PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Spring swap

cheekyprincess
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
I have participated in a few of these and had a blast! So I thought I would give organizing one a go! The theme will be Spring. I know it is cold and wintery out for a lot of us, but by the time we get this completed it should be right about the time for those spring projects! I have a basic questionaire, but feel free to add as much personal info as possible. Please PM your questionaire to me by February 12, 2010. All packages should be posted by March 15th 2010. Lets HAVE FUN!!!

Angie

1) Knitting Help name
2) Real life name
3) alternative email address
4) do you wish to be contacted via KH or email?
5) What is your favorite thing to knit?
6) what colors do you like and associate with the coming season?
7) What springtime activity/s do you enjoy?
8) Is there a particular garment or item that you think is essential for spring?
9) Any pertinant allergies? (I don't think an allergy to penicillin is necassary but we dont want to give you hives if you can't touch wool!)
10) what is your maximum spend on yarn ($5,$10,$20,$30)?
11) Are you prepared to post internationally.
12) What is your postal address?

lissaplus2
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I send you a PM...
Thank you for letting me know about this..
Im excited to participate. :yay:

Melissa

cheekyprincess
01-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I am glad to have the first few sign ups! :woot: :woot: You will really enjoy this Melissa!

AngelaR
01-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I would love to do this, except... This time of year is busiest for me in my gardens as I have bulbs to get in and flower beds to ready for spring. Also, this year we begin the build of the rose bower in our back yard. I won't have time to dedicate to anything but my plants and flower beds until July.

cheekyprincess
01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
maybe there will be one this summer? Too bad your missing out. I always have a great time participating in these! I've got several PM's already and I am getting EXCITED!

I would love to do this, except... This time of year is busiest for me in my gardens as I have bulbs to get in and flower beds to ready for spring. Also, this year we begin the build of the rose bower in our back yard. I won't have time to dedicate to anything but my plants and flower beds until July.

lelvsdgs
01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
I would love to do this! PM'd you...

CivicSista
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I would love to do this but all i know how to knit now are hats and scarves....

lissaplus2
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
You dont have to knit anything...its sortof like a secret santa... Join us!!!

cheekyprincess
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
thats OK, just fill out the questionare and PM me! :) We weould love to have you participate. :) :)

I would love to do this but all i know how to knit now are hats and scarves....

cheekyprincess
02-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I am so excited to have our first sign ups! Any more takers? Theres still time to have fun with us!:cheering:

Laurun3
02-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to knitting. I have never participated in a swap...What sort of things do you usually knit?

I'd like to participate...

Thanks in advance,

Lauren

lelvsdgs
02-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to get started! :happydance: :happydance:

cheekyprincess
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Good morning everyone! I am working on matching everyone with a partner so be on the look out for your swap info! Lets have fun!
Angie

:cheering: :knitting: :cheering: :knitting: :cheering: :knitting:

lissaplus2
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I got my partner and this is great fun planning for this!!!:yay:

cheekyprincess
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I got my partner and this is great fun planning for this!!!:yay:

How is everyone else doing? having lots of fun I hope! :cheering: :cheering:

lelvsdgs
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Yay! I got my partner info!! What are we supposed to send? I have some ideas but not sure what the guidelines are if there are any! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

lissaplus2
03-02-2010, 11:32 PM
What are we supposed to send? I have some ideas but not sure what the guidelines are if there are any!

Yea ..... what she said. :)

lelvsdgs
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Yea ..... what she said. :)

Oh good! I thought I was the only one and had somehow missed something... :woohoo:

Laurun3
03-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I've never done a swap before and cheekyprincess suggested patterns, yarns, etc... Even gathering some neat free online patterns to add to the gift. It's kind of like secret santa!

Hope that helped.

I'm so excited!:)

lissaplus2
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
my swap partner said some things in his questionaire that were not related to knitting so im working on that too. I went sneaking thro his posts too to scrounge up any bits of information i could about what he likes, ect.

I have to make one thing and write a note and its ready to be sent. I got all the rest of the things yesterday. I even got my husband in on this one.

