PDA

View Full Version : One of those questions

LolaRoo
10-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi! I have one of those questions where you feel silly to ask it but here it goes...I am a new knitter and I am knitting...well trying to knit a sweater for my dog and the instructions say "work stitches as established across row" does that mean knit the knits and purl the purls? :aww:

Thank you so much for the help!!!

mathwizard
10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes, that is exactly what it means.

Spokaloo
10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
NOT SO FAST!! Unless I'm missing something, that is NOT necessarily what it means! To me it would mean to continue in the stitch pattern you have created. Now if your stitch pattern is ribbing or stockinette stitch, then yes, you would go ahead and knit the knits and purl the purls. But if you're doing a seed stitch, you would do the opposite -- knit the purls and purl the knits! And a moss stitch does 2 rows one way and the next 2 the other! So it all depends on what stitch pattern you are doing.

Now, chances are that since you're a new knitter, your pattern is probably simple, so you might need to simply knit the knits and purl the purls, but you need to refer to your pattern to be sure!

So refer back to your pattern and check it out. And if you're still not sure, come on back and someone here will be able to help!

Good Luck!

ArtLady1981
10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
In pattern 'as established' means to keep on doing what was set forth as 'pattern'. (That could even include eyelets in the row...worked by K2T, YO!) Whatever 'pattern' has been established is what you keep on doin'! :thumbsup: