PDA

View Full Version : ABC's Extreme Home Makeover

sabrinasmom
11-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Extreme Home Makeover is building a home in the next town over from me:woohoo: The lady is a school teacher who has battled cancer for 3 years and they have 3 girls. I'm taking the shuttle bus out to see the construction tomorrow.

cacunn
11-13-2009, 11:19 PM
They were a town over from me earlier this year. You should have fun on your visit.

NC Girl
11-14-2009, 08:10 AM
That's really neat!

I live in Thomasville too.

MoniDew
11-19-2009, 08:58 AM
oh that's cool! I've often wished that I could "help" or participate somehow in one of those builds. (sometimes, they offer the community an opportunity to participate through artwork or handicrafts)

sabrinasmom
11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I went 3 days. It is amazing to watch the progress. I didn't get to go for the reveal but have seen pictures of the family at the reveal. The house is beautiful.

Doodknitwit
11-19-2009, 10:09 PM
were less than entertained and several folks had damage to their property during the construction..lost sleep due to noise & lights during non stop construction. .. I guess they all survived in the end.

sabrinasmom
11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
It rained the first two days so you can imagine the mess. I thought the road was a dirt road! I talked with one neighbor whose yard was a MESS but she said they would come back in and clean and repair so hopefully they will. I heard if the lights/noise were a problem they would put the people up in a motel. The mother is a well loved school teacher who is battling cancer so the neighbor said it was worth the trouble. She has continued to teach so she is a fighter