PDA

View Full Version : Great find in an old Peplum Sweater pattern

pursesbybarb4u
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to the group, and I don't know everyone yet, so I hope I get into the swing of things.

I wanted to share that I started knitting a pullover sweater I found in a 1989 magazine that I was about to toss in the trash when cleaning out my garage. I almost fell on the floor when I flipped through and saw this sweater. I don't remember ever seeing it before so I guess I bought the magazine for some other project way back when??? It's so gorgeous! It is quite a daring project, but I am determined to do it. Maybe all of you can give me some cheering on. So far I have started it about 12 times and frogged it 11 times! It starts at the very back lowest point of a peplum waist so you only have to cast on 11 stitches in the beginning. Now I have about 30 rows done and it's finally starting to feel like I MIGHT be able to do this. The peplum and the front "bib" type of neckline will be the hardest as will the bottom of the sleeves. The rest is basically a rib stitch and I know I can handle that. The copyright might have expired by now (but I don't know all the laws on that) so if anyone is interested in giving it a try I would be willing to share the pattern. It might help if more than one person is working on it at a time. Then we can lend each other support or find any possible errors. (so far I haven't found any). Here's the picture. Happy knitting!
(I hope I uploaded the photo correctly!)
Barb P.

pinksugar
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
wow, that's quite unlike any pattern I've seen before.

I can't wait to see how your version turns out. Did you choose the same colour? or different?

Arielluria
09-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Barb, welcome! You'll love KH! :hug:

I've never seen anything like it, very pretty & Victorian. Remember to come back and share the pictures when you're done!
:flirt:

pursesbybarb4u
09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes, I am using the same color, but only because I already had some yarn. It calls for a yarn that is no longer available -- big surprise! I swatched it and it works with sport weight baby yarn. It takes 16 50-gram or 135 yard skeins. I plan to purchase some new yarn if I feel like I am going to be able to complete it. If I get past the peplum and into the body of the sweater then I'll stop and start over with some soft yummy yarn.

Barb P.

blessedtosew
09-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I really love that. I can't wait to see your FO.

wezyus
09-18-2009, 12:50 AM
yea, mee 2 cant wait to c it ...gud lucks

Debkcs
09-20-2009, 03:39 AM
That's very nice, good luck and be sure to take pictures.

WandaT
09-20-2009, 09:08 AM
That is going to be a stunning sweater!! Looking forward to seeing yours!

ArtLady1981
09-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Oh how feminine and vintage it is! Just lovely!

melmac51
09-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum! The sweater is really pretty.

BevStayart
09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Definitely has a Victorian look and is quite pretty. Good luck and I'm glad you didn't throw out this pattern by mistake!