PDA

View Full Version : Moving Jitters

Belphoebe
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone ever get them? I want to move, it is a great job, and I'll be closer to my family....but the money, tying up the loose ends, etc. is making me a nervous wreck! Any advice?

:help:

nemaent
07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Try this website: http://www.upack.com/moving-resources/checklist.asp

I didn't review it for content..... Googled "moving checklist".

Good luck! It'll be great when it's all over and you're in your new place

pinksugar
07-21-2009, 12:43 AM
hell yes I get them :)

Next monday I'm moving to Italy for 6 months! I know it will be a great experience, life changing, etc etc, but I'm totally freaking out on the inside :)

I'm sure we'll both be fine! we know it's for the best!

I'm trying to think of it as a wonderful, life changing adventure!

cftwo
07-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Moving is stressful, period. Being organized helps, and knowing that it will take a while (depending on your income) to pay off all the extra expenses (utility hook-up costs, movers, etc.) also helps keep things in perspective.

I find that the settling in process of finding doctor/mechanic/dentist/hairdresser/etc. is always a surprisingly stressful experience. Getting recommendations from locals who have been there a while is always a good place to start.

Belphoebe
07-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I guess I'm lucky, because where I am moving is near my family....which can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. I've lived there before, so I know all the things like doctors/dentists/etc. I'm sure my family won't let me starve, but I know they will lord it over me until I pay them back.

Thank you for all of your words of wisdom!

Ingrid
07-25-2009, 12:33 AM
When I was a kid, we moved many times. Somehow my mother got everything organized and taken care of without internets or emails. I don't remember her getting all crazy about the details, though. She just did what she needed to with what she had and we got there and never left anything behind. She made it look so simple that I only could appreciate it when I moved as an adult. She should have gotten a prize for Moving without Mania.