PDA

View Full Version : Knitting and Project Runway

debminerva
11-08-2009, 08:00 PM
If anyone watches Project Runway on Lifetime, one of the contestants recently let go gives an interview here (http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2009/11/t-lo-interviews-gordana.html). Towards the end of the interview, she discusses her love of knitting.

Sometimes I wish Project Runway would allow their designers to incorporate hand knits into the show, but typically the challenges are limited to 1 day, so that really wouldn't be feasible.

MoniDew
11-10-2009, 02:36 AM
oooooh, INTERESTING! Yes, I watch! My dirty secret addiction! But, can't help myself.

LOVED her knitwear! Complex, intriguing, totally dig it! Thanks for sharing this!

trvvn5
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Project Runway ruined my lace stole. I was watching it and Heidi came out wearing that horrible pink and silver outfit with the stretch pants and that ugly belt. I yelled at the TV, "I can't take you seriously wearing that hideous outfit Heidi. How am I supposed to trust your fasion advice if thats what you put on." At this point I was so enflamed that I forgot what stitch I was on and couldn't figure out where I was in my pattern. So I had to frog the row. Well, I accidentally frogged back too far, so I had to frog all the way back to my last lifeline, which was 16 rows. Not too bad, but still. Damn you Heidi Klum, DAMN YOU!!!!!

melmac51
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I watched that show with my daughter a couple of times, but it didn't really draw me in.

Debbie
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks Deb for the link to the interview. I LOVE Project Runway... how cool that Gordana will be in an issue of Vogue Knitting. I really liked her, but I wanted her to stand up tall, look the judges in the eye and SMILE !

etoilechaude
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Gordana was one of my favorites... I kinda figured she wouldn't win the whole thing. Meany face Irena seems to get all the attention, even though I think she shouldn't win just for being mean!