PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pattern

crocee
07-06-2009, 07:53 AM
I need a sweater pattern for my sister. She is large busted (36DD) and most of the patterns I find are too small, although they do fit in the waist. I started a large size pattern and when we laid it across her chest, it barely covered without a lot of stretching. IF I complete the sweater in the present size, it would look like a 10lb turkey stuffed into a 2lb bag. I would like it to lay right when being worn. Can anyone tell me where to find such a pattern since I don't know how to make the adjustments yet. She could wear a medium size if it wasn't for the large bust. A free pattern is preferable since I am a new knitter, but I will gladly pay if I can find a pattern that looks right.

motherpink
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM
My little trick.

This what I would do, once you've done the rib (cuff) add the stitches that are required, knit a few rows like 20 and start to increase every 6th row at each end to the amount you want for your sisters jumper but don't cast off only cast off what the patterns says. Then you should see the waist hasn't change but the bodice is a little wider than normally.

I hoped this has helped you in some way. Let us know how you are getting on with it:)

suzeeq
07-06-2009, 09:11 AM
You can use short rows to give her more room in the bust area. Knitty (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATbonnetric.html) has a good article.