PDA

View Full Version : Fingers and toes crossed please

vaknitter
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Our house has been on the market since May with very little activity...found a house I want and a contractor to help restore it but alas need to sell my house first and it has a showing for tomorrow evening. My mother keeps tell me that it only takes one person to see it and make an offer and that it will happen when I reach that point that I can't stand it anymore and when I've found the new house I'm meant to have....fingers and toes crossed please !!!

saracidaltendencies
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Crossed FingersCrossed Fingers I hope it all works out for you and quickly!

Sunshine's Mom
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Okay, not that I'm very religious, but go to your local store that sells religious objects and ask them for a little statute of the saint that helps you sell your house. They'll know what you're talking about. (Someone out there, help me out please, I can't remember the name of the Saint). You're supposed to bury it in the front yard of the house that you want to sell and it'll sell.

I know my parents did it and it worked. They had their house on the market for almost a year with great frustration to sell. They buried the Saint and within a month they had a contract for sale.

Good luck! I hope you get your dream house.

bambi
09-29-2009, 09:53 AM
The saint is St. Joseph. My mom did that, too but I don't remember if they got a contract soon after burying him or not.

Best of luck with selling your house! Maybe if your house isn't selling, your dream house will not sell before yours, either.

cftwo
09-29-2009, 09:54 AM
It's a St. Joseph statue. The traditions on how to bury it (face down, facing toward the house, near the front door, somewhere in the yard, etc.) vary from community to community, but I've heard a lot of people say it has worked for them.

I buried one when I sold my house and it was on the market for 6 months - but I was also trying to sell a house last year when the market was in free fall and no one was getting mortages, let alone buying.

vaknitter
09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I had completely forgotton about the St Joseph thing ! I was on the hunt for one when we first listed the house and we had a couple of showings right off the bat and completely forgot abuot it. No time to do it tonight before it is shown so maybe I can do it tomorrow night.

melmac51
09-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Okay, not that I'm very religious, but go to your local store that sells religious objects and ask them for a little statute of the saint that helps you sell your house. They'll know what you're talking about. (Someone out there, help me out please, I can't remember the name of the Saint). You're supposed to bury it in the front yard of the house that you want to sell and it'll sell.

I know my parents did it and it worked. They had their house on the market for almost a year with great frustration to sell. They buried the Saint and within a month they had a contract for sale.

Good luck! I hope you get your dream house.

I think you have to dig him back up once the house is sold, and keep him (after washing, of course) in a prominent place in your home. :thumbsup:

vaknitter
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
realtor says they "love the house" and wanted to know if we have high speed/cable so that they could work from home as there job allows. The hubby wired the house "wirelessly" for everything known to man - I imagine we glow from outer space. Keeping fingers crossed :woot:

bambi
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the update! FIngers crossed!

pinksugar
10-01-2009, 04:32 AM
all digits are crossed for you! good luck!

margz3
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Sounds positive!! Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers

GinnyG
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Crossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed Fingers

mks22300
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Good luck!

lelvsdgs
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers

vaknitter
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
AAUUGGGHHHH They've decided they're not really sure if they want to buy a house or not !!! On the up side the contractor we had walk through the "new" house loves it and thinks we would be able to afford the renovations I want. Of course, all that means nothing if I can't sell this house.

bambi
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
:passedout:
Better vibes for next time!