PDA

View Full Version : queued

AH1OZ
06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
i have a problem!

whenever i find a project i like i add it to my queue on ravelry... well, its now at 86 projects!!!

my problem is, i rarely use patterns so its not like i am going to cast on that project anyways!

it just keeps growing and growing and growing!

its out of control!!!

suzeeq
06-19-2009, 10:45 AM
My queue is on the 4th page. Some of the patterns I'd knit, most I'd modify and there are many that I'll just take the idea and make up my own pattern from. So you're not the only one....

Abbily
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I've started adding them to my faves instead if I don't think I'll actually cast it on... you can tag things for easy sorting. :)

globaltraveler
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I do the same thing -- ooh, I need to remember that *click* -- but it does work for me! It's all in the perception, right? Don't think of your queue as your "I'm going to make THIS" list, but as you "My idea file!". Well, AND your "I'm going to make THIS" list, if you want. :)

Mirl56
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't think I've ever "queued" - I just "favorite" them.

scout52
06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
LOL I think I'm at like 15 pages. I need to take a knittng sabbatical to knit just one page of my queue!

Craw
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I've only got 29 in my queue but then I've only just begun. :mrgreen: The list is growing all the time but i don't care.

albertpollard
06-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I have a folder with about 60 projects on my computer.

sakura-panda
06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't think I've ever "queued" - I just "favorite" them.

Me too. :)

globaltraveler
06-23-2009, 04:50 AM
The only problem I see with favoriting things instead of queuing things is that a lot of people feel really quite downcast if people un-favorite their projects. I can delete things from my queue quite easily without making anyone feel badly about themselves or their knitting, so that's why i don't favorite things that I just want to consider making - no, it's not my problem if they connect their self-worth with their knitting or Rav account, but I figure I have enough problems dealing with the karma of making people feel bad through interaction with me without adding that onto it!

sakura-panda
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
The only problem I see with favoriting things instead of queuing things is that a lot of people feel really quite downcast if people un-favorite their projects.

I had no idea! :oops:

I didn't noticed the "queue" button for AGES so everything I wanted to save ended up as a Favorite. :teehee:

Vertigo1414
06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
i put things i don't have the yarn for yet in the faves and things i have yarn for in the queue. then i forget i put them in faves...