PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Knitters

Belphoebe
07-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Hello all! I'm moving home (to Iowa) at the end of July. Any knitters out there?

:knitting:

jess_hawk
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
What part of Iowa? I'm from along the Mississippi. Check out the Yarn Shoppe in Davenport, it's excellent. Crazy Girl, in Muscatine and Iowa City, is good too.

Belphoebe
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I will be over on the other side of the state, about 75 miles east of Sioux City. Next time I'm on that side of the state I'll have to stop by!
:happydance:

nemaent
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
How exciting! I'm near Iowa City and am an avid knitter. We, too, moved back to Iowa; it's great to come home, isn't it? I clicked on the wrong thing before respoding to this post (I can knit; technology.... not so much...) and discovered you're a spec. ed teacher. I teach first grade. Summer's going fast, isn't it! I'm always excited and ready when the time finally gets here, though! Good luck with your move!

Belphoebe
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm most excited for my 5 year old daughter. She LOVES snow and will finally get to see it for a while. Over Christmas, we visited my family in Iowa and she was crying when we put her to bed because she was afraid the snow would melt overnight like it does in NC. She is going to have a blast! :woot:

jess_hawk
07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
How exciting! I'm near Iowa City and am an avid knitter. We, too, moved back to Iowa; it's great to come home, isn't it? I clicked on the wrong thing before respoding to this post (I can knit; technology.... not so much...) and discovered you're a spec. ed teacher. I teach first grade. Summer's going fast, isn't it! I'm always excited and ready when the time finally gets here, though! Good luck with your move!
What? It's summer already? Dangit!
Just kidding, I did notice that it got ridiculously hot out all of a sudden. Time certainly has been flying since about April, though!

I will be over on the other side of the state, about 75 miles east of Sioux City. Next time I'm on that side of the state I'll have to stop by!
:happydance:
Haha, definitely:thumbsup: ... if I'm in town. It seems like I'm gone more than I'm home these days: I'm leaving for Missouri for a 12 week internship starting in August, for example, and hopefully graduate school following that (also out of state, but I don't know where yet).