PDA

View Full Version : SO Happy!! *UPDATE*

saracidaltendencies
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM
My hubby got another job!! This will be a second job for him, but, he is now officially a teacher!! I'm so proud of him and happy for all of us that FINALLY, it seems the worst of our financial problems will be behind us! :woot: He will be teaching a web design class in the evening starting September!! :cheering:

Knitting_Guy
08-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Cool!

I used to be a teacher myself. I hope he finds it very satisfying.

I'm very happy for you both.

Jan in CA
08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Congratulations! :yay:

I didn't know you were a teacher, Mason? What did you teach?

Knitting_Guy
08-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Congratulations! :yay:

I didn't know you were a teacher, Mason? What did you teach?

It was years ago, but I taught a High School electronics/physics program and applied mathematics. 11th and 12th grades. I also taught a few adult ed classes such as Intro to DOS (gives you an idea of how long ago :rofl:) and Intro to Lotus.

bambi
08-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Demonica, congrats on your DH's job!

Bambi

Jan in CA
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
It was years ago, but I taught a High School electronics/physics program and applied mathematics. 11th and 12th grades. I also taught a few adult ed classes such as Intro to DOS (gives you an idea of how long ago :rofl:) and Intro to Lotus.

Wow, that's neat! Guess you got sick of working with teenagers? Gee..can't imagine why? :teehee:

auburnchick
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Congrats to your husband!!!!

auntcrafty
08-15-2009, 09:49 PM
:cheering: :woohoo: :woot: :happydance: :yay:

So happy for you!

lelvsdgs
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
That is really wonderful! And so glad that he is getting to do something he loves. As they say, it's a foot in the door! :woohoo: :happydance: :woohoo:

Sunshine's Mom
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah!! Congratulations to hubby and you (behind every great man....)! :cheering:

vaknitter
08-17-2009, 10:38 AM
:woohoo: :woot: :cheering: :yay: :happydance: Congrats !

Jeremy
08-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!

melmac51
08-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Congratulations and kudos to you both! :muah: What will he be teaching?

cacunn
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear that he is doing something he likes.

evona
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Congratulations :cheering: :cheering: So happy to hear that things are looking up. :)

saracidaltendencies
08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Congratulations and kudos to you both! :muah: What will he be teaching?

He'll be teaching a web design class...at the school he is attending...lol...He doesn't actually graduate until next week but he'll have his degree when he starts teaching, next quarter. So, he'll have a week off from school after graduation then go back to teach! LOL!

margz3
08-18-2009, 09:49 AM
:yay: Congratulations and best of luck to your DH!!

jdee
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
:cheering: Good for him. I'm so happy for you both.:muah:

mks22300
08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
That's awesome, congratulations!!

saracidaltendencies
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Hubby was assigned a second class to teach!! :woot: And, of course, the more classes he teaches, the higher the pay, we're so excited!!! I swear, after all we have gone through (like most everyone else) it's such a relief to know, at least for this up and coming quarter, we'll be ok...And we'll FINALLY be able to do decent grocery shopping again! No more having to try to feed a family of 4 for 2 weeks on $70!!! Or at least not for a while...lol

Ronda
08-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Good news! Congratulations!

jdee
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
This is wonderful news! Congratulations to you both. :muah:

vaknitter
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
And we'll FINALLY be able to do decent grocery shopping again! No more having to try to feed a family of 4 for 2 weeks on $70!!!

Holy smokes - you are an amazing woman ! What's your secret?
Congrats to the hubby on the 2nd class. We have friends in a similar situation and my hubby is in a research/grant dependent position so I fully understand your joy. Hopefully it's uphill for your family from here on out.

Debkcs
08-22-2009, 05:20 AM
No more having to try to feed a family of 4 for 2 weeks on $70!!!

I did that also, in 1980! My goodness, you must truly be frugal.

Hope he likes teaching . . . and that he gets all the classes he needs.

Gertie
08-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Yay!! Good for you both!!

Oh yeah. I remember those days of counting pennies to get a gallon of milk. Writing the prices on my shopping list to make sure I didn't overrun my funds.

Even now that DH isn't working full time God's providing our needs.

Hope he enjoys his classes.

ladyjessica
08-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Congratulations to your husband on his classes and his degree, and to you, too, for being such a savvy shopper! I'm glad things are starting to look up for you. :)

saracidaltendencies
08-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Holy smokes - you are an amazing woman ! What's your secret?

Aldi and monotony...LOL! We ate a TON of spaghetti, and I had to get creative...Instead of bean burritos, I'd make rice burritos...Get a big bag of rice that would last a few weeks and some cheap burrito shells...I had a stock pile of taco seasoning from the taco dinner kits we used to buy as well...lol...I added taco seasoning, green and red pepper, and onions to the rice as I cooked it, then once everything was cooked, fill the burritos with the rice and top them with a bit of salsa and shredded cheese...They were good and filling! We ate a lot of those too...lol...And, pasta salad! A pound of pasta salad would last a couple days so we'd eat that one night, eat something else the next, then pasta salad again...lol...There was also the macaroni and cheese I'd make with the elbow macaroni and velveeta cheese that would last a few days...Man, I am so glad we can move on from those days! I can't believe I don't totally dislike pasta by now :teehee:

Sunshine's Mom
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Gee, I don't care how much or how little money you have - - those rice burritos sound yummy!

melmac51
08-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Hubby was assigned a second class to teach!! :woot: And, of course, the more classes he teaches, the higher the pay, we're so excited!!! I swear, after all we have gone through (like most everyone else) it's such a relief to know, at least for this up and coming quarter, we'll be ok...And we'll FINALLY be able to do decent grocery shopping again! No more having to try to feed a family of 4 for 2 weeks on $70!!! Or at least not for a while...lol

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

(been there, done that) That's great news!!!

auburnchick
08-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Congrats to the increased amount of pay! It's always nice to know you aren't going to be so stressed when bill-paying rolls around each month.

I admire your ability to spend $70 every two weeks. When my children were young, I had a budget of $80 for two weeks. My friends thought I was nuts, but I made it work.

One thing I started doing this summer is couponing...heavily.

Last week, I saved over $92. I only spent $25.

Since June 30, I've saved over $1,100. I only shop sales and refuse to buy most things if I can't save at least 60% or more on it.

My kids - teenagers -- eat a lot of food, and for the first time ever, they are content when they open the fridge or pantry. We actually have stuff for them to choose from, and I'm only spending a fraction of what I spent before.

If you want more tips, let me know. I've been blogging about my adventures. This is not a plug for my blog...y'all know me better than that. It's just so much easier to scan the stuff I've been posting about.

It's incredible what you can do when push comes to shove.

Again, congrats on your husband picking up the second class. :hug:

saracidaltendencies
08-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I do have a question for ya...I don't get many coupons since I don't have a newspaper subscription so what's the best place to find truly useful coupons? I get our local paper (they deliver it free, whether you want it or not...lol) and some coupons in the mail, but all those coupons are for stuff I'll never use! And, the majority of them aren't even food coupons! Also, we're vegetarians so coupons for meat items are useless as well...lol...Are there any websites that are really good for coupons?

auburnchick
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I do have a question for ya...I don't get many coupons since I don't have a newspaper subscription so what's the best place to find truly useful coupons? I get our local paper (they deliver it free, whether you want it or not...lol) and some coupons in the mail, but all those coupons are for stuff I'll never use! And, the majority of them aren't even food coupons! Also, we're vegetarians so coupons for meat items are useless as well...lol...Are there any websites that are really good for coupons?

I started a new thread for this...it's too good of a topic not to. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM

Ya might want to scan some of the veg/vegan sites as they often post coupon info for non-meat groceries. While I'm not strictly veg that's the way I eat most of the time.

Sewing Angel
08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I am so glad to hear the good news! Persistence pays off!