PDA

View Full Version : More FOs by self-taught knitter

lgoddard
07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Just a few things I worked on while I was knitting my heirloom afghan posted previously. One is an afghan for a friend, called "square in square." Cannot remember where I got the pattern. Will have to look that up and post later. Another, made up rib rib scarf for my niece's little boy. The other is a shawl for my MIL, pattern from "One Skein W0nders," called super simple triangle shawl." Nothing dynamic but still, pretty proud of them.:happydance:

lgoddard
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
The square afghan pattern was from www.freepatterns.com called "Reversible Square-in-a-Square.

blessedtosew
07-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Those are pretty!!! I am teaching myself to knit, too, by watching videos online.

auntcrafty
07-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Wonderful! I'm making that shawl, too.

ArtLady1981
07-05-2009, 08:56 AM
You have a beautiful knitting gauge! All the stitches are so perfect! Great work! Nice colors, too! The shawl is divine!

lgoddard
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Thank you everyone. I think I tend to knit tight so I think it takes me longer to finish my projects. Thanks, ArtLady for the compliment on my stitches. AuntKrafty, hope your shawl turns out well too. My MIL loves hers, says she can wear it different ways for different looks.

Knitting_Guy
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Looks like you've been busy. Great work.

Another self taught here, well between self, KH videos, and asking a lot of stupid questions in the forums :rofl:

WandaT
07-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Great job on all your projects!!! Like Mason, I think a lot of us are self taught on here. Fortunately, places like KH make it much easier to learn on your own. The people here are so friendly and helpful. :)