PDA

View Full Version : Addi CLICKS

ArtLady1981
01-03-2010, 06:38 AM
There is an Illinois yarn shop (FiberWild) that has the full set of Addi CLICKS on sale for $149.95.
Her set has 10 sizes, including the US5, and the new soft-sided envelope case. Free shipping to locations within the USA. I see that she has 6 units in stock.

Click here (http://fiberwild.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_992&products_id=3640) if you are interested!

On the other hand, my LYS sells them for $169.95 plus State Sales Tax.
She promised that the new shipments of Addi Clicks will see at least a $10 increase this year.

I think $149 range is the LOWEST price we are ever going to see for authentic Addi CLICKS, distributed by the authorized USA Dealer, Skacel.

Beware of "knock offs" from China (as seen on Ebay)!

knittynoddy
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
This is our standard price for the addi Click set (http://www.knitty-noddy.com/index.php?keyword=addi+click&Search=Search&option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse), as well, while supplies last!

ArtLady1981
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Evelyn!

Thanks for adding your link for the Addi CLICKS at such a great price! I see that you also include FREE SHIPPING! I checked out your website, and noted that you ALSO have the US10.5 tips! (http://www.knitty-noddy.com/index.php?page=shop.needle_flypage&option=com_phpshop&product_id=3682&category_id=47f707c84c8e4201c63f150a6f4b2d2b) Although they're not included in the CLICK set, at least we can purchase them separately! Yay!

My LYS is charging $169.95 for the Addi CLICKS set!

Perhaps FiberWild.com states that $149.95 is a SALE PRICE (for them) because they are a "brick and mortar" establishment.

Is your shop online only?

knittynoddy
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Perhaps FiberWild.com is using "Sale Price" as a marketing device?

Actually the wholesale price (and thus the retail price) of the Click sets have gone up. So that is why my price is for current stock only. As soon as I need to re-order from the distributor, the new supply may need to be priced higher.

ArtLady1981
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Perhaps the words "Sale Price" are a marketing device, but so are a lot of words in any "ad", eh? Being in direct sales for 30 years, I can tell you...most ads are filled with buzz words that are designed to create 'need' and 'urgency'!

Ah well, so what? As long as the facts of the product are accurately portrayed, I'm good with SALE! ONLY! ONE TIME! HURRY! WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! and other language designed to excite us to action! :happydance:

I do believe her price of $149.95 is truly a sale price, coming from her brick-and-mortar yarn shop. Typically, the brick-and-mortar HAS TO charge more to pay for the rent, lights, and hired help! They can barely compete in the marketplace anymore, with online sales killing them! My LYS is selling Addi Clicks for $169.95...with the promise that her next shipment will be priced $10 higher, as you also stated.

I think the price of $149 will be the LOWEST price we will EVER SEE on Addi Clicks anywhere. It's all uphill from there. The price should stabilize somewhere under $200...and hopefully at the $179 range!

ArtLady1981
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Want to say that I ordered my Addi CLICKS on Jan 3rd...and they arrived at my door today,
Jan 6th...all the way from Galena, Illinois! Now THAT is great shipping and customer service.

Yeah, I guess that's an admission that I caved in and purchased the set!
A single pair of Addi US9 "set circs" sold me on the new blue cord!

This was a gift from me to me. :knitting:Sometimes that's what it takes! They will get good use!

yarnfanatic
01-10-2010, 01:48 PM
After reading many of the posts on this forum, I have decided my DH can give me the Addi Clicks for my birthday. If the shipping is as quick as yours, Art Lady, they should even be here before my birthday. I cannot wait!!!!:woohoo:

ArtLady1981
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Good for you! You will LOVE them!

etoilechaude
01-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I SO SO SOOOO wanted the Addi interchangeables, but I do love my KP options! :o)

- Dollyce, if you ever get down this way you HAVE to let me know... I know there's a HUUUUUUUUUGE group from Seattle coming down next weekend and I'm hoping to be at my fav yarn shop all day :o)

yarnfanatic
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
OK, I've ordered them, now the waiting will kill me, but I can make it 3 or 4 days. Thanks for the great site. I live in the Southeast so I'm hoping shipping time will be about the same.:woot:

ArtLady1981
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
OK, I've ordered them, now the waiting will kill me, but I can make it 3 or 4 days. Thanks for the great site. I live in the Southeast so I'm hoping shipping time will be about the same.:woot:

Yay and Hooray for you!!!! :cheering: BTW, let me know what day they arrive!!! Did you order from FiberWild?

ArtLady1981
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Ah,thanks Evan! Unforutnately, it's not my knitting group that's making a trip to Portland! Darn!

Do you mean the weekend of Jan 16-17...or 23-24?

laikabear
01-12-2010, 04:07 AM
So are you going to give us an update on how you like the Addi set, Dollyce?

I've never knitted with Addis, but of course everyone says they are the BEST! If I were buying a set right now, it would be a hard choice between the Addis and the Options. Since I already have a set, though... getting another one would be a HUUUGE luxury. But I'd like to live vicariously! :teehee:

ArtLady1981
01-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi Maureen!

KnitPicks OPTIONS are obviously the best choice soley based upon price. You just cannot beat the price. And they work wonderfully.

Addi CLICKS and Addi TURBOS are a higher quality of needle, plain and simple. In the Needle Wars, Addi has truly developed an interchangeable needle that's unsurpassed.

Ok, now let's get on with my own opinion, and WITHOUT "price" being a factor: I think every knitter should have both. There, I said it! For some projects, and some yarns...I'd be lost without Addis. For other projects, I couldn't work the pattern without OPTIONS!

The Addi CLICKS are as high quality as their TURBOS, however, the new blue cable cord on the Addi CLICKS is very pliable, just like KnitPicks purple cords are. Ah, we can thanks NEEDLE WARS for this improvement!

All Addi "set-circs" manufactured for the North American market will now have the new blue cable cord. For the time being, your LYS's will have some gold cords, and some blue cords, until the original gold cords are finally sold out.

I purchased the Addi CLICKS because I just have to have the blue cords when I need an Addi to help me to knit a particular project!

For instance, Maureen, I couldn't use a KnitPicks OPTIONS on our Sylvi coat (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3420240550_4a911314a8_b.jpg) AT ALL. Options split my Rowan Polar yarn like crazy! I used Addi TURBOS almost the entire time even though the original gold cord on my TURBOS was not as compliant as the KnitPicks purple cord. (I used the KP OPtions for my bobbles (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3285887785_9726d7a791_b.jpg)though.)

I've thought about the Addi Lace circs, but I've heard such bad things about the gold finish smelling like copper pennies, becoming discolored, and etc. Ack. For now, when I need a pointy needle (such as on the Clasica Coat (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/4110876544_74aec07676_b.jpg)project)...I use KP Options all the way!

Maureen, get yourself the set of Addi CLICKS while the $149 price is still available. (http://fiberwild.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_992&products_id=3640) It is the lowest price we will ever see for authentic Addi CLICKS. The price is due to go up with future shipments to your LYS.

You knit enough to warrant the Addi CLICKS! If you have the $149...go for it! :thumbsup:

laikabear
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, it would definitely be nice not to have to fool with those little cable keys anymore... I think I have one of those in every location where I knit. My coworkers are always finding them (and stitch markers) and asking "Is this a knitting thing?" :teehee: AND I am notorious for pulling the cables out of the join (I try to be gentle but I do knit very tightly). I am about to replace all my 24" and 32" cables for that reason.

I think my most-used needle sizes for some reason are 7, 10, and 10.5, so I'd have to buy the 10.5 size, too... Oh, so tempting! But, I'm not really in the mood to reward myself with shopping right now. I just took 2 nights off work being sick, so I should be looking for ways to trim the fat, not give myself a luxurious gift.

PS - Don't mention Sylvi! If we don't talk about it, it never happened. :rofl:

ArtLady1981
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
"PS - Don't mention Sylvi! If we don't talk about it, it never happened."

:teehee:

robynbird
01-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok you sold me! I just bought them. YIKES!!

yarnfanatic
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
OK, my Addi Clicks arrived within three days of ordering them. They are wonderful!!!! I did order them from Fiber Wild. I am working on a sweater for my daughter and transferred the work to the Addi's and am happy as can be with the way they feel and work. Thanks to all who have posted about the interchangeable sets. You really helped me make an informed decision.:knitting:

robynbird
01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Did you pay extra for shipping? I just selected the free shipping.

yarnfanatic
01-17-2010, 10:25 AM
The shipping was free, the icing on the cake! Hope you love your addie's as much as I do mine. Let me know what you think.

ArtLady1981
01-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok you sold me! I just bought them. YIKES!!

:cheering::cheering::cheering: I am very excited for you!!!! Let me know when they arrive!!!!

ArtLady1981
01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
OK, my Addi Clicks arrived within three days of ordering them. They are wonderful!!!! I did order them from Fiber Wild. I am working on a sweater for my daughter and transferred the work to the Addi's and am happy as can be with the way they feel and work. Thanks to all who have posted about the interchangeable sets. You really helped me make an informed decision.:knitting:

Sooooo happy for you! :happydance: Amy (at FiberWild) does ship very promptly! And I think it's especially nice that she ships with USPS PRIORITY at her own expense!

I ordered some yarn from WEBS plus 2 Addi Clicks needle tips (the US 10.5 and the US 10.75)...and it's on a 'slow boat' as we speak! I placed the order January 6th...and they won't arrive here til the 20th. And THAT'S fast for WEBS! Haven't we waited at least 4 weeks for their orders to arrive? :??

Meh. Their prices are so darn good...that I just order, and forget about it. The yarn shows up sometime. I just hate stalking the UPS guy! It's embarrassing! :teehee:

kellyh57
01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
You got me too. I ordered them yesterday. I think you should get a kickback for all of us that ordered from your suggestion! I have the Denise that I LOVE, but I'm missing a few tips and keep waiting to scour the house before I buy more. I figured I'd just get these so I can have 2 projects going at a time with the same tip and not have to worry about trading needles off! I love Addis so I think I'm going to love these!

starlight
01-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Artlady! I'm going to order the addi click set. Just a question....can you knit hats in the round on a 24" cable or do I need to use a 16" cable? I've been knitting alot of hats in the round on 16" circular needles, but have never tried the 24" cable. Thanks for your reply!

ArtLady1981
01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Artlady! I'm going to order the addi click set. Just a question....can you knit hats in the round on a 24" cable or do I need to use a 16" cable? I've been knitting alot of hats in the round on 16" circular needles, but have never tried the 24" cable. Thanks for your reply!

You can knit a hat 'in the round' using a 16" circ FOR A LITTLE WHILE...but when the stitches begin to seriously decrease...you must either move the stitches onto DPN's (ack) or move them onto 2-24" circs and use the 2-circs method of knitting small diameter 'in the round' (MY FAVORITE! and sooo easy!)

Here is a YouTube video (part 1 and Part 2) by Cat Bordhi. Her voice might be annoying to you...but suffer through it! She is a great teacher, and I FINALLY GOT IT after watching her video and listening to her 'analogies'!! It's a riot!

RybPvCNfrT8

wSv6bdj7pvg

The problem with the 16" circ for small diameter knitting, even from jumpstreet, is the length of the darn tip. It makes it tough to make the circle. It's do-able...but it's uncomfortable. And, it's impossible when you're down to let's say, 16 stitches or so!

ArtLady1981
01-18-2010, 05:09 PM
You got me too. I ordered them yesterday. I think you should get a kickback for all of us that ordered from your suggestion! I have the Denise that I LOVE, but I'm missing a few tips and keep waiting to scour the house before I buy more. I figured I'd just get these so I can have 2 projects going at a time with the same tip and not have to worry about trading needles off! I love Addis so I think I'm going to love these!

You'll never regret this investment! I'm so happy for you!
We will never see CLICKS this low again. I do believe they will go up in 2010, according to the 'word' put down by the LYS's and others. And I did like giving FiberWild.com my business because she is a real YARN SHOP, who needs to pay the mortgage, the utilities, the sales clerks. It is getting harder and harder for our brick-and-mortar LYS's to stay in business! I am so guilty of buying yarn online for the savings. So when I can...I do LOVE to support the LYS!!!

And BTW, Webs has the extra needle tips, sizes US10.5 and US10.75, if you ever want to fill out your needle sizes. Mine are en route to me now!

