PDA

View Full Version : Please say a Prayer

KnitPrincess
07-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone. Please say a prayer, my grandpop went to the doctors and they found a growth on his vocal cord. They just did the biopsy today. We are praying that it is not cancer. My great grandfather died from throat cancer. I lost my grandmom last March (2008) due to alzhiemers. I don't think I could take losing another loved one. I will post an update as soon as we get the results.

pinksugar
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he's ok!

Sknitter56
07-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Jennie...here's hoping your grandpop's biopsy is benign. Grandparents are so special and I miss mine tremendously and they've been gone 20+ years. And, I lost my mom to Alzheimer's. I'll say a little prayer for you and your grandpop.
Mary

lulubell
07-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I will be sending positive thoughts your way. My Grandad was so special to me too.

MoniDew
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
:pray:

KnitPrincess
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
We found out yesterday that the growth was cancerous. It was removed and there didn't appear to be any other cancer growth in his throat. He is going to have to go through six weeks of radiation to make sure it is gone. Then for a year he has to go back to the doctor once a month to check everything out. It is 98% cureable and it has only a 1% chance of spreading.

WolfWalker
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm so sorry that this was found to be cancer, but at least it sounds like it's been caught early and has a very high successful treatment/cure rate. Just make sure that he is vigilant with his doctor appointments! Thanks so much for the update, I'll hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Debra in NC

mandicita
07-29-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll be sending well wishes your way, my grandfather has beat three different cancers, and I hope yours beats this one!

Knitting_Guy
07-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Praying for him.

cindycactus
08-01-2009, 09:28 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: I hope he will be well soon.

The.Knitter
08-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I'll add my prayers to the group as well!

KnitPrincess
09-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone my grandpop seems to be responding to the raditation...I know it should make me feel better but I am still a bit nervous. I work in a daycare and one of the grandfather's had cancer, he was the sweetest old man always had a bright smile whenever he came to collect one of his grandchildren. He was told that his treatment worked then a few short months later he went back and his blood test were off but the cancer wasn't in the same spot it had moved to his liver and his Lymph node. His family was told that he only had a short time...He passed away a few days later:cry: It is one of the worst things to be told...I know becasue that is what happened with my grandmom one minute she was in the hospital for a minor thing (she had alzhiemers) then we were told that she had only a little time left. I know they say that God only gives us what we can handle...but I have been handling this like this since I was 13 I don't want to have to handle anymore at the moment :sad: Thank you all for your support, kind words, and prayers:muah:

melmac51
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Praying for your grandpop and you. Think positive...every little bit helps! :hug:

Crycket
09-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Sending my thoughts!

Ronda
09-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Hope he's improving and feeling well.

KnitPrincess
09-27-2009, 08:25 PM
As of now he is doing pretty good. His voice is really hoarse still but he is his usual happy go lucky self which is a good thing to see:) .