PDA

View Full Version : Mason-Dixon Big Dotty Cushion

sakura-panda
10-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Has anyone made one of these from the first Mason-Dixon knitting book? I checked Ravelry and the posted projects mostly seemed to be other projects using the pattern, but I actually want to make a fancy cushion like they show in the book.

I have a bench/chest by my front door that still does not have a covered cushion, although I bought the foam for it five years ago after DH finished building it.

I don't want to start it before I know how I'm going to finish it (the project I have in mind is about 2-3 times as big as the one in the book and at my rate of knitting, it should take up most of the next couple of years. ;))

I'm just curious about how difficult it would be to assemble the cushion after the cover has been knit. :shrug:

WandaT
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I found these ... is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/big-dotty-cushion/people

sakura-panda
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes, but nobody did a fat foam cushion like they do in the book -- they all did pillows or blankets or something else completely unrelated.

I have questions about doing the bottom and sides of the cushion as well as how to add batting. I was hoping to see what other people did and how they turned out.

Thanks for looking! :)

Woodi
10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't have the book, but checked the Ravelry gallery for this and it seems like a very popular design. Very pretty....is it difficult to knit this design?

I can't help you with your foam block, but it seems fairly straightforward.....knit two squares, and a long strip for the edge - sew it all together....no?

Good luck, and looking forward to your progress on this.