It's not that I WILL USE those 2 other sizes a lot...it's that when I do need them, I WANT THEM at my beck'n'call right now. You know how that is...in the middle of the night...you are on a 'swatching mission'...and DARN IT...I wish I had a size bigger, but not too big! :teehee:

I just love them! When you get yours, be reminded that a little 'track' on the one connection end lines up exactly with the little bumps on the other side of the connection. There is a good diagram in your box. Just look at it closely before you begin. It's very good, and it's also available online at the Skacel website.

When I first got mine, I couldn't seem to 'grip' each end very well. Maybe it's my old joints, I dunno. So I cut 2 pieces of 'drawer liner'...you know, that kind that just lays on the shelf (not contact paper)...anyway, I cut two 1"x1" pieces of it and held the ends with them. It gave me just enough 'grip'. :thumbsup:

The instructions say that AT FIRST your 'joins' may be a little trickier because they are new. Mine were. But now, I can join them without my little 1"x1" grabbies. But I keep them in my leatherette case anyway! :wink:

yarnfanatic
01-19-2010, 02:47 PM
ArtLady, thanks for the links to Cat Bordi's instructions. I'm wanting to learn the two circular method. I can do dpn but hope the two circular method will be somewhat less cumbersome. I'm hoping to use the two circular method on my second pair of socks.

Again, thanks so much for starting the conversation. It was the push I needed to get my Addie's.

robynbird
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
:woot:My CLICKS are here!! They are sooooo pretty! They got here fast too - shipped Tuesday 1/19 arrived at my door Thursday 1/21! Think I'll move my Palindrome WIP over to them to try 'em out. :):cheering:

ArtLady1981
01-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Yay! So happy for you! FiberWild does a great job of shipping quickly!! Enjoy!!!

ArtLady1981
01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I received my Addi Clicks "extra tips" in US10.5 and US10.75 the other day! (WEBS)

I'm not missing any sizes in the 4-15 range! Yay! I inserted them into a little fabric sleeve, and tucked them inside the envelope. Might try to knit a little "needle sock" for them later. I love the leatherette case provided. I love the fact that those elastic bands prevent the needles from clanking around. Very protective. Better than the DellaQ, where two tips are stuffed inside each sleeve. They can rub against one another and possibly receive more 'wear and tear' on their glassy, mirror-like finish!

Doodknitwit
01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I SO SO SOOOO wanted the Addi interchangeables, but I do love my KP options! :o)

- Dollyce, if you ever get down this way you HAVE to let me know... I know there's a HUUUUUUUUUGE group from Seattle coming down next weekend and I'm hoping to be at my fav yarn shop all day :o)

Love mine :blooby:
doesd Addi Clics have a 16 in cord....

ArtLady1981
01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
...does Addi Clics have a 16 in cord....

No, not yet. I've been reading discussions in the Addi Group over at Rav...and quite a few folks have been asking about the 16" cord. So far, NO.

Part of the reason is that a 16" cord with the Addi Clicks tips is that they measure 5". Totally unuseable with a 16" cord. You couldn't even begin to make a "circle" for "in the round knitting". Most 16" set-circs have needle tips that measure 2.5-3.5" in length.

Here is a needle tip comparison that I posted:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/4251797995_66fe2bda46.jpg

The top needle is a normal 24" tip. It is 5".
The next is a 16" circ...the tip is 3.5".
The Hiya Hiya tip is only 2.185".

You couldn't use a 16" cord with Addi Clicks existing 5" tips.
The only use for the 16" cord would be to add length to the other cords using the connector thingie.

laikabear
01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
WHOA! :eyes:

I have never seen Hiya Hiyas in person but there is no way my big paws could handle those little tips! I just can't believe using those is easier than Magic Loop. Then again, I learned ML right after I started knitting (from Amy of course) and I don't find it fiddly or annoying at all.

ArtLady1981
01-24-2010, 04:31 AM
I bought a few of them for a test! I can't resist anything new!
But you are right, Maureen...they are so teensy that it's hard to get used to them!
I gave up.

