PDA

View Full Version : Oh I give up!

Irishmam
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I have spent about 2 hours online today looking for a simple pattern for a shrug that suits the yarn I bought. I have searched by yarn weight, gauge, needle size and lots of others but just cannot find a suitable pattern. ho hum:wall:

Think I'll knit a bag instead.

Irishrach

Quiltlady
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I have spent about 2 hours online today looking for a simple pattern for a shrug that suits the yarn I bought. I have searched by yarn weight, gauge, needle size and lots of others but just cannot find a suitable pattern. ho hum:wall:

Think I'll knit a bag instead.

Irishrach
If you are on Ravelry you can look up the yarn there oo and see if you an find anything. You probably already did that..but good luck anyway.

globaltraveler
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
There's jillions of shrug patterns out there -- a quick look at Rav...isn't really quick! What yarn did you buy for it, and what are you looking for? Anyway, most shrugs are basically a rectangle that you then seam for the sleeves -- easy enough to do your own pattern for that!

Irishmam
07-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Yes indeed Ravelry was where I spent the 2 hours. I am now familiar with all the search functions! The thing is I am such a beginner I really wanted a simple one and have just found one - hooray for not really giving up. I found a Vogue Knit pattern with a st st/ rev st st rib - perfect for bringing on my hols with the kids on Friday.

globaltraveler
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
It's funny that you've been looking for a shrug -- I've been doing the same, trying to find a side to side shrug for some sock yarn, because I want the stripes to run vertically, not horizontally. I may have to design it myself...

vaknitter
07-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I've been looking for a shrug pattern as well...I want something simple for some lovely brown hand-spun alpaca I bought from a local farm....nada......

Irishmam
07-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Here is the link to the pattern I am using

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rolled-collar-shrug

It says it is for size small but the pattern has all the additions for a medium and large too.

It is a side-to-side pattern with the ribs running vertically so maybe it will work Zina?

It is a Vogue Knitting pattern and I seem drawn to their shrugs - some nice simple ones for us beginners

Irishmam

globaltraveler
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I saw that one and seriously considered it, or at least a variant of it! But I think my yarn isn't suited for it, not enough body. I think I'm going to cobble together a plain stockinette stitch body with an all-the-way-round ruffle out of The Knitter on another lace cardi...