PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Stitch. Help!

mommycakes
09-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I am going to make the Cashmere Baby Leg Warmers from "101 Small Indulgences. Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders" and it calls for the Meadow Stitch which goes, in part, as follows....K3TOG and leave on needle, knit the first stitch again and drop from needle, knit the second and third stitches together and drop from needle.."
I have figured out alot of stitches on my own but this one stumps me. When they say k3tog and leave on needle they mean leave it on the left needle, right? But when it says "knit the first stitch again" do they mean the one the we just left on the needle (from the k3tog)? AND when they say "drop from needle" what does that mean? I must have seen "drop from needle" in other instructions but for the life of me I don't know what that means. Drop from needle - to where?

Thanks for any help.

globaltraveler
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
If it's this one here (http://www.etsy.com/storque/media/bunker/2008/12/HowTo-KnitBabyLegWarmer.pdf), it sounds to me like:

K3 stitches together, leaving all 3 stitches on left hand needle with the newly made stitch on the right hand needle. K into the first stitch of the 3 stitches, with the newly made stitch on the right hand needle, and then pull that first stitch off the left hand needle. K2tog the 2nd and 3rd stitches of the group of three, with the newly made stitch on the right hand needle, and pull the K2tog off the left hand needle. This makes a small cluster of 3 stitches with one stitch that stretches across -- keep them in the same order. When you come back around on the next row, when you knit those three stitches, you'll see the meadow stitch more completely.

mommycakes
09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, you found the pattern I was talking about. Thanks. Your instructions make way more sense to me - the true test will be when I try to do it myself.

Thank you so much for the answer.

Jennifer