PDA

View Full Version : My Redneck Life

Sknitter56
07-19-2009, 06:30 PM
DH and I decided to go fishing today since it was a nice sunny day and not raining as predicted. We put our boat in at the boat ramp on the Ogeechee River (otherwise known at the "Redneck Riviera" to the locals around here) and went upriver, under I-95, and on about 10 miles, stopping and fishing along the way. Got lots of sun, but no fish. As they say, a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work. We just really enjoyed the peace and quiet and the sounds of nature all around. We even saw an eagle, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. We did see this little fella sunning on a log. Not my most favorite thing in the world, but we didn't bother him and he didn't bother us.

Knitting_Guy
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Looks great to me.

cindycactus
07-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Looks wonderful. Many years ago when we lived in the area DH & I took our pontoon boat out on Lake Istokpoga in South Central Florida and just put lines in the water and trolled. Caught some bass and shell cracker but mostly just watched nature. Lots of gators and Osprey in that area. Good memories.

mwhite
07-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Love to river/pond fish! There are just too many places and too much water in Lake Thurmond (Lincolnton, Ga) to suit me. We generally end up in a cove somewhere, crappie or bream fishing. It's been way too long since my last fishing trip...thanks for posting!

Sknitter56
07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Mary...I love Clarks Hill...that's where we go camping every year in October. We usually camp at Modoc on the SC side. I grew up in Augusta.

mwhite
07-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Mary...I love Clarks Hill...that's where we go camping every year in October. We usually camp at Modoc on the SC side. I grew up in Augusta.

And I'm glad somebody remembers that it IS Clarks Hill!!! How
bout that...we are actually in McCormick and run a boat repair shop on 378 West about 14 miles from Lincolnton, so come by and see me if you get a chance!!! I'm the only female in the shop and I love it when women come in. You'll usually find me in my office with a phone stuck on my ear and a knitting project in my hands. Modoc's only 8-10 miles away!

I grew up in Greenwood County(next to McCormick) in a small township called Callison off 378 East about 17 miles from here. Since we work on boats, we don't get to fish much!!! :waah: Aren't you glad the lake finally has some water???

Knitting_Guy
07-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I've done a bit of fishing in GA, even Clark's Hill Lake. Caught a few nice bass there many moons ago. Camped there for a couple of weeks.

mwhite
07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I've done a bit of fishing in GA, even Clark's Hill Lake. Caught a few nice bass there many moons ago. Camped there for a couple of weeks.

It is a big attraction for both bass and striper fishermen. There are tournaments on most weekends and alot of the charity tournaments are held either on Thurmond or Russell.

Sknitter56
07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
The last time I was up there was in October and the lake was almost dry! I can remember one other time when it was that low and that was way back in the '80s. Our campsite at Modoc was, during normal times, right on the water. But, we had to walk I'd guesstimate about 300-400 feet before we were at the water line. Our cove was totally dry. We still had fun, mind you, but it would have been so much nicer had the lake been at full levels. There was still a fishing tournament going on for a couple of the days were were there, so the low levels didn't stop the fishermen.
Mary, we (I) may look for you next time we're up there. After our trip in October we bought a small (old-1972 Nomad) camper because we're both too old to be tent camping now :) We had a great time, but had to cut our vacation short because rain was on the way, so our trip that should have ended on Sunday was terminated on Thursday. I didn't feel like spending 4 days with everything wet. Guess I'm getting spoiled as I get a little older.

p.s.....it wall ALWAYS be Clarks Hill to me :wink: