PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Bliss pattern abbreviations

Pea
07-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm knitting a sweater out of a Debbie Bliss book--Pure Silk. I'm a fairly experienced knitter, but some of her abbreviations are over my head, and are not specified in the front of her book.

I'm knitting the Rib and Eyelet Top (p.38), and the abbreviations I'm unfamiliar with are "pfkb" (3rd row), and "kp" (7th row). Can anyone help me decipher either or both of these? Does "kp" mean knit and purl in the same stitch?

Thanks,

Pea

suzeeq
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I think you're right about kp being knit/purl in the same stitch; I think pfkb would also be an inc - purl in the front loop, knit into the back loop. Are there any explanations for the sts in the pattern itself? Either the first time you do them, or in the notes just before the cast on instructions.

Pea
07-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestion to look at the instructions for the pattern itself. The abbreviations were listed there, and I don't know why I missed them when I read the pattern for the first time.

kp means [k1 p1] into next stitch, and pfkb is purl into front of stitch, knit into back of stitch.

Now I can get on to the fun stuff - knitting the sweater! I really appreciate your help.

Pea