PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Liberty Afghan Complete

MGM
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I didn't plan on finishing this for July 4th! It just worked out that way. Almost a whole month early too! It will be a raffle prize at a golf tournament to raise money for the PFC Jonathan Roberge Memorial Scholarship Fund on August 1st. I know the family through my daughter's involvement in the high school band, and Jonathan is their oldest child, only not so very old when he was killed in Iraq this past January. Very sad. This is the price of Sweet Liberty, the kind that really matters, not the crocheted kind.

Anyway, here is a picture and more can be seen by clicking HERE (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/07/sweet-liberty-complete-happy-july-4th.html) if you're interested.

mwhite
07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=MGM;1239366]I didn't plan on finishing this for July 4th! It just worked out that way. Almost a whole month early too! It will be a raffle prize at a golf tournament to raise money for the PFC Jonathan Roberge Memorial Scholarship Fund on August 1st. I know the family through my daughter's involvement in the high school band, and Jonathan is their oldest child, only not so very old when he was killed in Iraq this past January. Very sad. This is the price of Sweet Liberty, the kind that really matters, not the crocheted kind.
QUOTE]

Very appropriate and it's just beautiful. Bless you for what you're doing...I know the family is sad and needs the uplifting. Beautifully done!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

mathwizard
07-05-2009, 08:36 AM
You have done a beautiful job! I hope they raise lots of money for your afghan is worth it.

stitchabit
07-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow!! That is stunning!!!:yay:

Jan in CA
07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
That is beautiful!!

merryknitter
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Mary Grace...it is so very beautiful! I LOVE it....and I know the family will greatly appreciate the love behind it!
God Bless You,
Merry :)

margz3
07-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Mary Grace - that is simply gorgeous! I know the family will appreciate it! (I work with Jonathan's Aunt and Cousin) I'm sure it will do very well as a raffle item!