Driving without looking, or knitting while driving? :rofl:

meowmeowmeow
12-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Driving without looking, or knitting while driving? :rofl:

Whichever you're up to, I'd suppose :3

globaltraveler
12-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Wh'hey, Mike!

It makes a lot of difference as to whether people can deal with you knitting while you talk to them, doesn't it? :)

Mike
12-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Wh'hey, Mike!

It makes a lot of difference as to whether people can deal with you knitting while you talk to them, doesn't it? :)

I don't know if I'm at the point where I can knit without looking and listen to someone, of course they may not know that. :)

dustinac
12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
:woohoo:that's great!

AngelaR
12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
WTG Mike! I can successfully knit without looking, but purling? After 20 years or so, I still can't master that.

Knitting while pretending to listen? I hold the gold medal in that. I'm a mother of four :woot:

gotta knit
12-15-2009, 10:37 AM
WTG Mike!
Makes it easier to watch TV while knitting too, instead of just listening to a show.

OffJumpsJack
12-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I can finally knit without looking :woohoo:

Is the knit wearable without getting looks?
:roflhard:

MerigoldinWA
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I reached that point a few months ago too. Very handy for basic St st(I can do it knitting or purling; you probably can too) but I don't use that all the time. I wonder if I could have done it sooner and just didn't try. :lol: I was knitting and reading at the same time.

Sunshine's Mom
12-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Ack! I didn't know this was a skill I needed to aspire too! :wink:

Mike
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Is the knit wearable without getting looks?
:roflhard:

So far. I even felt a stitch where I split the yarn.
I can't slip my marker or roll my row counter without looking. I could roll it if I'd remember which direction it goes.

Ack! I didn't know this was a skill I needed to aspire too! :wink:
You don't, I did.
I was doing granny squares in the dentist chair and when I'm focused on picturing what I'm doing without looking I'm not focused on what they're doing.
But I knit more than I crochet and what I do crochet isn't usually portable.

globaltraveler
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I like being able to knit on the train and watch the scenery at the same time...or surreptitiously read the paper of the person across from me. :)

ArtLady1981
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Yay!!!! :woot:

MoniDew
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
congrats!!!!!

Mike
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I put it to use today. Knit right through the filling. Did a row while the novacaine was kicking in and a row while they were filling.
I even slipped the marker without looking.

But now in addition to the hygienist wanting to learn the assistant wants to learn so it kept on crossing my mind that they weren't watching what they were doing and were watching me knit.

AngelaR
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I knit right through interviewing a prospective employee. I was on a roll!

melmac51
01-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I put it to use today. Knit right through the filling. Did a row while the novacaine was kicking in and a row while they were filling.
I even slipped the marker without looking.

But now in addition to the hygienist wanting to learn the assistant wants to learn so it kept on crossing my mind that they weren't watching what they were doing and were watching me knit.

Holy Smokes! You must have nerves of steel. Don't think I could knit anything in the dentist's chair. As it is, they have to pry my fingers off of the arm rests even with a mere cleaning. You da man!

Mike
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Holy Smokes! You must have nerves of steel. Don't think I could knit anything in the dentist's chair. As it is, they have to pry my fingers off of the arm rests even with a mere cleaning. You da man!

Just the opposite. I knit in the dentist chair because enough Xanax (seriously) to calm me down would put me to sleep.
Knitting with my eyes closed (which they are any time the dentist is in the room) helps me focus elsewhere.
My tools and dentist tools are extremely similar so I can imagine what they are doing too well so focusing elsewhere helps.

When I was getting crowns I got the idea the assistants thought I was dying or something because I was shaking so much, and that was on 3-4 Xanax.
I wasn't knitting very fast that time, I could barely get the needle into the stitch.

I only had one messed up stitch. My guess is it came when I was feeling it, but I won't tell them I'm feeling it unless it's really bad because if you say stuff they do stuff.