PDA

View Full Version : Is this appreciation, or what??!!

ArtLady1981
08-07-2009, 05:09 PM
If this isn't BOWL APPRECIATION...I don't know what is!

Does this guy love his food and his bowl, or what??!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3789329999_640779e4d2.jpg

On our mountain property! It had been too hot for him to eat much for a few days. He is catching up on his calories! He laid himself down to eat in comfort! What a dork! :teehee:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3789327517_20abe6b8f5.jpg

Jan in CA
08-07-2009, 06:54 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

knitasha
08-07-2009, 07:12 PM
He looks like me the day after my colonoscopy was finished. I was eating everything in sight.

maniago
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
What a goofy boy! He's a beauty

mks22300
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
You have the most comical dogs! :teehee:

knitgal
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
These pictures make me want a dog more than I already do!

Debkcs
08-08-2009, 03:27 AM
I think he's fabulous! What a happy, beautiful boy he is.

BTW, don't you just LOVE this cool down we're having?

saracidaltendencies
08-08-2009, 12:46 PM
:roflhard::roflhard: Our Mastiff does the same thing with her water bowl! Like she's too lazy to actually sit while she's drinking, she just has to lie down...LOL!

He's just beautiful!

ArtLady1981
08-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I think he's fabulous! What a happy, beautiful boy he is.

BTW, don't you just LOVE this cool down we're having?

I SURE DO!!!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

ArtLady1981
08-08-2009, 03:22 PM
:roflhard::roflhard: Our Mastiff does the same thing with her water bowl! Like she's too lazy to actually sit while she's drinking, she just has to lie down...LOL!

He's just beautiful!

Doesn't Charlie look like he's absolutely HUGGING his chow bowl? I'd love to see your Mastiff hugging her water bowl! What a hoot!

We used to have a Mastiff, HOGAN. He only lived to be 5. He died of congestive heart failure. So sad. It affected his kidneys. Renal failure. They shut down and he died. We were so shocked. We had no warning other than he got wobbly and seizure-ish his last month. He had lost weight. Didn't want to eat anyting except pancakes with lots of butter and syrup, hand fed, his favorite treat in the world! A blood test at the vet told us the bad news.

Anyways....we didn't let him suffer. We let him go.
The breeder told us that Mastiff's are very gallant fellows, and they try so hard to 'show no pain'. She said we couldn't allow him to continue to put up a 'brave face'. She said he's prolly been suffering for a long time, trying hard to 'buck up' and be the Hogan we needed! :cry:

bailsmom
08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Man I love your puppy pictures! Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

melmac51
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
He's adorable! Makes me want to hug him...and your captions are priceless too!

saracidaltendencies
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Doesn't Charlie look like he's absolutely HUGGING his chow bowl? I'd love to see your Mastiff hugging her water bowl! What a hoot!

We used to have a Mastiff, HOGAN. He only lived to be 5. He died of congestive heart failure. So sad. It affected his kidneys. Renal failure. They shut down and he died. We were so shocked. We had no warning other than he got wobbly and seizure-ish his last month. He had lost weight. Didn't want to eat anyting except pancakes with lots of butter and syrup, hand fed, his favorite treat in the world! A blood test at the vet told us the bad news.

Anyways....we didn't let him suffer. We let him go.
The breeder told us that Mastiff's are very gallant fellows, and they try so hard to 'show no pain'. She said we couldn't allow him to continue to put up a 'brave face'. She said he's prolly been suffering for a long time, trying hard to 'buck up' and be the Hogan we needed! :cry:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Hogan! :hug: That's one thing that does scare me with having Lucy, I know the bigger dogs run a higher risk of having problems, and, their life expectancy usually isn't as long as the smaller dogs. I am dreading the day. At least, in the time we have them, they are loved so deeply and have wonderful, happy homes.

I'll have to try to get a recent pic of Lucy with her water bowl...She doesn't wrap her paws around it as much anymore because we had to put a large Tupperware container lid under the bowl because when she drinks, it's SLOPPY as can be (as I'm sure you know...lol)! Since her mouth is so flappy, she has a constant stream of water that flows out of her mouth as she drinks and it was actually causing the water to leak through the floor into the basement! So we had to put something under the bowl to stop the water from leaking through the floor.

Doodknitwit
08-11-2009, 09:14 AM
too funny:roflhard:

true our mastiffs are the same way with pain.. one tore her acl & other than limping she did not make it known. understand that is a painful injury..

Ingrid
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Charlie's just using his jowls to clean the bowl after eating. :teehee: We used to have Saints--I remember. . . . .

What lineage is he? Sanctuary Woods, High Chateau?

ArtLady1981
08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Charlie's just using his jowls to clean the bowl after eating. :teehee: We used to have Saints--I remember. . . . .

What lineage is he? Sanctuary Woods, High Chateau?

Cashmere Saint Bernard Kennels!

We purchased Charlie from a family in Snohomish...they have 3 adults...two breeding females and one stud. Lily and Ruby had litters of 11 and 12 within 2 weeks of one another! Twenty-three Saint Bernard puppies all racing towards us in their yard! What a sight! Anyway, we never did get papers for Charlie. The lady had AKC problems. However, we saw Lily's papers (Charlie's mother) and she is out of the Cashmere Saint Bernard Kennels.

Harley, our Saint who died Oct 2007, was purchased directly from Cashmere Saint Bernard Kennels!

And now I know what I loved about Charlie's face! It is so similar to Harley's!

And on top of it...I name him almost the same.
Charlie...Harley! shees.

Here's old Harley. Such a pretty boy!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2501/3820580402_0702dfe06d.jpg

Here's Charlie!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2458/3819776721_ca3ab5179e.jpg

Here's old Harley, with the two hounds piled into his house for naps!
Such a patient boy!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2643/3819776519_d52d945867.jpg

Now, here's Charlie! The toy thief! This stuffed animal IS NOT his toy! It belongs to Katie! But he loves to rip 'em up in 10 seconds or less!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2535/3820581136_a779d7d43e.jpg

Here's Charlie...waiting to sneak in! This is how he gets Katie's toys! The sliding door is open just 12" behind the curtain so that Katie (the Shih Tzu) can go in and out in the summer! So he sticks his big ole head in!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2492/3819786113_94937b5c10.jpg
"Yeah, Charlie! I am still sitting here knitting, and yes...I see you,
so back off Big Boy!"

lelvsdgs
08-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I love the picture of him with the hounds on top sleeping away in the dog house. Priceless.../

maniago
08-16-2009, 09:10 AM
too funny:roflhard:

true our mastiffs are the same way with pain.. one tore her acl & other than limping she did not make it known. understand that is a painful injury..
Boxers are NOT this way at all. George got a bee sting on his paw and limped for two days, it was swollen but......Jeeez. He wouldn't even put it down when laying unless he had a pillow:teehee:

I love the one behind the curtain.

melmac51
08-17-2009, 03:46 PM
funny pics of Charley...and Harley looks like he was a sweetheart.

saracidaltendencies
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
:roflhard::roflhard: That big 'ol head peekin' in from behind the curtain is HILARIOUS!! Such beautiful dogs!

vaknitter
08-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Your dogs are awesome and I love the one of all 3 piled into the dog house. However, what I would like to know is how you have outdoor dogs that always looks so clean in their pictures ? Seriously, my dogs live in the house, and go out in the yard to play for 2 min and come back covered in something ! Daisy went out to pee at 0730 Sunday morning and came back with cat @*&#!% smooshed all down one side of her face, neck, and shoulder. Woke the hubby up and gave him the choice of going and getting me coffee and the screws he needed to fix my elliptical or giving the dog a bath ... MMMM love my Dunkin Donuts delivered and logged some time on my elliptical last night :teehee:

ArtLady1981
08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Ya know...I don't know how their white stays white! The Saint Bernard can, of course, get dirty front forearms...from laying his drooly jowls on his arms...then getting dust on the drool on his arms! I have to hose off his forearms all the time in summer!

The hounds roll in the dusty dry dirt up on Nighthawk Summit all the time...but when they get up and SHAKE...it all blows away in the breeze!

Katie...the little Shih Tzu...comes home from the mountains looking grey and black, instead of white and black. Everytime I take a shower, I put in the plug, let the bathtub fill up...and then I toss her in the water after I'm done! Then she gets a fresh clean rinse! She looks like a black-and-white ball of fluff when she dries! But oh my...can she ever get grey lookin' from the mountain vacations!!!

Luvmyrottnboy
08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I LOVE your dogs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

:cheering: