PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for The.Knitter

auburnchick
08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi all! I just found out that our friend The.Knitter was in a horse-riding accident two days ago. The horse became spooked and fell on her twice. She sustained serious injuries and is in the hospital. I have no further information beyond this.

Please, if you will, take a moment to say a prayer for her.

Thank you.

:hug:

bambi
08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll pray for her. Please update us as information becomes available!

Bambi

WolfWalker
08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll definitely hold The.Knitter in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Debra

Jan in CA
08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Give her my best wishes for a full recovery!

saracidaltendencies
08-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery! :hug:

Doublereeder2
08-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Prayers and healthy healing thoughts to her....

Debkcs
08-18-2009, 02:24 AM
My prayers added, do let her know that we're thinking of her.

cacunn
08-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Word is that she has been moved out of critical care in to a regular room. She is in considerable pain as can be imagined.

Nobones
08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
On August 15th Christine and Frank Murphy went horseback riding. There was an Artist carrying a canvas painting walking through the trails where he shouldn't have been. He spooked Christine's horse and she was thrown off. The horse then lost his footing and fell onto Christine. Then the hose tried to get up, lost his footing again, and landed on her a second time. She was taken by ambulance to Owen Sound Hospital where she was assesed and it was determined she needed to be transfered by Air Ambulance (helicopter) to Victoria Hospital, which is the number one Trauma Centre for Grey/Bruce county. She is currently in the Critical Care Trauma Unit with 4 broken ribs, 4 broken vertabrae , and her pelvis is broken in 2 places with multiple small fractures on both sides, and her Fibular head is fractured.She also has a lot of soft tissue and muscle damage. They are still trying to determine the best course of action in how best to deal with her injuries. Please send Christine some reassuring and positive thoughts, and Frank and I will be sure to read them to her everyday to cheer her up. Thank you so much, Tanya and Frank!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=118785147086

margz3
08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh, what a horrible accident! The poor thing :( She will definitely be in my prayers!

auburnchick
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
If you would like to send her a card, please send me a PM. I'll send you the address.

scout52
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
She is in my thoughts.

MoniDew
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
wow! that is an incredible amount of broken bones and serious injuries! My heart goes out to her, and I will be praying for a COMPLETE recovery with NO LOSS of sensation or movement of any part! :pray: :pray: :pray:

evona
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
What an awful accident! I am definitely sending out positive thoughts for a speedy and amazing recovery :hug:

jdee
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh my goodness. I'll keep her in my prayers.

lynnlisiewski
08-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Are you talking about Judy from the knitter .com

dustinac
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
No this is Christine but she goes by The.Knitter on most knitting forums :hug:

:hug::heart::hug:

melmac51
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
On my prayer list. Keep us posted.

mks22300
08-19-2009, 07:57 PM
She will be in my thoughts :hug:

auburnchick
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
This is part of the update that Christine's daughter posted on Facebook yesterday:

...Mom was sitting up in a wheelchair. She was able to sit there for 1 hour and 15 minutes. She has been stabilized for the most part (still some issues with her blood pressure and oxygen levels), and is looking much better.

MoniDew
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
continuing to pray for her, and have posted this as a prayer request on my own FaceBook page as most of my friends are Christians - and therefore, prayers!

mhansen
08-20-2009, 11:10 AM
The.Knitter is in my thoughts and prayers.

knitpurlgurl
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I will say prayers for her.

KnittingNat
08-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm certainly sending her some positive vibes and she's in my thoughts!

Ronda
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm praying for her.

auburnchick
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Another update...

UPDATE! (Aug 20) My Mom walked 14 steps today! The physio people put her on the parallel bars and had her walk to her reflection in the mirror. She did really well. Even the physio people were amazed with her progress. She still can't lift the right leg up on her own, but man is that left leg looking good! I read her everyones messages today. She was so happy to hear from you all! She told me that she was going to show you all just how determined she was to "Get outta this damned place" (in true Christine fashion)! Please keep them coming as the seem to motivate her! Thank you so much

WolfWalker
08-21-2009, 11:51 PM
This is indeed wonderful news! I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing so much better! Still holding her in my thoughts and prayers.

Debra in NC

bambi
08-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Still praying! Thanks for the update.

Bambi

Knitting_Guy
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I am truly sorry to read about this horrible accident but am happy that she is making progress. She's in my thoughts.

ladyjessica
08-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear about this, but glad The.Knitter is improving. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

cacunn
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Christine
I just got back from some shopping and my two cats came running in. They were both excited; they had been on Furry Faced Book (the social network for pets). They had checked Boots' page (they heard we were knitting friends and looked up Boots some time ago). Shadow (the lady) said that Boots' had posted about your accident and how much he missed you. Socks (Shadows brother) said the Boots had posted that you are getting better and that made him very, very happy.

Both Shadow and Socks wanted to do something to cheer you up, Shadow suggested a mouse, but I told her that it would be hard to get the mouse through customs. Then Socks went and got a couple of cat treats he was saving and offered them. I thanked both Shadows and Socks for the gift and said I would send it along to you.

They ran off to get on Furry Faced Book to tell Boots that they had sent you a present.

I will send the treats along once you get a little better, but I wanted you to know about them if Boots asks.

Get well, get back to knitting and get back on line.

Debkcs
08-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Any updates on Christine?

cacunn
08-29-2009, 09:31 PM
This was posted on Any Sock KAL II

UPDATE!(Aug 26) Mom is doing ok. She got rid of the roommate that ws keeping her up at nighttime, and with the help of a sleeping aid was able to get 6 hours of sleep last night! To keep the happy news coming, they may have figured out the right combination for her pain meds. They are adjusted everyday, but yesterday her Pain Dr. said they finally had it right! YAY! The anitibiotic they are giving her for the pnueomonia in the right lung seems to be working and there is no more crackle. It seems to be good news all around! Mom still enjoys hearing the messages. It pleases her to know that so many people are pulling for her to recover quickly. Thank you so very much to each and every one of you who have joined this group, left a message, sent a card, or sent well wishes. They really do mean so much to Mom, Frank and I! With Love, Frank and Tanya

bambi
08-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Our continued prayers!

cindycactus
08-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I have been following this thread and praying for Christine. So glad she is doing better. Sending more prayers for her complete recovery. Miss seeing her posts here. :hug::pray:

Sewing Angel
08-30-2009, 10:04 AM
I am glad she is doing better. It can be tedious getting all of the meds right, but it sounds like she's on the right track now. I will be thinking of you all and praying for you all.
Angel

cacunn
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
UPDATE! (Aug 29) Mom didn't have a great day today. She was very up and down. The Dr is still keeping her very medicated, and she still isn't making much sense. Mom is still having issues with her oxygen levels and blood pressures. Both of them are still too low to let her off the oxygen and I.V. On a plus note, they did some mild rehab with her today, and she was able to stand using the coolest walker I have ever seen, and lift one foot off the floor ever so slightly. What a tremendous accomplishment! Even the Therapist had tears in her eyes! I re-read Mom ALL the messages on this group's wall. Some of them brought us to tears. Please send more messages, as they seem to really brighten her day. If I can bring her happiness, I will do it! You write them and I'll read them! Much love, Frank and Tanya

UPDATE (Aug 31) Mom had a really good day today. When I got there she was taken off of the oxygen, and was able to keep it off for the day. As long as she remembers to stop, breathe in through her nose and out through her mouth she does fine. That's a little bit more tricky to do when she's doing her physio though. During Mom's physio today she took 9 STEPS! It's a good thing I was behind her, because I cried like an idiot. I'm so proud of all her accomplishments, no matter how small they seem to her. She never says no when they ask her to do something. If she does something wrong, she wants to know why it's wrong and how to fix it. She is very determined that she will get out of the Hospital before they believe she will. I would like to thank everyone for all the positive messages and cards. They really have meant the world to Mom. I read them to her on a daily basis, and it gives her the motivation to carry on (especially on a hard day)! A special thanks goes out to Carolyn A. who created a wonderful photo album espcially for Mom. I can't wait to show it to her. I know she'll love it. With Much Love, Frank and Tanya

cacunn
09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Christine Murphy September 4 at 6:22pm Reply
I can't believe all the members! I can't believe all the beautiful comments, and love pouring out onto the pages. I think when I'm better I'll have a party and we'll get everybody together. Thank you to each and every one of you for the prayers, for the good wishes, for the support, and for helping Tanya through a hard time.

