10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I just turned the heel ALL BY MYSELF. That's all :):cheering:

gotta knit
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
:yay: :woohoo:

Congrats!

jillian0922
10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Now I am lost again! Where I left off my pattern reads "Repeat the last two rows until you have 14 sts left of (I think it means to say "on" but not sure) the needle and you are ready to begin a right side row." Well I have 14 sts ON the needle and I'm facing the right side. The next part of my pattern reads "With an empty needle, knit across the heel sts. Continue with the same needle, pick up and kint 13 sts up right side of heel flap." OKAY this is where I'm getting stuck. When i knit across the 14 sts on my heel...I am knitting them onto the new needle and am not sure if I use THAT needle to pick up the heel flap or another new one? I made one sock before, but I was with someone helping me and now I'm trying to finish the second one on my own. Can anybody offer some help? I have also watched the turning the heel video on this site and I think the pattern they use is a bit different than mine (and A LOT smaller :p).

gotta knit
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
The next part of my pattern reads "With an empty needle, knit across the heel sts. Continue with the same needle, pick up and kint 13 sts up right side of heel flap."

Pick up along the heel flap with the same needle you knit across the heel sts with.
You can do it!

WandaT
10-22-2009, 08:40 AM
yaaahhhh!! Congrats! You're well on your way!

gingerbread
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
That is what you do knit with the same needle. Just trust your pattern and you can do it. I love turning the heel and doing the gusset. For me that is the best part of the sock.

melmac51
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

That's great!!! I'm too chicken to even try a sock (or two for that matter).