PDA

View Full Version : Red, huh?

globaltraveler
10-08-2009, 11:43 PM
I kinda like it. But I'm suspicious because the KP Deck the Halls banner started showing up at the same time. :)

gamerchik
10-08-2009, 11:50 PM
LOL! It's quite festive!

Crycket
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I think I am blind...what is red?

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 12:10 AM
The default color theme for the background of KH pages. I didn't see it because I have mine set to blue. Purple was the previous default.

Jan in CA
10-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Oh, I didn't know what the heck you were talking about either. I had mine set to purple or blue or whatever, but now it's red. There were always 4 colors though so what's the red in place of?

ETA: the red won't stay, it always reverts to purple/blue.:??

MAmaDawn
10-09-2009, 07:18 AM
I love it! :heart:

Crycket
10-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah...mine is purple...I haven't seen the red!

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 09:02 AM
I think pink was the other color. I reset it to red and it does fade down to pink as you go down a page. Now I can't see the blue button to change it back. Waaaaaah!

cindycactus
10-09-2009, 09:12 AM
There are 5 colors at the top of the page I am looking at now. I like the red. :woot:

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I only see 4. The blue one is missing.

eta. I opened the site in IE and saw where the blue button goes and found it hidden next to the blue in the search field. Now I'm blue again! YAY! lol....

letsknit
10-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh thats what those colors are at the top of the page...! LOL

sandy57th
10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
No, there are definitely 5-- maybe moderators don't get the same privileges as us peons?:rofl:

I'd call this "cranberry", and I LOVE it!!!

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
It's the browser. Five show up in IE, but with Firefox, the blue one is smooshed over into the colored box around the search field. I rolled the mouse over it and found it.

sheldon
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Glad you like it. Amy has asked me for a while to tone down the default KH theme and make it more relaxing, kind of a like a Victorian era tearoom. Thus was born the newest theme.

It doesn't have anything to do with the KP's banner, although I noticed as soon as I put it up that the color in the banner is pretty much a perfect match with the theme. It was shear coincidence. I have had this template in the works for several months, long before their ad appeared.

Those who liked the old color can choose that color from the selector dots at the top of the page. It's the second dot. And if you don't see all 5 dots, you may need to refresh your browser a couple times or clear your cache.

sheldon
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
It's the browser. Five show up in IE, but with Firefox, the blue one is smooshed over into the colored box around the search field. I rolled the mouse over it and found it.

Try refreshing the browser a couple times in FF and see if the buttons move over so they all display. Most likely your FF is caching the stylesheet which handles the positioning of the buttons. I tested in FF 3.0 and 3.5 and Safari 4 and they all display correctly.

OffJumpsJack
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh, I didn't know what the heck you were talking about either. I had mine set to purple or blue or whatever, but now it's red. There were always 4 colors though so what's the red in place of?

Count again using your good foot, Jan. :roflhard:

red, Indigo (purple in my Firefox), orange, pink (lavender to me), blue

My Firefox will not remember my choice like IE does. :sad:

If you click a theme (yarn ball?) at the very top of the page (left of the "Search Here" box) you should always see your color background theme.

Oh, since I use Firefox and have a few tabs open (Subscriptions, General Knitting, How-to Questions, What'cha Knittin'?, Crochet!, & Off Topic Discussions) I see some have just four theme choices.

Time to reload all tabs... :waving:

sheldon
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM

Try clearing your cookies. Sometimes the cookies get messed up.

OffJumpsJack
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
:think:
I've tried to choose the blue theme but when I reload tabs or the whole browser the theme reverts to the default. This only happens in my FF 3.0; It works fine in IE.

saracidaltendencies
10-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I LOVE the red!! My eyes are very sensitive to bright light and bright colors so the red is perfect and definitely more relaxing!

sheldon
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
:think:
I've tried to choose the blue theme but when I reload tabs or the whole browser the theme reverts to the default. This only happens in my FF 3.0; It works fine in IE.

Try clearing your cookies and then logging back in and choosing a theme. It should stick after that.

sgtpam
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Those who liked the old color can choose that color from the selector dots at the top of the page. It's the second dot. And if you don't see all 5 dots, you may need to refresh your browser a couple times or clear your cache.

You read my mind...thanks for the options! I like the purple best and thougt I was going to have to adjust to the red.:hug:

OffJumpsJack
10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Try clearing your cookies and then logging back in and choosing a theme. It should stick after that.

And I've learned how to selectively clear my cookies in FF. :cool:

Jan in CA
10-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I use Firefox 3.5 and I've cleared my cache and logged in and out multiple times. The only thing that's changed is that I now see 5 color choices. Red will not stick. :hair:

OffJumpsJack
10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I use Firefox 3.5 and I've cleared my cache and logged in and out multiple times. The only thing that's changed is that I now see 5 color choices. Red will not stick. :hair:

{edit} You forgot to clear the cookies. Cookies are the little bits that remember your personal settings for a specific website. Clearing the cache and refreshing your Firefox was to get all five buttons to display properly.

To clear your cookies:
For me in FF 3.0 the path was...

Tools > Options.
Privacy icon at the top,
[Show Cookies...] button (about the middle right side of the dialog window).
Then scroll through the list to find knittinghelp.com, select it and then click [Remove Cookie(s)] button.

I removed all cookies for knittinghelp.com, but I bet you could just remove one or two (Named either style or khforum_view or both)?

I didn't clear my cache at all, I just [Removed Cookies] and it now worked for me.

I don't know if FF 3.5 would have different menu path, options icons, or button names. It should be similar enough for you to find it.

Think surgical not hammer. ;)

Jan in CA
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Sheesh...thanks, Jack! Removing the cookie did it. I couldn't find the stupid things, but your info helped. In my FF is was small text and no icon that tripped me up. Anyhooo it worked and I put the hammer away! :teehee:

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
I dunno, mine stays the same unless I change it. But I have 'always stay logged in' marked, so maybe that's the difference, and I'm using FF 3.0.12. If I use the laptop or another computer, it defaults to the purple.

Jan in CA
10-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I logged out, cleared my cache AND deleted the KH cookie. I logged back in and changed it and it's fine now. (I also stay logged in) Clearing the cache alone didn't do it, had to delete the cookies.

sabrinasmom
10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
My first thought was 'it's red'. Anything but green:teehee:

suzeeq
10-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't mind a nice medium green, like a dark sage, or teal.

Jan in CA
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I like red, but a dk sage green would be nice. ;)

labeelady
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
It's the browser. Five show up in IE, but with Firefox, the blue one is smooshed over into the colored box around the search field.

Must be your version. I'm using Firefox and I see all five colors perfectly! I have version 3.5.3.

ArtLady1981
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
I have left to right: dark red, purple, strawberry red, pink and blue.

I like the dark red best!

suzeeq
10-10-2009, 12:10 AM
It's 3.0.12 and I did a refresh as Sheldon suggested and they're all there now.

Ronda
10-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I hate red! I keep changing it, but every time I click to go to a new page, the new page is red. It never stays blue!

GinnyG
10-10-2009, 11:09 AM
cool! I like them all. I'll change the color to fit my mood!

suzeeq
10-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Clear out your cookies, or refresh the page (ctrl F5 will do that) and it should help.

mks22300
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I quite like the red, it is nice and relaxing. Although, I like the idea of a nice sage green too. :teehee:

Debbie
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I had no idea I could change the color :)

suzeeq
10-11-2009, 10:11 AM
It's a secret we only let people in on until they've made 900 posts.....

:rofl:

Craw
10-11-2009, 11:19 AM
It's a secret we only let people in on until they've made 900 posts.....

:rofl:

Secret's out! Now I know too! hee hee :teehee:

Debbie
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
:) sue

Crycket
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Now I have the red.....*smiles*

I also now see where you can change the colour....*sigh*

melmac51
10-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Mine still has the original 4 colors plus the red. I like it too, but originally, I thought I'd accidentally done something to make it turn red. LOL