PDA

View Full Version : Doggie Banket instructions p l e a s e

daisymae
11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Could someone help me? i need to figure out a small crochet zig zag blanket for a dog. My sister in law is asking me. I don't figure it out too well. it will be regular 4 ply yarn that she has. just need to tell her how many to chain on and then the pattern.
Sure hope someone can throw something out there for me. thanks, thanks, thanks so much!:think:

suzeeq
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Have you checked pattern sites? There's www.crochetpatterncentral.com, should have something there.

jebers
11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Maybe search for baby blanket pattern (don't know how big the doggie is)...The link in the previous post has a bunch. Good luck.

melmac51
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
This one looks pretty easy.

http://www.citiusa.com/ripple.html

Good luck!

OffJumpsJack
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
The basic zig-zag will depend on the width you want for the blanket and how many stitches are in each leg of the zig-zag and how many zig-zag repeats you want. (can be even or odd)

Even: \/\/\/ or /\/\/\

Odd: /\/\/ or \/\/\

A pattern for 2.5 repeats of 5 stitches per leg:

SC: Single crochet (known as a DC in UK terms)
Inc: Increase, several stitches made into the same base stitch as indicated in pattern.
Dec: Decrease, several stitches started but completed as one stitch as indicated in pattern.[/DL]

Chain 26

Row 1: SC in 2nd chain/stitch from hook, * SC in each of the next 3 chains/stitches, 3 SC (Inc) in next stitch, SC in chains/stitches, SC next 3 chains/stitches together (Dec), Repeat from * once more, SC in each of next 3 chains/stitches, 2 SC in last chains/stitches. (26 SC)

Row 2: Turn, chain 1, 2 SC in first stitch, * SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Dec) SC 3 stitches tog, SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Inc) 3 SC in next stitch, Repeat from * once more, SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Dec) SC last 2 stitches tog. (26 SC)

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until length desired.

Northknitter
01-02-2010, 10:09 AM
yarngal.com
It is a cat size but just make it bigger.:thumbsup: