seems fairly simple and it only takes 460 yds. If you knit it in Knit Picks Palette (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Palette_Yarn__D5420132.html) then it's very cheap too...bonus :happydance: !!! The yarn runs from $1.59-$2.19, so $4.77-$6.57 to knit this shawl. Each ball is 231 yds., so I figured 3 to be safe.

I'm going to knit mine in Autumn Heather.

Here are some links if you're interested in checking it out:

Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/woodland-shawl) page, 966 projects

Pattern (http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=219) page

Chart (http://www.flickr.com/photos/66814309@N00/1684634111/)

Is anyone interested in learning lace with me!?!:)

sakura-panda
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I followed the Ravelry link and found it is already saved to my favorites. :) This is something I'd like to do, but I can't commit to joining right now.

I'll probably follow along to get some guidance for when I knit it later! :thumbsup:

jberry16
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd do itwith you but I made one earlier this year; great pattern & I can't wait to see yours!

Lieuvena
06-24-2009, 11:42 AM
My yarn came in sooner than I expected so I'm hoping to start this pretty soon. I'm going to try to finish the socks I'm working on first.

maniago
06-24-2009, 04:22 PM
How does the yarn feel? The pattern is Lovely

Lieuvena
06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
How does the yarn feel? The pattern is Lovely

I think it feels fine. Not the softest I've ever felt, but I wouldn't call it rough either, somewhere in the middle I guess. I ordered it in two colors and they are both beautiful, so I hope it knits up nicely.

I have not knit a swatch with it yet to see how it feels while knitting, but I think I will like it just fine. My only concern right now is if it will be splitty, as it looks like two strands twisted together rather loosely.

yarncharmer
06-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Lieuvena! Let me know when you're ready to start and I will try to do this with you! I made a couple of lace bookmarks in May, and I loved doing lace! I've never tried anything big but this shawl is so pretty. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use yet. I may check my LYS tonight... Any idea how long it might take?

Lieuvena
06-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Lieuvena! Let me know when you're ready to start and I will try to do this with you! I made a couple of lace bookmarks in May, and I loved doing lace! I've never tried anything big but this shawl is so pretty. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use yet. I may check my LYS tonight... Any idea how long it might take?

:yay: I think I'm going to try to start it next week. If you want to just set a date we can. I have no idea how long it will take, I will look around on Ravelry and try to get an idea. I'm not a super fast knitter though, so it may take me a while.

I've never done anything this big either, but I think it looks like a rather simple pattern. I've only knit a lace headband and a small doily, so this is an adventure for me!

Thanks again for joining along!

lulubell
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I would like to do it too. But I do have to finish a lovely pair of socks for Vintage Purls sock club, a baby blanket for my neighbours daughter, a sleeveless vest for me, make and decorate a 21st birthday cake for the same daughter, nuno felt the back of a vest we are doing at Spinning and Weaving group and make it etc.

But I have printed it off, and have been looking at yarn, but, what the heck, it does look so nice!

Lieuvena
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I would like to do it too. But I do have to finish a lovely pair of socks for Vintage Purls sock club, a baby blanket for my neighbours daughter, a sleeveless vest for me, make and decorate a 21st birthday cake for the same daughter, nuno felt the back of a vest we are doing at Spinning and Weaving group and make it etc.

But I have printed it off, and have been looking at yarn, but, what the heck, it does look so nice!

:passedout: Wow, you're busy!

Lieuvena
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
It seems to be taking most people about 1-2 months. With some taking longer and some taking less than 1. With the way I knit I figure closer to 2 months for me.

Some notes about the actual pattern:

It looks fairly straight forward and "simple". I think the most difficult thing will be that your stitch count will change through out. It looks like the stitch count after each row will be:

Cast on 89
set up row 89
rows 1 & 2 91
rows 2 & 4 93
rows 5 - 8 95
rows 9 & 10 93
rows 11 & 12 91
rows 13 - 16 89

Each row will start with 5,7,9 ect. stitches then will have a 12 stitch repeat. The repeat happens 7 times in each row.

Some ideas or suggestions I have are to make sure to place a lifeline (http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips) ( the last one under fixing mistakes) after each 16 row repeat so that if you notice an error you can "easily" frog down to that point. I think I will also use stitch markers to mark out each of the 7 repeats in each row to make keeping track of where I am easier.

Some notes about the chart:

The chart is not made by the designer and has a few differences from the written instructions. I recommend printing both out and going over it line by line before you start.

Take note of the following:

You need to read all rows from right to left. The pattern repeats are marked with red lines and that is the only way they will work out using the chart. I highlighted the repeat to make it more visible to me.

Rows 7 and 8 on the chart don't seem to match up to the written words to me. The pattern repeats seem to be marked wrong. On those two rows reading from right to left the pattern repeat begins after the first 2 stitches, then 12 stitch pattern for 7 times, then end with the last 9 stitches.

Finally, the chart shows ssk instead of skp and a s2, k1, psso instead of a s1, k2tog, psso. It's my understanding that they are interchangeable, but look different. I'm going to use the ones from the designer and not the chart.

You can just use the written instructions, but I like charts and after making the above changes it shouldn't be a problem.

Gah, that's a lot, but I hope it helps. I think I will start in a week or two. Anyone interested, just post and we can set a date.

yarncharmer
06-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all the info, Lieuvena! I'm sure it will be helpful when it's time to start.

I'm glad you're going to join us, Lulubell! The more the merrier. I can start whenever you're ready. I have a couple of things I'm working on, but no looming deadlines.

I still need to decide what yarn to use. I have a couple of stash-y
things, but may decide it's better to just go buy something. :teehee:
Of course, I'm also joining knittinggymnast's KAL to knit through your stash, so not buying something would help me feed to birds with one seed. We'll see....

I'm looking forward to this!

lulubell
06-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh, I work full time too, and 30th June is the busiest time - stats, reports audits etc. but had a good look at the pattern on Sunday, and I will def do it! I have nothing suitable at home so will have to buy.

lulubell
06-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I have just ordered my yarn, so am definately committed now! I have ordered 2 skeins of The Knittery Cashmere Merino in the Midnight colourway. It is (according to the blurb) a subtle mix of pale pink and purple. 60% merino, 20% cashmere, 20% nylon. I got it from www.joyofyarn.co.nz It cost $NZ56.00 plus postage, but I think it will look lovely. If in stock, I should have it by the end of the week.

yarncharmer
06-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Lulubell, I looked at your yarn - I think it's beautiful! It sounds like it will be yummy to knit, too. I decided I really don't have the right yarn at home, so I'm going to try to go yarn shopping today. If I don't find anything, I'll order online, so hopefully mine will arrive around the same time yours does.

Lieuvena
06-29-2009, 09:41 AM
@ lulubell- Your yarn looks beautiful. I think it will look great with this shawl.

@ yarncharmer- I'm sure what ever you pick will be lovely.

:yay: I'm so glad you both are joining! I think this will be a lot of fun.:happydance:

Do you want to plan on starting next Monday, July 6? Do you think that would be enough time to get your yarn? Let me know and then I will change the title and add it to the first post...just in case any one else wants to join us!

lulubell
06-29-2009, 11:09 PM
I've just had an e-mail to say my yarn has been sent 1-3 day delivery track-pack, so hopefully will be here on Friday as we do not have Saturday mail delivery. I also ordered some Knit Picks Options interchangeable needles as I like to use circs for most projects even flat knitting, it is not so hard on the wrists somehow. So I will have lovely new needles and yummmmmy yarn so yes ....... I am happy to start Monday, it will be very slow going as I have so much on this time of the year!

I am thinking about doing two sections and grafting them together in the middle so the pattern runs correctly up both ends of the kniting. What do you think of that idea?

Lieuvena
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I am thinking about doing two sections and grafting them together in the middle so the pattern runs correctly up both ends of the kniting. What do you think of that idea?

I think that sound like a great idea. I may have to think about doing that too. Though I do like how it looks as is. Would there be an obvious seam that way?

lulubell
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
There is a row 15 or 16 I think from memory that is just knits and purls, That would be the row I would finish on for each section to make it easier to graft. If the grafting was kept at the same tension as the knitting I think it would be fine. There are some lace knitting experts on here, I might PM one of them to check it out.

Lieuvena
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Awesome. I will really be considering this also!

maniago
07-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I want to join also

Lieuvena
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I want to join also

:cheering:

I think we're going to try and start Monday, the more the merrier!

lulubell
07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I've got my yarn and it is lovely!!!
I have PM'ed Mary (MWhite) and asked her if she could possibly look at the pattern and give some pointers on which row she would finish on to do the best grafting join if doing it in 2 bits and joining.
So, yes I am ready to go.

I have just had a message from Mary and she suggests doing a provisional cast on and working from the centre out to the ends to get the leaves doing the same thing each side when it is being worn. I have asked her if I can reproduce her full answer for us all, and will write it up if she is OK about it. She does the most amazing lace work.

Lieuvena
07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess if I decide to go this route I will have to learn a provisional cast on. I'm still undecided though. I think it looks great as written, yet I really like the idea of the leaves going the same way. Think, think!

Lieuvena
07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Here is a pic of the yarn I'm going to use. Sorry about the quality of the photo, they always get grainy when I re size them.

I love the color. It is brown with small flecks of red and golden. I think it will look really good with the pattern.

lulubell
07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Thats beautiful! It looks lovely and soft.

maniago
07-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I think we have the same yarn, is it merlot?

yarncharmer
07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome Maniago! I think this is going to be fun. I still don't have my yarn, though. yikes. I've searched two LYS and also Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Joann. Everything is either the wrong weight, or not enough yardage in the colorway I want, or just shy of the yardage I need, and I don't want to double my expense just to get another 10 or 15 yards of yarn.

I think I'm going to try to dye some yarn. I have 2 skeins of white fingering weight wool that I was gifted, and one of the LYS in town sell the same yarn, so I can buy one more skein and have plenty.

Of course, I've never dyed yarn before, but I've been playing with some Kool-Aid. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something I like and get it ready before Monday. Any tips or suggestions?

Lieuvena
07-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I think we have the same yarn, is it merlot?

No it's Autumn Heather. It really does look like the Merlot in my pic though. Here is a pick of the color from, Knit Picks:

On my screen, that sample looks quite red and that's what I was expecting, but there is not that much red. It is more of orange/brown with the red and golden flecks. I was a bit disappointed at first but the more I looked at it, the more I liked what I got.

Lieuvena
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Of course, I've never dyed yarn before, but I've been playing with some Kool-Aid. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something I like and get it ready before Monday. Any tips or suggestions?

I've been playing around with Kool Aid also. I haven't had any overwhelming successes though. I did felt an entire skein, and it turned out a lovely shade of vomit! So If you want to do that, then I can give you some great advice, other wise....:roflhard:

Are you on ravelry? There are some groups over there all about dying. I can link to them for you:

Love to Dye (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/love-to-dye)
What a Kool Way to Dye (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/what-a-kool-way-to-dye)
Dying to Learn Dye (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dying-to-learn-dye-restaurant)

lulubell
07-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, it is the 6th here today, I think I am a day ahead of you all!
I am going to do the pattern as it is, not do centre out. Because the leaves are staggered the centre back will have 2 almost whole leaves butt ends together and 2 pointy ends of leaves joined together. But then again will I be able to handle the leaves going in different directions at the ends???

Lieuvena
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the pattern as written. I still really like it.

I'm going to cast on sometime today, just not too sure when. I have a very busy day today. I have to do a lot of cooking and getting ready for some friends who are coming to visit from out of state tomorrow. But I will cast on, I've been very ready to start!

lulubell
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Well I am committed to do centres out. I cast on a provisional crochet cast on and have done a couple of repeats. I guess if I change my mind I can always pick up the cast on stitches and cast off!! It does not look very wide, more a stole than a shawl.
But a very easy pattern to memorise which is good.

maniago
07-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I've just finished the third repeat, it is an easy pattern to follow.

Lieuvena
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow! I think you guys are going to kick my behind here! I managed to cast on and I'm on the 7th row of the first repeat!!! I just haven't been able to work on it. Won't be able to get much done tomorrow either. Hopefully after that it will pick up a bit for me.

I do think that it is an easy pattern to follow and am looking forward to seeing it as it knits up.

@lulubell-I chose to go ahead and do it from end to end because I don't know how to do a provisional cast on. If I had more time I would have learned, but this will be a busy few days and I really wanted to get it started. If I really like this shawl then I may do another one later from the centers out. As for it's size, I saw that several people on Ravelry mentioned that it was more of a stole. I'll be honest, I don't even know what that is! A small shawl, I assume? I also saw that some people added repeats to theirs to make it larger. I do think that it will block a bit larger too.

It says to block to 21" x 40". I think the width will be fine. It's the length I wonder about. I bought an extra skein of yarn (I hope) and will make mine longer if I need to.

maniago
07-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I added to extra width repeats

Lieuvena
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I added to extra width repeats

I really think that I should have. I've gotten through 2 pattern repeats and I don't think that I will get it to 21" no matter how aggressively I block it. So know I think I'm going to have to frog and add two more repeats. I'm worried about yarn though. I did buy an extra skein, but I don't think I'll have enough to add the extra.

I just ordered it from Knit Picks a couple of weeks ago. I wonder If I will be able to get the same dye lot.

Lieuvena
07-06-2009, 08:05 PM
OK. I just checked and I have 4 skeins, which is 924 yards. Do you all think that is enough to add two extra repeats to the width and still get a decent length, or should I try and get some more yarn? That's double what it calls for yardage wise, so that should be enough, shouldn't it? :think:

lulubell
07-06-2009, 08:35 PM
I have got 180 gr/650 metres (720yds) and I am planning on doing as many repeats as I can lengthways to a max of 60". I wish I had added 2 pattern repeats in width though.

I think you will have plenty for 24 extra stitches in width and still have a good length.

A stole is a length of lace knitting or light silky material that you elegantly drape around your upper body and let hang down the front hooked over your arms. Sort of like a scarf for your mid to upper back.

Lieuvena
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
A stole is a length of lace knitting or light silky material that you elegantly drape around your upper body and let hang down the front hooked over your arms. Sort of like a scarf for your mid to upper back.

Aaah. Then I guess this really would be a stole then wouldn't it? Thanks for the answers. Now to frog or not to frog that is the question. I think It will fall decent enough, but will I be happy?

lulubell
07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2540/3693245664_6369620e79.jpg

Here is my yarn for my shawl. It looks a bit scrappy because I have unskeined it a couple of times to have a good look at it. It is The Knittery Merino Cashmere from Australia.

Lieuvena
07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
:inlove: Your yarn is beautiful! I can't wait to see how it looks with this shawl.

I decided to frog and restart with 113 stitches. I'm only through 1 repeat right now, but I already like it better. Probably won't get to work on it today as we are meeting up with some friends for a long over due visit.

yarncharmer
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Arrrgh! I'm afraid to dye my yarn because I'm not really loving any of my samples - they seem to 'cotton candy'- ish for this shawl - do you know what I mean? I've tried blending some different colors to tone it down a bit, but I'm still not happy with the colors I'm getting. And I'm afraid if I dye some and then decide I need to make the shawl longer, I won't be able to match my yarn exactly. I wonder how much extra I would need? I currently have 540 yards.

I wish I would have just found something I liked. I may go shopping again. At least I have the benefit of your casting on yesterday and deciding it may need an extra repeat or two width wise, but I really don't want to get left behind on this. I'm sorry you had to rip and re-start Lieuvena - but it's probably good that you went ahead and did it now rather than changing your mind a few more repeats into it (that's what I always do - try to ignore it only to find that my dissatisfaction really just doesn't go away) Sounds like you did the right thing! :thumbsup:

lulubell
07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I have done 7 repeats so far, I will try to do at least one repeat each night so it does not drag on too long. I do 1 repeat of the baby blanket I am doing as well, but have not been getting home from work til about 8.30 each night. Looking good though!

maniago
07-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I have completed about 8 inches. The pattern is beautiful and easy to follow. I am very happy with the yarn

Lieuvena
07-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm in my 5th repeat. I'm hoping to get at least one repeat a day done. I'm off to a bit of a slow start, but I'm loving it so far!

maniago
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I have been knitting with KP's Options, Just recieved Harmonies today. All that can be said is WOW!! They make every increase and decrease a hundred times easier

maniago
07-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Just finished the first ball of yarn, its about 10" not stretched out. 23" stretched

Lieuvena
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Just finished the first ball of yarn, its about 10" not stretched out. 23" stretched

:happydance: Awesome. I can't wait to see how it looks!

I haven't worked on mine in two days. I really want to, but I've been feeling rather sick. I found out the first of the month that I'm PREGNANT! This will be #5 for me. I'm very excited, but the nausea has me pretty bad right now, so I've had to put the shawl down for a bit. I've been working on an easy sock pattern instead.

I can't wait to pick the shawl up again. I'm not usually sick for very long and don't tend to have very bad morning sickness, so I'm hopeful that I will be starting again very soon!

maniago
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM
:happydance: Awesome. I can't wait to see how it looks!
I can't wait to pick the shawl up again. I'm not usually sick for very long and don't tend to have very bad morning sickness, so I'm hopeful that I will be starting again very soon!
:cheering: Congrats!

lulubell
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Lieuvena!!! How old are the other babies?

Lieuvena
07-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Congratulations Lieuvena!!! How old are the other babies?

I have DS-7, DS-5, DS-3 and DD-17 months.

My 5 y.o. has a birthday this week and the other two boys have their birthdays in a couple of months.

lulubell
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I have DS-7, DS-5, DS-3 and DD-17 months.

My 5 y.o. has a birthday this week and the other two boys have their birthdays in a couple of months.
WOW! And you still have time to knit!!!! I am impressed.

I have 3.5 repeats to do and I will be ready to block. We had spinning group on Saturday and we went to a members place for the day as it was so horrible, real middle of winter weather. I knitted all day and on Sunday it was no better so got heaps done that day too. This is probably the fastest I have knit anything.

Lieuvena
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
I don't have much time to knit, that's why it takes me so long to get anything done! :teehee: I home school too, so my days stay pretty busy. I usually get to knit a bit while DD is down for her nap and then for a while after the kids are in bed.

lulubell please make sure to post a pic when you are done, I can't wait to see it! You are definitely a speed knitter! :woot:

I'm feeling a bit better today so I'm going to try to work on mine again tonight after the kids are in bed. I figure if I start a KAL I should probably be knitting, right?

lulubell
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I will definately post a picture. I will take one tonight and put it on tomorrow in its 'as is' state and another when it is blocked. (I do not have a computer at home, have to use the work one).

My only baby at home now is Bluebell my beautiful Ragdoll cat. My two legged baby is 36 years old and lives in Wellington!

lulubell
07-14-2009, 04:46 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/3720940193_8e7373e580.jpg

Here it is. I now have 1.75 repeats to do. My furbaby Bluebell has to be in as many pictures as possible!

Lieuvena
07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
:heart: That's gorgeous! How many repeats are you doing total for length?

I feel like such a slacker! I managed to knit 2 whole rows yesterday. Wow, I'll get done by next year this way. I'm just sooo tired and nauseous right now.

yarncharmer
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Congrats on the new baby Lieuvena! Don't be too hard on yourself for not knitting much. Hopefully the nausea will pass soon.

