PDA

View Full Version : Thetis Pullover Question

ready2knit
12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Working the Thetis Pullover from the most recent Webs catalog. Why I can't think this through is beyond me. Please help.

Pattern:
RIGHT SLEEVE
CO 61
Row 1: and all WS rows: Purl
Row 2: K1, *p1, k2tog, k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, ssk, p1, k1; rep from *
Row 4: K1, *p1, k2tog, k1, yo, k3, yo, k1, ssk, p1, k1; rep from *
Row 6: K1, *p1, k2tog, yo, k5, yo, ssk, p1, k1; rep from *
Rep Rows 1-6 for pattern, increasing at beg and end of every 10th row 12 times. (85 sts)
Work even in pattern until sleeve measures 26"

I'm working the sleeve in the round. My problem is the incs. I knit the incs in each round, but ended up with a stockinette "strip" Do I work the incs into the pattern?
I'm a very visual person and was hoping to find a pic of the seam on Ravelry, but no such luck. I'm having the worst time imagining what the "seam" is supposed to look like.
If I do work it into the pattern, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Ingrid
12-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I would work them in pattern as they become available to do so, keeping a k at each end.

There will be times you can't do the / or \ because you don't have enough stitches. I'd work them in stockinette until you can.

So the beginning of the first row is now

k p/kk0k0kk\pkp/kk0k0kk\p k

The next increase row would have

k kp/xxxxxx\pkp/xxxxxx\pk k

Then

k pkp/xxxxxx\pkp/xxxxxx\pkp k

Then k kpkp/

k kkpkp

k \pkp/

kk \pkp/

See where I'm going? The pattern will expand outward from each side.

Another way is to say if your pattern had 5 stitches for the repeats,

k 12345 k

k 5123451 k

k 451234512 k

k 34512345123 k

ready2knit
12-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Um, I think I'm more confused? Ingrid, I don't understand some of your abbreviations.
What do the / and \ mean in your post? What do the 0's stand for?
I'm still trying to work this out on paper, but having difficulty- so frustrating:hair:

Thanks again.

suzeeq
12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Those are standard chart symbols, or shorthand. A / is a right leaning decrease, usually k2tog, and \ is a left leaning decrease like ssk or skp. That should be an O, not a zero and it means YO.

Ingrid
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, I wrote it out in more of a chart pattern.

/ would be k2tog

\ is the ssk

the 0's are the yo's

The increases are the red stitches on the edges, which is really what you were asking about. The center stitches are already there and written out in the pattern.

Sorry if I confused you.

manfarr1974
12-10-2009, 08:45 PM
How is it going? Any other glitches for you?

Am I reading correctly from Ingrid that I need to change this pattern some to make it work?

I just purchased the pattern - this is my first sweater! I have knit lots of square things with lace (scarfs, hats, dishcloths) but this is my first thing that is another shape and lacy...
Thanks,

Mandy

Ingrid
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
You don't have to change the pattern. When you increase on the sleeves, however, you want to try to keep the new stitches in pattern, which is what I was trying to explain.

manfarr1974
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
OK I get it now! Thank you.

:)