I will be thrilled to give you the update today! Today I walked ten metres, sat up in a wheelchair for 3 hours, and I did physio! The Physiotherapist said I did really well. I went out in the sunshine, and it felt great. Up until we got attacked by a killer hornet that was very determined to get Tanya. He must have liked her new top.

Through situations like this a person finds out just who truly matters most to them, and who they can count on in life, and who is truly a friend. I am amazed by the amount of friends who put out their hands to help Tanya during this difficult time, and have put our their hands to lift me up through all of this. I will never forget those of you who have shown us love and support.

Hugs (albeit gentle ones),
Christine

cacunn
09-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Posted by a member of Any Sock KAL 2

" I spoke with Christine again today and she sounded so much better. She really wants to be out of the hospital but knows it will be a long time yet. A lot of therapy ahead."

Debkcs
09-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Christine, you sound go good. I know how hard PT is, keep up the good work!

melmac51
09-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Continued prayers for you and your family. Hang in there.

vaknitter
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Have followed this thread without posting.
Christine - your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will get better everyday with physical therapy. There will still be hard days, but you'll be back knitting before you know it. Maybe you can make that an occupational therapy goal and knit while in the hosp !

Get better and try to stay away from the bees...

Crycket
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
*hugs*

bambi
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Christine, it may seem like it is taking a long time for therapy but remember that we are all still praying for you. We are all glad that you are OK. :happydance:

Sewing Angel
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Christine, I am glad you are progressing so well with therapy! What a treat to go outside. Something we all take for granted. Wishing you lots of good days.
Angel

cacunn
09-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Sue-in-Canada posted this over at Any Sock KAL 2

"I spoke briefly to Christine again yesterday. She is probably being moved to the rehab hospital today."

cacunn
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
UPDATE (Sept 10) I apologize for not updating for awhile. Mom has been having some very down days. What she is gowing through is very life altering, and she has to come to terms with the severity of her condition and how it will affect the rest of her life!
I propose a challenge. I challege all of her 'fan club' to write on the wall one positive and uplifting thought for Mom to make her feel better. Let's see how many we can get. With Love, Frank and Tanya

Lets take Tanya up on her challenge. I'll check this board and transfer your comments over to Christine's face book wall.

Debkcs
09-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Christine, from the reports we're getting on you, it seems that you are working really hard, and making daily improvement. Good on you!

I worked in a rehab hospital like the one you are in, and all I can say is that they have to push you to get you out of there.

We'll continue praying for you . . . that you get stronger every day ,so you can be with your family soon.

cindycactus
09-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Christine, hang in there. I know it is very hard work but you will make it. Sending healing prayers your way and thinking of you. :hug:

cacunn
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
UPDATE (Sept 18) Hello everyone! Mom's fever has broken, and her blood pressure is doing slightly better today. When I went to see her, she sat up in a wheelchair for almost 3 hours!!! She did 2 rounds of physio, and tons of wheeling around in her awesome wheelchair. Right now she is not allowed to walk unless there is a nurse/physiotherapist with her. She seemed to be in good spirits today. She received some cards and a lovely gift. She really gets a kick out of the cards. She reads them over and over again. Also, Mom has graduated from the Mobile Stander to a walker. She seems to be having an easier time getting up from the bed to the wheelchair or walker. I'm very please with her progress this week. Even though she felt under the weather, due to the blood pressure and fevers, she persevered and kept walking through it. I couldn't be prouder of her. With Love, Frank and Tanya

Jeremy
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Hang in there Christine, we are praying for you and think about you every day.:hug:

melmac51
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
:hug: :hug: Hugs to you Christine. Hope you feel better soon!

luvmykid28
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."

I just found this thread and wanted to let you know that I will say prayers for you and your family. Your stregnth is amazing. All my best.

wies
09-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I certainly will say a prayer for your friend. It sounds indeed very serious.
Please keep us posted. Wies

blueygh2
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
That is hard luck indeed.

The.Knitter will be in my prayers.

cindycactus
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Christine you are one tough cookie! So proud of you and I will continue to pray for your complete recovery. :pray: