PDA

View Full Version : DEATHS...Michael Jackson; Farrah Fawcett

ArtLady1981
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
As you well know by now, Michael Jackson died today. (age 50)
Farrah Fawcett died today, too. (age 62)

The news is reporting heart issues for Michael's death.
I'm wondering...who was with him at the time of his death...or,
if he was home alone, who found him?

Ryan O'Neal was at Farrah's bedside when she passed, so the news reports.

lulubell
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I heard on the news this morning that Farrah had died, but had no idea about Michael Jackson!

Knitting_Guy
06-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I feel bad for Farrah's loved ones. I'm sure she'll be missed.

I can't bring myself to mourn the loss of a child molester though.

Jan in CA
06-25-2009, 11:19 PM
My heart goes out to both their families and loved ones.

Crycket
06-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Michael dying threw me for a loop...but yeah...he was such a weirdo...a talented weirdo, but a weirdo none the less....

His music was enjoyed by so many generations of ppl, not to mention all around the world....I didn't put much thought into it, but I couldn't believe he was 50...for some reason I thought he was younger....*shrugs*

motherpink
06-26-2009, 01:14 AM
I've only just woken up and just come online when I had seen the headlinds on my yahoo news that both stars had died.

In the 70s I loved them both.

R.I.P both of you.

Debkcs
06-26-2009, 04:09 AM
I agree, Mason. I do feel bad for all three families, let's not forget Ed McMahon.

GinnyG
06-26-2009, 06:44 AM
I have sympathy for the families and their loss of a loved one.

Michael Jackson was a perverted freak and I am not mourning his loss. All the talent in the world does not compensate for terrible things he has done. The reports this morning keep saying "putting his personal life aside he was a great artist". That is simply crap; he legacy is the pain he inflicted on innocent children and that is what he should be remembered for.

cdjack
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Michael Jackson was eccentric at the very least, but I don't think that he was actually found guilty of molesting any children.

Sknitter56
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Knitting Guy, I'm with you! Every news story is about this child molester and how talented he was...blah blah blah...he MOLESTED CHILDREN!!! When is this country going to punish and condemn the wrong doers and praise/reward those who try, day by day to do the right thing, live an honest life, work at a honest and legal job, pay their taxes (don't get me started!), and struggle to make ends meet? This country is absolutely going in the wrong direction.

WolfWalker
06-27-2009, 08:49 PM
In a way it's kinda a blessing that these two died on the very same day. At least Farah's family can mourn their loss in peace while all the media hound MJ's family.

NikitaShera
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Did anyone think that people use the "child molestation" issues to seek money from him since he's a high profile celebrity and he has lots of money.

I think he was forced to grow up and work at a young age and he never had a childhood, i don't think we should judge him.

Jan in CA
06-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Did anyone think that people use the "child molestation" issues to seek money from him since he's a high profile celebrity and he has lots of money.

I think he was forced to grow up and work at a young age and he never had a childhood, i don't think we should judge him.

Yes. I think there is a good possibility of that. I can't judge him either and in any case regardless the family is the one left behind. I feel for them.

LadyFirelyght
06-28-2009, 12:26 AM

Not to mention the fact that he was found not guilty of the charges by a jury.

I don't believe in speaking ill of the dead. RIP MJ, Ed, and Farrah.

ArtLady1981
06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I guess the coroners are gonna keep picking at his remains until they are satisfied how and why Mr. Jackson died. It seems suspicious from what I've heard on the news.

Let's face it, for years and years, everything has gone south for Michael Jackson. Now it's just about as far south as it can get.

Not commenting on his private life...but his ability to sing and perform were unparalleled! No one will ever forget his music. Kinda like Elvis Presley's music, and the music of the Beatles. They were all one-of-a-kind. Elvis's private life went south, too.

Jan in CA
06-28-2009, 10:02 PM
DH and I were lamenting that we didn't see him in concert before he died. :doh:

saracidaltendencies
06-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, I just have to say something...Typically I'd probably keep my mouth shut on the issue of MJ, but, possibly because I'm dealing with a death in my own family (the same day MJ and Farrah died) I feel so inclined to say something in regards to the media hype surrounding MJ.

I'm sorry but I just cannot mourn the loss of him. Is it sad? Yes, death is a sad thing, but, despite him being found "not guilty" by a jury, he still settled with a family for something like 20 million dollars, at some point. If you were totally innocent of such charges, would you settle for 20 million?! What's there to settle if you're truly not guilty?!

Even if he was truly not guilty, at the least, he had some weird obsession with young boys.

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument about this topic and like I said, typically I wouldn't say a word and probably the only reason I have is because of my frame of mind dealing with the death in my family but I'm just tired of hearing about him and how great he was.

JessicaR
06-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Did everybody hear that Billy Mays died today too?!?! What the heck is going on???

WolfWalker
06-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Did everybody hear that Billy Mays died today too?!?! What the heck is going on???

I too heard this. Here's what I've read so far about him. Please note I'm not saying that he died from a head injury, just repeating what I've read so far.

"U.S. Airways confirmed Sunday that Mays was among the passengers on a flight that made a rough landing on Saturday afternoon at Tampa International Airport, leaving debris on the runway after apparently blowing its front tires.

Tampa Bay's Fox television affiliate interviewed Mays after the incident.

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," MyFox Tampa Bay quoted him as saying. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

Debra in NC

JessicaR
06-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Well if celebs die in 3s and it started with Ed McMan, then Farrah and Wacko Jacko. Then who's after Billy??? Maybe infomercial people die in groups too??? Yikes!

GinnyG
06-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I guess I just don't "get" all the attention and media surrounding the death of any celeb.

This weekend I found the non stop meda coverage very annoying. It is always sad when someone dies, even if that person is a perverted freak (I don't believe that "not guilty" means innocent) but as the average Joe that death really has little significance, other than historical note.

Flocking to a persons "Walk of Fame Star" or hometown to me is just plain bizarre. Most celebs who die, whether it's Elvis or Billie Mays, live on through films, Sound Track or other media so the impact of their loss is really minimal to those who are not directly connected.

With so many really critical and important issues going on in the world the death of a celeb, while worth mention, is hardly a world changing event (to other than the family and friends).

knitgal
06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
It is unfortunate that we are even having this discussion. ArtLady started this thread as a tribute to those who have died recently and it has turned into a shameful bashing of someone who was perhaps a little strange, but never proved guilty of what you say. Let's remember him for the music icon that he was and respect him for that.

knitgal
06-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Ginny, I agree that it is a little annoying to see the media coverage of a celebritiy's death, yet people die everyday and are not receognized in the same way.

I have been dealing with the death of my mother since March. She was 54 and I am 23. She broke her neck from a fall down the stairs and I never get to see her again. It bothers me that people say they are so upset about the deaths of celebrities who they never knew. They clearly have no idea what it is really like to lose someone.

GinnyG
06-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I am sorry if anyone is offended by the discussion here, but I don't see that this thread was started as a "tribute" but simply as a discussion of the deaths.

One of the crazy things about this world is that we become so star struck by fame and yes, talent that we totally ignore the rest of it .

I am on several different forums and it has amazed me to see how angry the MJ fans become when anything negative is mentioned. It's like not talking about it makes it "not so". I am as entitled to discuss my opinions and feelings about the man as the most die hard fan is. We are each entitled to our own thoughts as feelings.

Knitgal, I am so sorry for the death of your mother. Yes, it would seem that the folks who have gone over the edge about the death of a celebrity really don't know what it is to lose a loved one.

kellyh57
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
The one thing that really irks me is leaving stuff at their house or star or wherever. I remember when Princess Diana died there was tons of stuffed animals left. I think that they donated them to an orphanage. Why do people leave stuff for a dead person? I understand placing flowers on their grave and that kind of thing, but going to a celebrity's house and leaving stuff on the fence? Why not donate something to someone who'd really enjoy it? Send flowers to the nursing home or a stuffed animal to a children's hospital? It would certainly be much more appreciated!

LadyFirelyght
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
The one thing that really irks me is leaving stuff at their house or star or wherever. I remember when Princess Diana died there was tons of stuffed animals left. I think that they donated them to an orphanage. Why do people leave stuff for a dead person? I understand placing flowers on their grave and that kind of thing, but going to a celebrity's house and leaving stuff on the fence? Why not donate something to someone who'd really enjoy it? Send flowers to the nursing home or a stuffed animal to a children's hospital? It would certainly be much more appreciated!
Each person mourns in their own way. Who are we to tell them how they should do it?

knittingymnast
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I feel bad for Farrah's loved ones. I'm sure she'll be missed.

I can't bring myself to mourn the loss of a child molester though.

I sorta agree. Although, we don't have any evidence that he ever molested anyone. But why would anyone want to put themselves in a position that would make them look guilty?

LadyFirelyght
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
He was actually pretty transparent about what he did. The whole documentary where he let people come in his house, allowing himself to be strip-searched, etc. kind of shows the opposite of what people learned from the media headlines bastardizations.

NikitaShera
06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
For those who though MJ is a wacko. ie Have young boys over his house.

To me when someone says he's a wacko, he's does not fit our general definition of "normal." Its like when we see a guy who bakes?

I believe the saying, do not judge others because we don't their struggles.

Here is one posting i got from a forum.

================================================== ===========================
Do you ppl honestly just not like him because of his old, wierd habits? Do your guys realize what knd of a childhood he had..? He didnt sleep, eat or have anytime for a life. I can understand at his age now going to some teens house and being like do you wanna hang because he never had the chance to becuase of how abused he was in his career. And i can knda understand why he got caught up with that kid that he suposively malestied. His bros were older so they had friends around and they were guy

GinnyG
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Allowing young boys to sleep in your bed is a far different brand of "wacko" than a man who bakes.

The bottom line is that those who idolize MJ will not accept the negative and those who believe him to be a perverted freakazoid will not idolize him and never the twain shall meet.

LadyFirelyght
07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Allowing young boys to sleep in your bed is a far different brand of "wacko" than a man who bakes.

The bottom line is that those who idolize MJ will not accept the negative and those who believe him to be a perverted freakazoid will not idolize him and never the twain shall meet.
Then there are those of us who fall into neither category (I'm neither a fan nor hater) who believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty. Unless you have all the facts (and not just speculation), to say that you "know" that he's a pervert is simple fallacy.

ArtLady1981
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input! :hug: Prolly most of you are on MJ overload, what with the media coverage!

This thread is now closed to further discussion, prolly to everyone's AMEN! :thumbsup: