PDA

View Full Version : Bernat Newsletter

kellyh57
10-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anyone else get this? I was pleasantly surprised to see our very own Shandeh at the end of the letter! Apparently she's going to be blogging for Bernat now! Congratulations Shandeh! Anymore details you want to divulge with us?

suzeeq
10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
She posted an announcement a couple months ago, somewhere I can't find it now, and mentions it in the Cape KAL thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93834) she's hosting.

bambi
10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
That's pretty cool! I got the newsletter and must not have read it carefully enough.

saracidaltendencies
10-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I too got the newsletter...I scrolled down, saw the pic and thought, "hey, that looks just like Shandeh!" And, well, it was! :teehee: Awesome, Shandeh!

gingerbread
10-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Congrats Shandeh on working with Bernat. I like the picture of you there with the llama.

Shandeh
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
:muah:
Thank you all for the support!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I just now found this discussion! :teehee:

I am very excited about blogging for Bernat. They contacted me through Ravelry, and asked if I would be interested in working for them as a blogger. They provide the yarn and patterns, and I knit something new (my choice) every month. I get to keep everything I knit. And twice a year, I'll be getting some free yarn of my choice from Bernat, Patons, or Lily. (They are all part of the same company.)

It's a wonderful way to get free yarn and practice lots of different stitches and patterns. I'm sure I'll be a better knitter because of this opportunity. :)

So far, I've made a cape, a star afghan, and a cabled hat. Right now, I'm working on an alpaca leaf pullover. So much fun!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

AngelaR
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
That's fantastic! I'll be sure to get the Newsletter. It sounds like more fun than work. I hope you enjoy it.

Shandeh
01-14-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm having a blast, Angela.
Now, I just need to learn to manage my time better, so I can keep up with my charity knitting projects as well.