View Full Version : What is work sts as they face you?

12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Can't figure this out.
" On wrong side rows "Work sts as they face you'' What sts do I use.

12-18-2009, 11:40 PM
It means that when the st looks like a knit st, knit it, if it looks like a purl, purl it. There's a thread called Knit the Knits and Purl the Purls (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94500) that has some pictures and videos that show how to tell which is which.

12-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Thank you, thought that was what it meant. I just ended a p2,k2 row so why don't they just say k2, p2

12-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Because that may not be how you're going to work the next row. If you have a stitch number that's divisible by 4, you'll do p2, k2 again. Or there may be some other variation, like k4 p2 or something.