View Full Version : EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket increases

12-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone,
Simple question:
Where it says to K3 and M1 at ridge 5 of the pattern, it specifically says "across end sections". Can you tell me what exactly are the end sections? I'm not sure where to make the necessary increases.

12-28-2009, 09:12 PM
In addition, I'm not sure if I increase after the 5th ridge, when I'm supposed to just knit or if I do it on the 6th ridge.
By the way, the others who asked this same question was "bumped". I don't know what that means...

Jan in CA
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Bumping is replying to a thread so it goes to the top of the forum. It's not necessary usually, but if you ask a question and it doesn't get answered for 24 hours or so you can bump it rather than start a whole new thread.

You must be working with the original pattern. It's a little harder to understand than the line by line one. ;) Okay, so you knit 5 ridges which is 10 rows. On the next row you're going to increase 9 stitches. Each M1 is an increase. EZ used a backward loop increase if I remember correctly. It's in the video section under increases. M1A works fine. :thumbsup:

12-28-2009, 11:22 PM
So Jan,
What are the end sections? I know that it tells me to make the increases there and I'm not sure if that means before the ridge or wherever I want...

Jan in CA
12-29-2009, 01:14 AM
The end sections will be the sleeves. The row by row instructions tell you basically the same thing ... to (k3, m1) 9 times, k2, decrease, k76, decrease, k2, (m1, k3) 9 times. So do that just like I've written.

It's hard the first time you make a BSJ, but trust me it does work work out. :) Here's the most recent of the 4 or 5 I've made. I did it a little differently, but it looks basically the same as yours will.