PDA

View Full Version : Which border should I use?

Sajomaro
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I've been working on the Pinwheel Baby Blanket (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/round-or-pinwheel-baby-blanket) (Ravelry link) and am getting close to being finished. I would like to put a border on it but I'm not sure which one would work best.
I thought about an i-cord or possible a crochet but would love suggestions from others. What do you think would look best?

TIA

blueygh2
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Something solid would look nice, like the i-cord, but I don't like doing i-cords, so I'd probably crochet around.

Thinking of an open-chain border (ch5, miss 5 stitches, sc in next stitch, ch5, miss 5 stitches,...) or a picot border. I would rather go with the picot.

meowmeowmeow
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
How about crocheting the crab stitch around it?

WandaT
11-09-2009, 09:35 AM
How about crocheting the crab stitch around it?

That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Woodi
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I like the edging that YanTan Tethera put on hers....3 rows of ??? crochet singles? or maybe even just garter stitch. I wouldn't do I-cord, cuz it might cause the thing to buckle inwards, as if it were a basket. Jmho

Sajomaro
11-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm still not sure which one I'll use but am leaning heavily towards the one Woodi mentioned that YanTanTethera used on hers. Her project notes on Ravelry mention that she can't remember what she did but she thinks it was seed st with a k1, yo row in the middle. I might have to knit up a sample to see if that works.
Thanks again for you help.

melmac51
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I have absolutely no suggestions...just wanted to tell you that your blanket is beautiful!! :cheering: