PDA

View Full Version : ISO~Child's Hoodie Pattern

Lighting57
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I would like a free pattern for a child's pullover with hood that zips in the back. I am tired of looking and thought someone here may know where I can find one. It needs to fit a 24 month or 2T.

Jesslynn
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
My daughter has such a sweater, although she's out grown it now. I bought it at a resale shop. It was hand-knit by someone. I couldn't believe the original owner got rid of it. I would like to have a pattern, too, because I love that sweater and it would be great to make for gifts.
Surely someone here has a pattern!

Jan in CA
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I only found one free one and it's for a newborn. However it's in sport weight. If you use heavier yarn and bigger needles it might come out big enough. A knitter on Ravelry used chunky yarn and size US 8 needles and it child looks to be about 2 to 2 1/2 yrs.

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyswezipback.htm

Lighting57
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Jesslynn, I went to www.ravelry.com and searched free back zipped hoody under the pattern link. The one mentioned here is there and another by Lionbrand. I don't have a link but you can find it on ravelry, and you can probably find it at LB. Apparently, these are the only free ones.

Lighting57
11-01-2009, 04:32 PM
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60224AD.html?r=1

This is the link for the back zipped hoodie from LionBrand. When I mentioned it in the above post I did not realize that it was crochet. I had not taken the time to read the instructions. There may be some though that would like to make it.

I'm still looking for a pattern other than the one Jan posted. I already have it. I'll go with it if I can't find another. I would like one with a small amount of design to it other than just plain stockinet stitch.

Mirl56
11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
You could add a stitch pattern to it. Just take into considertion if the stitch pattern pulls it in any, like cables pull the knitted fabric in some so you might want to add a few sitches if you add something like that.

Lighting57
11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
You could add a stitch pattern to it. Just take into considertion if the stitch pattern pulls it in any, like cables pull the knitted fabric in some so you might want to add a few sitches if you add something like that.

I've considerd that, but I didn't want to do the altering. If time doesn't become an issue I probably will though.