As for it taking a year, I think I'll be right there with ya!

Lulubell, your shawl is beautiful! You're a speedy one! :yay:

How is your shawl coming along, Maniago?

lulubell
07-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Not really a speedy one, it was just how things turned out this past week. It is 12 repeats each way. Half way is where that bit of yarn is sticking out on the left side.
I will put up a picture when it is finished and blocked showing the middle where I did the provisional cast on. It was not the best pattern to do centres out as the join shows like 2 butt ends of holes tog and 2 butt ends of solid leaf tips together end to end but I would rather have that centre back than the leaves going up one side and down the other. I am funny (or silly) like that.

And Lieuvena, as I have said before, with your little ones and feeling how you do with the new one, I am so amazed that you get any knitting done. And a row here and a row there soon adds up!

maniago
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I am getting about two repeats a night done. My doggie is sick right now so he is being a needy baby who wants on mommy's lap. I am adoring all the colour flecks in the yarn

lulubell
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Finished the knitting last night. This weekend I will block it, I will have to spread it out on the lounge floor and put the dehumidifier on to get it dry, it is so cold and damp this winter.
Of course Bluebell with think I have put the sheet and towels down for her to sprawl on so I will have a battle there.

maniago
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
How do you determin how long it will be once its blocked? I don't want to end up with a shawl upteen feet long:teehee:

Lieuvena
07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi guys. I'm going to be a bit of a downer here and I apologize. I'm going to be off the internet for about a week or so. I'm having complications with this pregnancy and have been put on bed rest. Without getting into detail with what is going on I have about a 50/50 chance of either carrying to term or miscarrying.

I really apologize for sharing this much, but I wanted to let you know why I won't be around for a bit and also I really just needed to get it out and vent a bit. Hopefully when I get back on I will have good news, if not, I will try to be at peace with it and trust that it's all in God's hands.

lulubell
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
:grphug: All our love, we will be thinking of you and the family.

lulubell
07-15-2009, 09:29 PM
How do you determin how long it will be once its blocked? I don't want to end up with a shawl upteen feet long:teehee:

I have no idea! Perhaps once it is wet and stretched out you push and pull it to the size you want and pray that it stays that way once it is dry????

maniago
07-16-2009, 08:02 AM
:grphug: Thoughts and Prayers are with you

lulubell
07-20-2009, 12:17 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/3737110475_25b2a3baa1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3455/3737098667_9e1364739e.jpg

Here is the shawl blocked and drying! It blocked out to 18" wide and 60" long. You can see the place in the middle where the leaves go the opp way.( In the first photo it is near the top of the photo.

Lieuvena
07-20-2009, 11:44 AM
:inlove: Very pretty! I love it.

I finally finished the first ball of yarn and moved onto the second. I really like how it is turning out so far. I will try to post a pic soon.

maniago
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Half way thru the third and final ball.

Lieuvena
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Half way thru the third and final ball.

:cheering: Can't wait to see it. I finished mine and it's off the needles waiting to be blocked. I don't have anyway to block it right know so I have to wait for hubby's payday.

It seems so short. I'm not concerned about width at all, but length has me worried. I hope I can block it enough.

Do you all think that after it's blocked, if it's not long enough, that I could undo the cast off and add more rows?

maniago
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
It seems so short. I'm not concerned about width at all, but length has me worried. I hope I can block it enough.

Do you all think that after it's blocked, if it's not long enough, that I could undo the cast off and add more rows?

That is my worry about the third ball being the last. It seems so short I may dig into the fourth or if others think it is possible to pick out the cast on that may keep me from ending up with a blanket instead of a shawl

maniago
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Finished and will be blocking this weekend

lulubell
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Finished and will be blocking this weekend

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Lieuvena
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
:happydance: Can't wait to see it!

I'm still waiting to block mine. I haven't been able to get blocking wires yet. I tried to block it with out them with just some sewing pins and I made my shawl all sorts of ugly!:teehee: Thank goodness you can reblock!