PDA

View Full Version : help please

youngestsimon
07-09-2009, 01:45 AM
I am looking for the pattern for the "sampler" baby blanket at Knitting Central in Westport. They give it out free if you purchase the yarns there, but their yarn is sooo expensive. I will pay someone for the pattern. Thank you in advance.

Jan in CA
07-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Even if you pay someone for the pattern the designer isn't getting paid so it's a copyright violation.

Can you buy the pattern alone through the store? Would you accept a substitute sampler blanket?

Free:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b18&d_id=16&lang=us

A cute one in this book that you can get used or probably from your library.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Knits-Babies-Moms-Beautiful/dp/1596680105%3FSubscriptionId%3D1YZR91QYB6WCG3PM78G2 %26tag%3Dravelry-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165 953%26creativeASIN%3D1596680105

youngestsimon
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Of course I would accept another sampler baby blanket pattern and of course I do not want to deny the designer proper compensation. They will not let me just buy the pattern. All I want is the pattern. It is perfect. I actually did buy another sampler pattern that they had, but it is just much less involved, and a little too basic, even for little ole me. That other one is the one for which I yearn!
You are all so helpful. Thank you so much.

Jan in CA
07-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Okay, I included a couple links in my last post. Do you know the name of the pattern? Maybe we can find it online somewhere. Or if you can explain what the blanket looks like we can find a suitable replacement. :thumbsup:

Mirl56
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
What's the name of the yarn that you'd have to buy to get the free pattern?

A lot of yarn companies will have free patterns for their yarn posted at their websites. I've noticed a lot of free pattern w/purchase items at Herschners - if you check direct at the yarn companies website those same patterns are often available free. So try looking at the yarn company's website for the pattern.

Jan in CA
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Good call, Marilyn! I forgot about that!

youngestsimon
07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I have an update for all of you who have been so helpful. First, thank you.
Evidently it is from a knitting compnay YEARS ago. Which one is the question? I am going to look at it again and will then describe it in more detail.
I took a Vogue knitting bible out of the library yesterday to try and put something together myself, but I think that it is a lost cause.