PDA

View Full Version : Stitches East, E.Hartford, CT tommorrow?

Jen17
10-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi,
It has been a while since I have been on here and really miss it!

So, is anyone going to Stitches East in East Harford, CT tommorow? I live in RI and I'm going in the morning.

So, if you are going how excited are you and what do you hope to buy?!!!

I am very excited and I'm not sure what I am going to buy! I know I am going to be buying roving, because I am learning to spin. I am taking a "Market Class" ( 1 hour mini class) at 11:30 on Continental knitting, because I haven't been able to teach myself! I am also looking for a holder for double pointed needles that also holds your sock at the same time. I know someone has them, because I saw them before, but I can't find a wooden one on the internet, although I did find one made out of some kind of hard paper.
I also want some more Knit Klips, because I love them and you can't have too many!

Jen :knitting:

Mirl56
10-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Have Fun! I'm not going this year, but I did go the past 2 yrs when in was in Baltimore, MD. I just went to the market.

Let us know how the class was, and also what goodies you actually buy!!

Jen17
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Have Fun! I'm not going this year, but I did go the past 2 yrs when in was in Baltimore, MD. I just went to the market.

Let us know how the class was, and also what goodies you actually buy!!

Hi,
I had a great time! The class was great and now I finally know how to Continental knit, the teacher, Kelly, was great and it helped that we only had about 6 in the class.
I didn't buy much! I bought a baby sweater pattern, a beautiful big ceramic button for my daughter's shawl that I am making and some other buttons! I did not buy any yarn, which was a miracle, but I have so much at home it would have been crazy to buy any (plus the the ones I wanted were crazy expensive!).
It was nice, because it wasn't crowded, but I like Rhinebeck much better. I think it is the out door atmosphere in NY that I love!
I did have a great time!
Jen

Jeremy
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I went and had a great time. It was a last minute decision. I bought some roving, a couple of balls of Kauni Yarn some other kinds of sock yarn and knit on the Giant sock. It was a good move to go on Sundayl. All of the booths were still pretty well stocked but the crowds were very manageable.

margz3
10-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I am also looking for a holder for double pointed needles that also holds your sock at the same time. I know someone has them, because I saw them before, but I can't find a wooden one on the internet, although I did find one made out of some kind of hard paper.

Jen :knitting:

Is this what you are looking for?

If so, you can get them at Woolworks in Putnam, CT. Jen also ships.http://woolworksltd.blogspot.com/

dreamingintx
10-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Is this a yearly thing? We are potentially moving to West Hartford next summer so it's good for me to know these things :mrgreen:

mdct123
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
It is going to be in Hartford again next year - Oct 28 -31, and I heard it might be there in 2011 too.