PDA

View Full Version : Teapot doily

Louine
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I am looking for a pattern for this doily.....I don't know if it is free or in a book....I have searched but can't find the pattern---please help...

mwhite
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I am looking for a pattern for this doily.....I don't know if it is free or in a book....I have searched but can't find the pattern---please help...

I found one similar on THIS (http://www.myhq.com/public/s/t/stacy41040/) site. But it doesn't look as good as your photo but could possibly be the same pattern. Far right is a list of crochet links; the teapot is listed simply as "teapot". When you click on it, it'll take you to a photo. I'll keep searching for you!!!

Louine
08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks, I had found that one but it isn't exactly what I am looking for......I am still looking too....

mwhite
08-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I had found that one but it isn't exactly what I am looking for......I am still looking too....

Actually, I think they're the same pattern but the difference is probably one's interpretation that's made it look different. Know what I mean?

MMario
08-05-2009, 12:58 PM
The same concept in both cases,but not the same pattern - very different in the execution.

OffJumpsJack
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
:think:
Do you have a larger or more detailed photo? If I could see the stitches then I could write a pattern. Maybe you could too. Of course finding the time and having the patience to transcribe the pattern and test it is another matter. :roll:

(It would be for personal use only, not for sale, etc. and I don't know if doing so would violate copyright or not.)

Edit after a Google image search for "crochet teapot ornament"...

They are for sale at www.teapassion.com/crochet-doily.htm so that means I am not permitted to write a pattern from an image or a sample. Sorry.

mathwizard
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
The doily you are looking for is nice . If you don't want to pay the price for it I would do as Jack says.

mwhite
08-05-2009, 03:31 PM
It's very possible that the person/site selling it may have access to the pattern or designer....worth a try! People can be very cooperative sometimes....:mrgreen:

mathwizard
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I did find this pattern on Crochetville but the picture isn't active. Your picture shows what appears to be an ornament and this pattern is the same size so:
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42946

OffJumpsJack
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Mathwizard, good try but I can see it isn't the exact same pattern.

From the picture in the first post there are eight 'pedals' in the center of the teapot separated by spaces. The "pedals" appear to be like a 3 DC tog cluster.

The second round is 16 such pedals but they are grouped in 8 pairs at the bottom and separated at the top by what must be ch5* (or so) spaces.

The third round in the picture is likely 16 repeats of (ch 7*, SC in center of next chain space). But after the rnd 2 join you would slip stitch to center of next ch sps before rising chain 1 and beginning the repeats. Then finish rnd 3 with sl st into that rising ch 1.

After that it gets touchy with much more detail to stitch sizes (DC, Tr, or DTr) and in four sections in the next round: base, handle side, top, & spout side. Each having variations in the stitches used to lend shape before starch and blocking. It looks like handle and spout are done after the pot is completed and bound off.

The pattern you linked to has 8 repeats (though it is an error and should be 7 repeats for the final stitch count to work.)

Notes: Always start rounds of dc with ch3, counts as first dc.
To work dec: draw up loop in each of next 2 sts. YO, draw through all 3 loops.
To start:
Ch5, join with sl st in first ch to form circle.
Rnd 1: (Dc, ch1) 8 [sic] times in ring. Join to 3rd ch of beginning ch 4. (8dc, 8ch1 sps)
(Added emphasis is mine.)

The starting Ch 5 provides one chain to make the center, 3 chain riser (counts as 1st DC of round) and one more chain (space) then if round 1 is corrected to 7 repeats the total will be 8 DC & 8 sps as noted at end of round in parenthesis.

*Note: Unfortunately, I can't see enough detail to determine what sts are used, or the likely sps ch counts, etc.

Louine, I suggest you should be bold and give it a try. Experiment with the start of each round (based on what you've seen in linked patterns mentioned in this thread and the comments we've given) and see what looks good or best to you.

You will learn much by trial and error. And you can always come back here to KH and ask for suggestions or help if you get stuck in the teapot.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. We like picture and we like to celebrate others successes.

Louine
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I have worked on it most of the afternoon.....the spout is the hard part.....I think I have everything else figured out....I should have a picture in a few days......it might not be exact but I think it will be close enough....

Thanks for all the help everyone has given....

OffJumpsJack
08-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I have worked on it most of the afternoon.....the spout is the hard part.....I think I have everything else figured out....I should have a picture in a few days......it might not be exact but I think it will be close enough....

Thanks for all the help everyone has given....

Good to hear that you are nearly done. :yay: That spout does look like one of the more intricate pieces of the ornament. Good job getting so far in an afternoon. Good luck with the spout.

If it makes you happy, that is all that really matters. :) Isn't it?
:thumbsup:

Louine
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Here is mine......the "rounds" are copied exactly but my gauge is off....need smaller thread for the needle I used......most of the teapot is like the pattern except the spout....however, note that I purposely made a few changes so that I never had to end or start thread to make any of the teapot including handle, spout, lid and foot.

Louine
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Tried to edit and replace picture but could not figure out how to do that...so here is a better picture

OffJumpsJack
08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
You did a wonderful job! Great work and I like the spout better than the original picture.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Louine
08-07-2009, 06:40 PM
As I worked I tried to write down directions.....I found it very hard to do .......I find that I can notice patterns and realize what stitchers create what looks but I process it in my own mind and it is very difficult to write down.....guess that is why I follow patterns and not make them.....but it was fun to figure this one out....

mwhite
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM
You did a WONDERFUL job on it!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

merryknitter
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
That is absolutely beautiful! Are you going to share the pattern with us? I would love to make it for my friend who loves tea!
Thanks,
Merry :)

mathwizard
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I knew the pattern wasn't the same but I thought if she didn't want to try and make her own pattern she could try that one. BUT I see her teapot is lovely and she made her own pattern from the picture. Excellent!!!!!

OffJumpsJack
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
As I worked I tried to write down directions.....I found it very hard to do .......I find that I can notice patterns and realize what stitchers create what looks but I process it in my own mind and it is very difficult to write down.....guess that is why I follow patterns and not make them.....but it was fun to figure this one out....

Sometimes people post portions of patterns with questions but are unable to provide pictures. There are symbols for crochet stitches (http://www.grannys-garret.com/symbol_crochet/symbol_crochet.html#abbreviations) and they are apparently found in Japanese and Russian patterns. When there isn't a picture, I use the symbols to sketch the pattern from these written instructions. And I sometimes use them to transcribe a pattern from a sample before writing out the written directions.

I found a program called SymblCro.exe developed by New Hampshire Software, Inc. (link www.nhswinc.com ) It is for drawing and designing your own radial (in-the-round) patterns. There is also a Yahoo group about this software. It has been a long time since I participated in that group at ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/symbolcrochet/ ).

If you can sketch and draw, perhaps crochet symbols could help you write out your pattern(s).

mathwizard
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
The software program is excellent form what my crochet friends tell me BUT if you own a MacIntosh computer you are out of luck. It doesn't work with Mac and the creator of the program doesn't intend to make it compatible to the Mac as I was informed by her.

jennyfifi
08-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks for your sharing. Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 (http://sonneriegratuite.org/) - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Ętes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 (http://sonneriegratuite.org/)