MAJOR hints here on who my partner is !!!!!!

can you guess?:teehee:

cheekyprincess
03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
kuddos to Lissaplus2 for being sneaking and nosey! LOL You can send your partner, patterns (there aer a lot of great free ones online) or even some little goodies from you area. I am from Ohio so one swap I made homemade buckeyes (chocolate and peanut butter candies) and sent to my partner. I also had someone make me a small fabric bag to put a small knit project in for easy transport. Its all up to you, I am sure your partner will enjoy whatever you decide! :hug: :woot: :muah: :wink:

my swap partner said some things in his questionaire that were not related to knitting so im working on that too. I went sneaking thro his posts too to scrounge up any bits of information i could about what he likes, ect.

I have to make one thing and write a note and its ready to be sent. I got all the rest of the things yesterday. I even got my husband in on this one.

MAJOR hints here on who my partner is !!!!!!

can you guess?:teehee:

lissaplus2
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Just got my partners stuff packaged and gonna put it in the mail in the morning!!:cheering:

It doesnt seem like theres much activity goin on, or no one is talking...LOL

I hope everyone who put their name in is participating!!!

Well my partner will have his stuff by the end of the week...I look forward to a post from him!

:knitting:
Melissa

cheekyprincess
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Our first package is getting mailed. I LOVE IT!!!! Cant wait to see what he is getting! how is everyone elses packages going?!

Just got my partners stuff packaged and gonna put it in the mail in the morning!!:cheering:

It doesnt seem like theres much activity goin on, or no one is talking...LOL

I hope everyone who put their name in is participating!!!

Well my partner will have his stuff by the end of the week...I look forward to a post from him!

:knitting:
Melissa

cheekyprincess
03-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello all! Lissaplus2 is right...not much chatter. Everyone doing OK? Getting their packages ready to post? Give us a shout!! :woot:

lelvsdgs
03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Still gathering. I know the sending deadline is coming up fast. Haven't had a lot of time to shop but will definitely get it out this week.

lissaplus2
03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Its off and I am told it will be there by Wed or Thurs...:yay:

Laurun3
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm waiting on one thing and then I can ship! :)

cheekyprincess
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Im getting excited!:cheering:

Its off and I am told it will be there by Wed or Thurs...:yay:

lissaplus2
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I just got notified that the package has been delivered!!! YAY:cheering:

I hope he likes everything!!

cheekyprincess
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I just got notified that the package has been delivered!!! YAY:cheering:

I hope he likes everything!!

He needs to share!!! :o) Pix and news on his goodies! :woot:

Laurun3
03-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Got all of my stuff :) I'm shipping tomorrow!

Laurun3
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Sent the package yesterday :-O

lissaplus2
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I sure hoped i would have heard from Reggie by now...:verysad:

Cheekyprincess? Are Laurun3 and I the only ones doin this?

lelvsdgs
03-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I am a bad swapper this time. Due to some family medical emergencies, I won't be able to send until Monday. I am so sorry...:oops: :oops: :oops:

cheekyprincess
03-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I think you may be the only two talkingg...hum

I sure hoped i would have heard from Reggie by now...:verysad:

Cheekyprincess? Are Laurun3 and I the only ones doin this?

lelvsdgs
03-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Are we supposed to contact our partner? I thought it was a secret... boy, I have really messed this up... Stuff is already packed and ready to mail on Monday.

Laurun3
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Anyone receive packages yet?!?:)

lelvsdgs
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Anyone receive packages yet?!?:)
Yes I did and thank you soooo much! I love the sheep bank and the yarn and can always use point protectors!

Your package will be mailed tomorrow... sorry for all the delays. Had some major family medical stuff go on but the box is all packed and I'll get it to the post office tomorrow...

Thanks again for all the awesome stuff. It was just perfect!:muah: :muah:

Watch your mail box...

I will post photos as soon as I can... will shoot for tomorrow night...

lissaplus2
03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I sent Reggie and email...hope that was allowed. Just wanted to make sure he got the package.

cheekyprincess
03-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I sent hiim one too. I am hoping he is just busy and cant post.
Anyone getting their goodies yet?
Angie

I sent Reggie and email...hope that was allowed. Just wanted to make sure he got the package.

Laurun3
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Yay i'm glad you liked the gifts :cheering:

cheekyprincess
03-24-2010, 09:44 AM
anyone else receive any goodies?

lissaplus2
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
No, I havent heard anything either...Ive given up. I wish my first swap would have been a sucess. Prob effect my swapping in the future.

Thanks for your invite Cheeky....the first part was fun!!

cheekyprincess
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
I just feel terrible about this. I looked at Reggies profile and it looks like he hasnt even signed in on KH since January. I sent him an email to his actual email address, but I am not sure that it will do any good. :shrug: :waah: Lets wait to see for a few more days. Maybe he will come through!

No, I havent heard anything either...Ive given up. I wish my first swap would have been a sucess. Prob effect my swapping in the future.

Thanks for your invite Cheeky....the first part was fun!!

cheekyprincess
03-24-2010, 08:34 PM
anyone else receive any goodies?

Anyone else having any luck receiving their packages? Mine was sent!

lelvsdgs
03-29-2010, 12:34 AM
I am so sorry... I have been dealing with a cancer diagnosis in my family and that has put everything on the back burner. I will do my best to get this out on Wednesday when I will be downtown near the post office. Again I apologize for the delay.

MommaG
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I sent my package today I know so very late but it has been interesting to say the least around here. My husband was robbed at knife point on his way home from our corner store one night(he is ok but it was scary to say the least and he is still kinda scared to go after dark and were I am it's dark by 7pm.) My son also had an accident at school, he managed to fall and cut his knee but the cut was in a circle. If it had been in a line he would of had stitches as it was quite deep. And my window was smashed in my van and so it took lots of cash to fix that. Also my Aunt was hospitalized with a large tumor in her stomach.

cheekyprincess
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Will be praying for your family. did they catch the robber? what can they do for your sons knee?
Angie

I sent my package today I know so very late but it has been interesting to say the least around here. My husband was robbed at knife point on his way home from our corner store one night(he is ok but it was scary to say the least and he is still kinda scared to go after dark and were I am it's dark by 7pm.) My son also had an accident at school, he managed to fall and cut his knee but the cut was in a circle. If it had been in a line he would of had stitches as it was quite deep. And my window was smashed in my van and so it took lots of cash to fix that. Also my Aunt was hospitalized with a large tumor in her stomach.

MommaG
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
No they didn't catch the guys, one had a knife and the other had a tire iron. The police were here quickly and they had a police dog with them all they found was my husbands cell phone. My sons knee they just bandaged it up with some butterfly bandages and a gauze over it. He is good now it is healing well.

lelvsdgs
04-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I finally sent my package yesterday. Hopefully it will be in the receiver's hands in 3 or 4 days...:woohoo:

MommaG
04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
So apparantly Canada Post tried to deliver my package today and noone was home so now I have to wait until after 1 tomorrow to go pick it up. How am I going to make it through the night nowing it is in my city but I can't get it till tomorrow afternoon. :woot: :cheering: :muah:

MommaG
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
My package is in my house. YEAH!!! I love the yarn. I got a large skien of Lily Sugar and Cream in Robin's egg blue and two packs of stitch markers that are oh so cute and a pattern for a market bag. Thank you Cheeky for my package I love it. And hopefully you get yours soon. :muah: :muah: :muah:

lelvsdgs
04-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Has anyone else gotten their packages? I mailed my partner's package on April 5th so it should be there by now...:??

Laurun3
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey!

Sorry I have been so busy and I havent actually logged in my account for a little while so I didn't see the messages!

I did receive my package...I think it was Friday. I was going to take some pictures and post them up but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thank you so much for the package lelvsdgs. There was so much stuff in there!

For those of you who don't know, I received several skeins/hanks of yarn in purple, pink, yellow, green, and black. I also received a knitting needle guage, cute stitch thingys(I forget what they're called! Separators?) And then also a little candle holder and a notepad.

All of the stuff was great, I'm excited to use all of it!

Thanks again,

Lauren

Laurun3
04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
gauge* and I remember! Stitch markers!