I use the 2 circs method exclusively now, for all small diameter 'in the round' knitting! I tried magic loop, too, but prefer the 2 circs. I use Options Nickel-Plated for the stitches that begin the round, and Options Harmonys for the stitches that conclude the round. That way I always know when a full round is done!

laikabear
01-24-2010, 04:59 AM
The only thing I haven't tried ML on is socks. I have a set of metal DPNs from Knitpicks and I've used them for the (2) pairs of socks I've made. I have quite a bit of sock yarn, though (it's hard to resist) and I think for my next pair I am going to try the 2 circs method. I will be using 2 different circs like you, or else I'm sure I'd get confused. I guess that means I need to buy some small sized fixed Harmonys!

sakura-panda
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't knit enough to justify the expense, but I handled these at my LYS and they are gorgeous. I was lusting after them for weeks afterwards and it was only supreme willpower that stopped me. (That and an local scrapbooking store going out of business -- that's my primary hobby and a lot of my money ended up there. :oops: )

Thanks for sharing your opinion -- even if it makes me want them more. :) I'm sure my time will come. :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
01-27-2010, 06:26 PM
[quote=sakura-panda;127392I'm sure my time will come. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Yes it will! :thumbsup:

I see the photos of your 3 gorgeous children! When my 5 little wee ones were still at home, I didn't have the budget to purchase something like the Addi Clicks either!

Yes, your time will come! When you're knitting for all of your grandchildren! :teehee:

ArtLady1981
01-29-2010, 08:01 PM
As you know, I bought the extra tips (US10.5 & 10.75) from Webs. I can't believe it, but I had the need for both of them this past week...in re-knitting my Woven Braid Ski Hats using double strands of Noro Silk Garden! The US10 is too small, the US11 is too big! Yay!

Oh, and with this extreme cabling and using two strands of NORO...the only needle that wouldn't KILL my finders and hand muscles are the Addis! KP Options just wouldn't work this time!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2725/4311910399_529a3a2626.jpg

And re-knit this one too, and needed Addis so the yarn wouldn't keep splitting during the cabling process. OY!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4310157622_90bef69399.jpg

kellyh57
01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I still haven't received mine, nor does it look like they've been shipped. My card was charged on 1/19, but the order still is "on hold" or what looks like backorder, but when you go to the site, it says they still have some in stock. Getting kinda disappointed so far. Maybe if I would have paid for shipping it would've been faster, but I was spending way too much already!

ArtLady1981
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I read a post over at Rav that she just got in a new shipment. They will give your order top priority.
I messaged her over at Rav. I asked her to shed some light on the (maybe) backorder issue.

As for free shipping...I got free shipping, too, and my order was shipped the next day and via USPS PRIORITY. But then again, I ordered right after New Year's when orders are typically at a standstill! By now, mid-late January, orders pick up!

But, I think you should call them anyway. You have the order number and so forth.
Don't let this go. It could be something very minor that needs smoothing out.

yarnfanatic
01-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I received mine within three days of ordering them too. I'm sorry you have had to wait so long. I will say they are worth the wait. Hopefully they'll be coming very soon.

FiberWild
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi kellyh57! Sorry for the confusion, and we appreciate your pre-order of the Click set. As you know, the supplier is having trouble keeping up with all the orders ... the good news, we are shipping out all our pre-orders today!

Normally, we ship out orders the same day we get them, whether they are paid or free shipping, but since your order was a pre-order we couldn't do that...

Again, sorry for the delay, I will e-mail you directly when your order ships out today and send you the tracking number. We appreciate your order!

Sincerely,

Nicki Fallos
FiberWild!
FiberWild.com

kellyh57
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I emailed them yesterday and got an email back quickly saying that they would be shipping today! Woohoo! I guess they are having problems keeping up and mine was a "preorder" of what they had on order themselves apparently. Oh well. I just didn't want to be forgotten about!

ArtLady1981
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh I am so happy to hear the good news, Kelly!!!
Be sure and do a happy dance :happydance: for us when they arrive!

:hug:

starlight
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I ordered the addi click set along with the 10.75 needle tip a couple weeks ago. The set was on back order. I talked to Amy at Fiber Wild today. The sets just came in. She said that she is now able to get the 10.5 addi needle tip for the addi click set, so she is holding my order until the 10.5 comes in, then shipping it all out together. Can't wait!! Thanks Dollyce for all your info on this set!

