PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Toddler Patterns

MichiganKnitter
10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I am new to this wonderful group and this is my first post. I have been searching for days trying to find matching patterns for my grandson who just turned one year old. I would like to knit him a matching set of mittens, scarf and hat for winter but it seems toddler patterns are hard to find. Any suggestions finding a source for these patterns would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
MK

suzeeq
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Have you looked at www.knittingpatterncentral.com and www.dailyknitter.com? Both sites have quite a few kids patterns. Instead of a scarf, think about a cowl or neckwarmer. A one year old would probably keep taking off a scarf, so something that slips over his head to keep his neck warm would be better. Also, yarn company sites like Lion, Patons and Bernat will probably have a few patterns.

Mirl56
10-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Suzee suggested the same places I was going to. At knittingpatterncentral, there is a toddler section but also be sure to look in the baby section because often the sizes will go up to 12month, 18 month, etc. so they may still have the size you need.

Jan in CA
10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd also say to skip a regular scarf for safety reasons. A cowl/neckwarmer is a good idea though.