PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick pout...

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 03:18 PM
So, I'm in bed sick with the flu. I figured, hey, free knitting vacation! Got together all the projects I've had going, got it all set up around me... And then...

...discovered I'm too sick to want to knit.

...sulk...

Jan in CA
07-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I didn't knit for TWO weeks I was so sick. Ugh. Hope you feel better soon!

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
It's like adding insult to injury! All I appear to be good for is flipping listlessly through the two knitting magazines I have here, desultorily looking at news sites and Rav, and napping. (And going through a lot of tissues.)

I was thinking that at least I could get onto the main body of the cardi I'm working on. *sigh*

Thanks for the good wishes, tho. Maybe I'll feel like knitting tomorrow.

thecatsmother
07-17-2009, 04:49 PM
sending get well wishes...you must be really sick if you can't knit

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it's a weird feeling...I don't even want to make any more knitted cupcakes. All I'm doing is lying here, bored out of my skull, but not even remotely interested in picking up the needles. Go figure.

Thanks, though!

mwhite
07-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Hope you feel better soon...ugh on the sickness and double ugh on not feeling like knitting! :hug:

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks Mary. I've been wondering what would happened if I tried knitting anyway.

*sigh* I'd probably end up having to frog everything back, right?

mwhite
07-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks Mary. I've been wondering what would happened if I tried knitting anyway.

*sigh* I'd probably end up having to frog everything back, right?

I am sending you virtual rays of sunshine, got-lotsa-time-to-knit vibes and some mental chicken soup.....Maybe it'll help...:thumbsup:

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Anything's worth a try! xox

vaknitter
07-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Boy have I been there !! No fun getting time off work to watch smut TV, knit, read, play with the puppers and alas all you can do is lay on the couch.

Hope you feel better soon

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, it just feels like it's unfair somehow! :) Thanks!

Sknitter56
07-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Zina, so sorry you're down in the mouth...being sick is bad enough, but being sick in the summer time is double yucky. Sure hope you get better real soon.
Mary:muah:

globaltraveler
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Mary -- luckily, I'm in Ireland...summer is a rather different beast here than in most places I'm used to! :)

ArtLady1981
07-19-2009, 05:04 AM
:grphug: We're here for you, Zina!

You may have temporarily lost your ZEAL to knit, but you haven't lost your sense of humor! You always make me smile! Even when you're feeling lousy, you don't make other people feel lousy!

Can I come and be your neighbor? :hug:

globaltraveler
07-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Oh well, Dollyce, since I'm actually homeless at the moment, maybe I can come live near you. :)

You know, that makes me think about the fact that one of the things I love about being online is I can be a much nicer person than in real life -- much harder to say things without thinking, which I do regularly in person, I'm afraid.

I was online yesterday and saw someone who has an avatar of themself with a hand over their mouth. I was thinking I should do that to remind me to watch what I say more carefully... ;)

globaltraveler
07-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh, and another thing! I do this every time I have sinusitis (which is almost every cold I ever have). Every time I have it, I swear that I'm never going to take clear and open sinuses and nasal passages for granted again. Then I'm healthy for a couple of weeks and forget about it.

Everybody, wherever you are, take a nice big clear sniff and thank God/the universe/Karma/whatever for your nice clear sinuses! ;)

Vertigo1414
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM
i can feel your pain. i had the past week off from work and i was looking forward to finishing up some projects...turns out it was the hottest week this year in Massachusetts. it was to hot to think let alone knit. damn weather
hope you feel better

globaltraveler
07-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Knock on wood -- I hate hot weather, and while everyone else is complaining about hot weather being not too common this summer in Dingle, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

mwhite
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Are you able to knit now? :hug:

globaltraveler
07-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I actually tried a few rows out on my cardi. Then I re-blocked the bottom bit...and have now found a place that I somehow missed that I messed up the pattern and will have to drop the stitches down to fix about 3/4 of the way down. :doh:

mwhite
07-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I actually tried a few rows out on my cardi. Then I re-blocked the bottom bit...and have now found a place that I somehow missed that I messed up the pattern and will have to drop the stitches down to fix about 3/4 of the way down. :doh:

Uh! Sorry...But sounds like you're back to the knitting for sure! LOL!

globaltraveler
07-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, that at least gets me to the eyelet and decrease rows of the cardi, finally!

It being 3:30 am, though, I figured I'd better wait to do the fix tomorrow after some sleep. :)