ArtLady1981
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I ordered the addi click set along with the 10.75 needle tip a couple weeks ago. The set was on back order. I talked to Amy at Fiber Wild today. The sets just came in. She said that she is now able to get the 10.5 addi needle tip for the addi click set, so she is holding my order until the 10.5 comes in, then shipping it all out together. Can't wait!! Thanks Dollyce for all your info on this set!

I know that Amy at Fiber Wild will give your order TOP PRIORITY when your 10.5 tips come in! It makes sense to send it all at one time! You will not regret adding the 10.5 and 10.75 to your set. I've already used mine for re-working my Woven Braid Ski Hats! So glad I had those extra sizes!!!!

This particular braided (cabled) ski hat(s) would have made my fingertips bleed if I had used my Knitpicks Options or Harmonys!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4316377219_d8383193d4_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2725/4311910399_529a3a2626_m.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4310157622_90bef69399_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2789/4315884502_952e7bcd17_m.jpg

Addi Clicks saved the day, and my poor fingers!
(I had knit each of these 3 hats with one strand. Shoulda used two. Oy! Live and learn!)

starlight
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow, Dollyce! Your finished projects are just amazing. I'd love to watch you knit. Maybe I'd learn some secret techniques you use to produce these spectacular items. And you knit them so fast!! I'm impressed! (Maybe the addi clicks will help me achieve just a portion of what you do!) :knitting:

sgtpam
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
So...they are still on sale and I gave in. I don't need them...but, I really want them. I got an end-of-year bonus and a raise this month, so I'm splurging.:happydance:

Thanks for (enabling) letting us know about the deal.:teehee:

ArtLady1981
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
.... I don't need them...but, I really want them...

Same here! :thumbsup:

They're an investment into our knitting! Unlike yarn that comes and goes...needles are your friends forever! :wink:

I'm using mine again tonight! Cast on for the Yank Peacoat using City Tweed HW...and the Addi Clicks are really helping! City Tweed is kinda splitty. The Clicks work best with splitty yarn!

KnitPicks Options work best with very intricate, tight cable work! And lace work! Couldn't do without them either.

sgtpam
02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I got the Options last year, that's one reason this is just a plain ol' guilty pleasure splurge!:teehee: Good to know about the splitty yarns...I seem to have a strange fondness for them:roflhard: Homespun in particular.

I got an e-mail already and my new toys shipped:woohoo: :woot:

ArtLady1981
02-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Yay!!! Expect them in about 2 days! She ships USPS PRIORITY! I live across the US from her, and I received mine within 2 days! (Illinois to Washington State!)

ckk
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
As a new knitter I am in awe of your beautiful work. I hope one day to come close to what you and your needles can do!:woohoo:

robynbird
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm really loving my CLICKS. I have used them to knit some Rainy Day Socks and they are wonderful! I'm doing them using magic loop and no problems with the cord at all! I moved my Palindrome scarf over to them and finished that and I have to say - it was no much easier than using the KP Zephyr's. I was able to relax as I did the cable - strange. I am also using them for my Cassidy. :) LOVE them and so glad I bought them!!

Dollyce - do you know of Yank can be purchased outside of the Mason Dixon book? I don't want to whole book but I want to make that sweater!!

ArtLady1981
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm really loving my CLICKS. I have used them to knit some Rainy Day Socks and they are wonderful! I'm doing them using magic loop and no problems with the cord at all! I moved my Palindrome scarf over to them and finished that and I have to say - it was no much easier than using the KP Zephyr's. I was able to relax as I did the cable - strange. I am also using them for my Cassidy. :) LOVE them and so glad I bought them!!

Dollyce - do you know of Yank can be purchased outside of the Mason Dixon book? I don't want to whole book but I want to make that sweater!!

Hi Robyn! I haven't seen YANK outside of the book. I think Bonne Marie Burns (she designed the Cassidy, too!) prolly 'sold it' to the Mason-Dixon gals. (I really don't know how that works when a designer gets one of her designs accepted into a book that's a compilation featuring numerous designers) All of BMB's current designs seem to be handled by own website, ChicKnits, and all are available as pdf downloads. Which I totally prefer!

DH and I were at Barnes and Noble yesterday. We had a $50 gift certificate to share. I was looking for a knitting book! Oy! It's a cryin' shame to pay $25-$40 for a book that only has 2-3 things you would ever knit! I finally settled on the newly realeased 2009 VOGUE Shawls and Wraps (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Vogue-Knitting-Shawls-Wraps/Editors-of-Vogue-Knitting-Magazine/e/9781933027845/?itm=1&USRI=vogue+shawls+and+wraps)book. It has a great variety of knock-out designs...not that I plan to knit a shawl...but IF I wanted to...I would find a great shawl in this book. It's a great book to add to my knitting library. :wink:

I'm fairly certain BMB gave up the rights to independently market the YANK pattern via pdf download. But I will message her and ask.

I'm loving YANK PEACOAT totally! It's a very classic design! Nice shaping! I own both of the Mason-Dixon books. They are worth every penny. At the bookstore,I was wishing they would publish #3! I don't know why they stopped at two (or seemingly).

robynbird
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I appreciate your reply! I did message Bonnie on Ravelry to ask her. If she isn't selling it outside the book, then I'll just have to buy the book! I love her patterns and i really like this coat.

And it is a shame to pay so much for a book with only a couple patterns you would make which is why I tend to not purchase books and only buy single patterns. :)

ArtLady1981
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, me thinks pdf patterns are the wave of the future. Like most things!

Look at what the internet (Google for example) did to World Book Encyclopedias! What family will pay $3000 for a set of Encyclopedias when the information highway has up-to-date information? You can even get 'vintage' information!

Now, with the advent of KINDLE books, etc...that will put another DENT into the wallet of real books publishers! Well, I don't think REAL BOOKS will ever be extinct, but KINDLE e-books is a great concept! For one thing...it saves a tree!

Don't most people now go for paperless statements of all their accounts?! I love paperless billing.
And paying bills online. Saves paper and money (stamps are so high!).

I love pdf patterns cuz I can wait to print them until I'm ready. I save them to my desktop and also to MY KNITTING folder in Documents. So handy. And once printed, if I mess up the pattern with lots of scribbles and highlights, I can re-print it the next time I use it! Handy!

I'm glad I read your note. So I won't message BMB then. Let me know what she says!

borealowl
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Art Lady- Since you own both the Mason - Dixon books can you tell me if I am right that they have afghan patterns similar to the new KP "quilt afghan"? I don't have immediate access to the books.
Yes I know this has nothing to do with Addi Clicks! I do have a 16" size 2 Addi Turbo I bought to do an alpaca neckwarmer and hat for a friend at Christmas from my LYS only because I couldn' find a cheaper bamboo one. Nice needles!
I used the Knit Picks sportweight baby alpaca in embers and it is beautiful.

ArtLady1981
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Art Lady- Since you own both the Mason - Dixon books can you tell me if I am right that they have afghan patterns similar to the new KP "quilt afghan"? I don't have immediate access to the books.

Do you mean this KP AFGHAN?
http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/regular/40140.jpg
If so, no...their blankets are not like this. This blanket looks like it was knit as a dozen squares that are seamed together. The Mason-Dixon blankets are seamless, employing the art of log cabinning!

The first Mason-Dixon book (http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Dixon-Knitting-Knitters-Patterns-Questions/dp/0307586456/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265402460&sr=8-1) seems to be their blanket book...their famous LOG CABIN blanket...and variations of it...although there are numerous GREAT PATTERNS for things for the home and garments, as well. I don't see any blanket patterns in the 2nd Mason-Dixon book. (http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Dixon-Knitting-Outside-Lines-Confessions/dp/0307381706/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265402460&sr=8-2) But it has YANK!

The Mason-Dixon books are very well-rounded. Lots of different and unique things.
And they're a 'good read', too! The Mason-Dixon chicks are very humorous!

sgtpam
02-05-2010, 08:37 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: Got mine! Love the cables...I may be ready to try magic loop :thumbsup: with these

ArtLady1981
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Good great wonderful! Have fun! :thumbsup:

starlight
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I just opened my package....Wow!! My addi clicks are beautiful!! They're even nicer than I imagined they would be!
So glad that I ordered them. It's my investment to my knitting....I'll still be knitting with them when I'm 100 years old! :mrgreen: :knitting:

linknit41
02-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Everybody seems to have good things to say about these needles, and my dd just got a set. i had to try them and only knit about 4 short rows when the needle came off the cable. She got it back to-gether, but after only a few more stitches, it came apart again and we were not able to get it to stick--don't know whether she got a "lemon" or we just don't get the trick to 'clicking' them. very annoying, especially considering how expensive they are. i love my kp harmonies, even tho a couple of times have had the needle come out of the metal piece--super glue worked great, and no more problem. linknit41

ArtLady1981
02-19-2010, 08:41 PM
There is a little tutorial on the Skacel website (about how the mechanism works).

At first, I used this little thingie to grasp the end of the cord and to give the little push 'n' turn.

You might not be aligning the track of the cable end with the bumps on the needle end; and then when they are aligned, you give it a little push, then turn. It pops back a bit and it's seated.

Here is the page that has the Addi Clicks instructions. (http://www.skacelknitting.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.19664/.f)
It is a PDF download. You can open it, or save it to your computer.

Later on, I will take some photos for you as well. I'll show you my little gripper square that I used to give me a firmer grip. As time goes by, I use the grippie thing less and less.

ArtLady1981
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok, here is a photo of my little 'grippie' thing. I cut it from a piece of shelf liner (not contact paper). I cut two of them. At first, I used one to grip the needle end, and the other to grip the cable end. But now I only use one for the cable end.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4371069581_f9b5d11ffa.jpg

Use the grippie thing to help you keep a firm grip on the end of the cable.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4371070321_5490e9411e.jpg

See where the RED ARROW is pointing? That is "the track" on the end of the cable.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4371817936_1af9164714_b.jpg

See the BLUE ARROW? It's pointing to the "dimples" on the end of the needle. (sorry for the blurry photo). You have to align "the track" right even with "the dimples". Push in. Using your grippie thing, twist the cable end til the needle's dimples are 'seated' into the cable. Then let go. It pops into place.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4371070579_2c1d293497_b.jpg

I find it less confusing to always hold the cable in my right hand and the needle tip in my left hand.
Align the track with the dimples, push in, teensy twist away from the body, release. Click!
(the teensy twist: you can feel when you've twisted just enough)
4 STEPS
1) align
2) push
3) twist
4) release
:thumbsup: CLICK!

Jaxhil
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I know this is a really old thread, but I am the DD from linknits41's post ( :waving: hi Mom!). I haven't had any further problems with my Addi Clicks coming apart, thank goodness, and I must say, I absolutely *love* them! In fact last night I got out my options to try out a new project and I spent 10 minutes (at least) trying to get the cord off to put on new tips. It was stuck and took some serious twisting to get it off. After all that when I tried to put the new tip on it just spun around and wouldn't tighten. The cable thread must be stripped, because the needle tip tightened fine on another cable. Anyway, I was so frustrated I went and got my Addi Clicks, and took less than a minute to locate the cord and tips I wanted and *click* they went together lickety-split! Aaah, what a relief :inlove: LOL!

I know which set I'll go for first next time!

And thanks, Artlady, for such a great mini-tutorial on how to get them together!! Very helpful!!

ArtLady1981
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
You're welcome! I reach for my Addi Clicks as the very first option for any project, and make adjustments from there...for example...if I absolutely need a sharper/pointier tip...I try my KnitPicks or Signature Needle Arts circs.

Have you noticed: the nickel plating on the Addi Clicks is smoother and sleeker and silkier than their original Addi Turbos? Nothing wrong with Addi Turbo 'set circs' at all...however, I was pleasantly surprised at the UPGRADED and improved nickel plating on the Clicks! They're just downright buttery! I love them!

I had some problems with yarn snagging over the join area when using sizes US4, 5, 6. Had to return them for replacement.

Here's the rub: if the machining isn't absolutely spot-on...the stitches (being small and almost the same diameter as the join itself) will "catch" on the cuff of the join. I was very doubtful that Skacel could find replacements for me. But they did!

So bottom line...if your knitting catches or snags over the join when you're using the 3 smallest sizes...DON'T LIVE WITH IT. Return them for replacement.

There is no problems with the sizes US7 and up...cuz the stitches themselves are bigger than the join itself.

Does that make sense?

There has been discussion about this snagging issue in the Addi Group at Ravelry. I think the issue is laid to rest now. At least from my perspective it is. I received "perfect" replacement tips in the smallest sizes (4/5/6).