PDA

View Full Version : I kicked Laces BUTT!!

GinnyG
10-15-2009, 07:26 AM
A month or so ago I was terribly discouraged. I had taken a lace project on vacation and it totally kicked my butt. Three days of knitting and I ended up frogging and giving up.

Well, decided to give it a go again but to start a bit lower on the lace food chain. I found a shawl pattern that CLAIMED to be easy breezy and decided to try again!!

Here is my "Forest Canopy" in New Zealand Wool DK weight with size 5 nieedles. It is not yet blocked and I am sure it will look MUCH BETTER blocked (of course I'll post a picture) but I'm so excited to have made it through that I had to post it NOW!!

Slim
10-15-2009, 07:33 AM
It's lovely. Welcome to the ranks of the lace knitters!

Lisa R.
10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Impressive! Great feeling of satisfaction, eh??

domiknitrix
10-15-2009, 10:06 AM
A month or so ago I was terribly discouraged. I had taken a lace project on vacation and it totally kicked my butt. Three days of knitting and I ended up frogging and giving up.

Well, decided to give it a go again but to start a bit lower on the lace food chain. I found a shawl pattern that CLAIMED to be easy breezy and decided to try again!!

Here is my "Forest Canopy" in New Zealand Wool DK weight with size 5 nieedles. It is not yet blocked and I am sure it will look MUCH BETTER blocked (of course I'll post a picture) but I'm so excited to have made it through that I had to post it NOW!!
Great Job!! I understand I just went through the same thing with Ene's Scarf.

Abbily
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
WOO HOO, great job! You persevered and you won! :) It's beautiful!

etoilechaude
10-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Congrats!!! It looks great, I can't wait to see it blocked :oD

melmac51
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Nice work! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
GORGEOUS!!

Congratulations on getting over the hump that is lace knitting. You'll be able to add some really lovely design elements to the rest of your knitting now!

:cheering:

margz3
10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Good for you :yay: What a sense of satisfaction you must feel!!

ArtLady1981
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh yummy! I love the color! Golden! I've been there, done that, where anything lace kicked my fanny to the curb! And that was only a scarf! I retreated in defeat! Tried another lacy pattern, and kept my nose glued to the pattern, and learned about lifelines!

Great job! I love your shawl!

WandaT
10-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats!!! It's gorgeous!! I, too, can't wait to see it blocked!

mwhite
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: You have definitely kicked Lace's butt!!! Great Job and can't wait to see it blocked....you will really love it then and the hardest part IS done with!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: