PDA

View Full Version : When to block

yarnfanatic
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM
OK, I get it, you need to block finished garments, but my dilemma comes as to when to block? I think it was on this forum that I saw some incredible before and after pictures and noticed the pieces were blocked before construction. I'm relatively new to knitting and have blocked the three sweaters I've knitted after they were completely finished. I have my fourth sweater in pieces and now am wondering, do you block each piece and then put the garment together or do the construction first and block the finished garment? Which gives the best results? Thanks so much. I've learned so much from all of you. You've given me the confidence to take on projects I wouldn't have thought I could accomplish.http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/images/smilies/aug08_012.gif

Ellieblue
11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I think it is a good idea to block individual pieces. That way you can stretch the pieces to the measurements given in the pattern. Another thing is that your garment will be damp when you block and if it is in a single layer, it will dry faster.