PDA

View Full Version : I just Frogged my First Teddy

Nanaof6
07-02-2009, 06:54 PM
:waah: I hate frogging.

I bought 'The Knitted Teddy Bear' by Sandra Polley and I thought I'd start out knitting 'Snowflake' on page 91. I was doing great until row 16 , I should of had 8 sts and when I counted I had 9sts. So I carefully undid the row and I had it under control until the mail lady showed up and Emmalou went crazy and jumped into my lap. Emma is a 75 pound Aussie. One needle slide out and off came all the sts. With all of the Inc sts ,I was totally lost:waah: I tried in vain to save my work . The body and head are all done in one and I had just finished one shoulder and rows away from finishing the left side of the head when Emma changed all of that for me:hair:

I'm getting better at undoing my knitting and correcting a mistake as long as it doesn't invole Inc sts and with stockinnette sts it made it even harder for me.

Oh Well. It's only yarn right? Right!

jheatherley
07-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Think of it as building character. And besides that, Emmalou is a heck of a lot more important than yarn.

mwhite
07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
You deserve a "Poor Baby" and I personally think there oughta be a law about people interrupting you when you knit!!! :tap:

Crycket
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
That is my most favorite knitting book ever!

Don't worry...it will come.

Just remember that not every teddy looks right on the needles, or off of them either...they will look best when sewn together...

Smaller gauge the better! Don't want the stuffing peaking though...

Don't worry about the face...every bear will come with his/her own personality!

Nanaof6
07-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Crycket (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=22907), thank you! I am anxious to see this done. Snowflake is only 7 inches tall, so I am hoping it won't take me long. I will make 'Catherine' later when I have Snowflake done. DH wants me to make one for a friend of ours that is adopting soon.

Anyone else made a bear of toy??

Crycket
07-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Bears are so much fun to knit, and I like to experiment with different yarns and stuff...

I like that these bears are small...cause you can get through them fast enough....

besides, if you don't like one, someone else will...and you can start again with another pattern...

Haven't ventured to do Catherine yet...mainly cause I can't find doll joints anywhere...but also cause she is big....I was going to do her in fingering weight one day...we will see...

Good luck...I haven't done Snowflake yet either...mostly Molly, Toby and Jake, Bertie, Thomas and Elizabeth and Heidi. I have done Robert twice now...

I think I added you as a friend on Ravelry...you can see most of my bears there...*winks*

Nanaof6
07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I am Kemer on Ravelry

Crycket
07-03-2009, 08:03 AM
oops...then I added someone else....*smiles*

I will add you then...*smiles*

khaosx5
07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
You will have to post a picture when you are done...doll joints are available at Mary Maxim...take a deep breath and start again - it always works out!!
:knitting: