PDA

View Full Version : *Rant Time* I can't stand the train

Vertigo1414
07-24-2009, 11:05 PM
I just need to vent about my terrible morning. Let me start with some background, I don't own a car but the commuter rail is 5 mins from my house and 10 from my work in a town about 30 mins away. Friday is always my early morning and a stressful day cause i'm on a time crunch, i start at 7:30am so i'm awake at 5:30 to be on a train at 6:45. I'm as far from a morning person as you can get. It was POURING today and very very windy. So i'm walking to the Dunkin Donuts next to the depot to get something to wake me up and a bus from Boston slows down to ask me how to get to the depot, my first thought is...i'm going to end up on this bus. so i get my tea walk around the corner of the building to the depot and there's the bus with everyone getting on it. So i ask what's going on, turns out a tree took out power wires on the track between my station (which is one of the starts of this line going to boston) and my work. So we were going to get on the bus and stop at every station (6) between where i was and where i needed to be. So a bunch of people say forget it, i'm driving. I don't have that choice. So the bus finally leaves, but as we're getting to the next station the conductor that came on the bus tells us that "they cleared the track and released the train so we're meeting it at this station and getting back on". In the rain. I guess i lucked out though because the train i ended up on was the one that should have left at 6:05 not my normal one and the first one out of town at 5 something had to wait on the tracks for an hour and a half to get clear enough to move. I ended up a half hour late to work ad drenched. I had to buy new socks at work cause i just couldn't have wet feet all day...needless to say i came home after work, got a ride over to my LYS for a new set of needles, casted on my Whisper Cardigan then took a nap.
Thanks for listening, it's been a long day.

saracidaltendencies
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
:hug: That sounds like such a wonderful day! *please note sarcasm...lol*

auntcrafty
07-24-2009, 11:40 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you had a wonderful nap and knitting your cardigan helps you to feel better!

Vertigo1414
07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you had a wonderful nap and knitting your cardigan helps you to feel better!

Gloss Lace yarn makes everything better

auntcrafty
07-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Buying any new yarn or knitting tools, period, always makes me feel better.

:inlove:

Knitting_Guy
07-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Could have been worse, at least the LYS wasn't flooded. :)

auntcrafty
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Could have been worse, at least the LYS wasn't flooded. :)

:roflhard: Too true with all the rain New England has been getting!

margz3
07-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Ugh, I feel for you Candace! I thought at first you were going to talk about train noise! Years ago, we lived in Franklin and the friggin commuter rail parked in our backyard and ran ALL NIGHT LONG in the winter!

Ok, and to add to the rant - I HATE this new Charley Card system! Went to the Sox last night and took the T - what a PITA it is! Luckily we went w/DD, who goes to Northeastern and takes the Commuter rail and T all the time and knows how to use the friggin things!

melmac51
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Buying any new yarn or knitting tools, period, always makes me feel better.

:inlove:

me too.

Vertigo1414
07-28-2009, 06:01 PM
i go out to the city once in a while, my DBF lives in Saugus so we just hop on the Blue line in wonderland. i acutally just went to the city over my vacation a few weeks ago to go to a LYS, Windsor Button Co. great place.