PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in a Fair Isle KAL?

laikabear
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Some of you may have seen my post that I want to do my first Fair Isle project. I thought maybe others out there would like to dive in to some stranded colorwork also!

I had a lot of fun with the last (ok, only) KAL that I did, because it had a great leader (Artlady) and I learned a lot from others' questions during the KAL. I asked Ingrid and she is willing to help out and answer our questions! :happydance: As you may know, Ingrid has a little experience with colorwork (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/IngridKH). :rofl:

Since I'm sure we won't all want to knit the same thing, I'd say any Fair Isle or stranded work is fair game (ie not intarsia). It doesn't have to be your first project, either. Any additional experience will be helpful to the rest of us! I think I'm going to do the Lusekofte (http://www.knitpicks.com/kits/Norwegian_Lusekofte_Kit-Blue__D40139.html) sweater kit from Knitpicks. But you could do mittens, socks, a hat, a bag...

Here are a couple of other ideas (Rav links):
Endpaper Mitts (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/endpaper-mitts)
Harika Socks (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/harika-socks) (I luuuv :heart: these socks)
Sapporo (another one I was considering) (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sapporo-174)
Cottage Garden (http://twistcollective.com/collection/index.php/component/content/article/75-fall-2009-patterns/395-wedgewood-by-cheryl-burke)

I would like to start around Feb 1, to give me time to finish up a few things, decide on a pattern, and get supplies. If anyone's interested, post here! I'll make a thread in the KAL folder when we start knitting.

Cmon, you know you want to try some colorful Fair Isle!!! :grphug:

Jan in CA
01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I've got a couple things I've been wanting to make I think I'm in if I can get the yarn together!:thumbsup:

CognizantAmiga
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Fair Isle is one of my goals this year. I want to practice on something to be able to do Nonna's Garden Shawl (http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Nonnas_Garden_Shawl__D50753220.html) I will see if I can find my example pattern and join in. Looking forward to it!

GinnyG
01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Fair Isle is one of my goals this year. I want to practice on something to be able to do Nonna's Garden Shawl (http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Nonnas_Garden_Shawl__D50753220.html) I will see if I can find my example pattern and join in. Looking forward to it!

Nonna's Garden Shawl is a BEAUTIFUL piece but I believe it is Intarsia not FI.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE FI, currently have 3 projects OTN. It's the best kept secret of knitting, looks hard but it really isn't and when you finish a project everyone thinks you are a knitting GODDESS.

I encourage anyone who has an interest to give it a try, it's w WONDERFUL thing!!!!

laikabear
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I agree with Ginny, that looks like intarsia. So what are your FI projects OTN, Ginny? :poke:

Maybe I should have opened up the KAL to intarsia, it seems no one wants to join me except Jan. :verysad:

Regardless, I'm trucking along on the 2 projects I need to finish up before starting my sweater, and I ordered the Lusekofte (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-lusekofte-kit) kit. Doesn't anyone else want to make that sweater? :knitting: It totally caught my eye when I opened the catalog.

Cmon KHers!!!

GinnyG
01-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree with Ginny, that looks like intarsia. So what are your FI projects OTN, Ginny? :poke:

Maybe I should have opened up the KAL to intarsia, it seems no one wants to join me except Jan. :verysad:

Regardless, I'm trucking along on the 2 projects I need to finish up before starting my sweater, and I ordered the Lusekofte (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-lusekofte-kit) kit. Doesn't anyone else want to make that sweater? :knitting: It totally caught my eye when I opened the catalog.

Cmon KHers!!!

I have a thistle vest (about 70% done), a baby sweater (completed but waiting for the steeks to be cut and assembled) and an Elizabeth Zimmerman Norwegian sweater about half done. You can see them on my Ravelry page.

I LOVE the Lusekofte sweater and actually considered ordering the kit but I have SO MANY other things waiting to be done.

Ingrid
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I must say that I really like that sweater. Hmmmmm. . . . I wish they only sold the pattern. I'm sure I have enough yarn. Maybe I'll take a look through my Fair Isle books and see if something grabs me. I've been uninspired lately, starting lots of things and finishing none.

Maybe a FI will get me going. . . .

laikabear
01-20-2010, 03:32 AM
I just bought a book called Color Style and it actually has several sweater patterns I would like to knit, and one pair of socks. Some of it is intarsia and other types of colorwork, but there's a Mohair Fair Isle with bell sleeves (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mohair-fair-isle)that I think is really cute. The only thing I don't like is that the sleeves are ribbed and where they decrease on top of the shoulders looks a little weird. I guess it's hard to do hidden decreases in ribbing.

There's actually another sweater in there I like a lot also (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jpsartre/honeycomb-turtleneck), on the cover. I think that's just slip stitches and not real FI though. I didn't like the turtleneck on the one in the book, but the link goes to someone's Rav page that made one with a plain neck and it looks fantastic!

And there's a pair of socks I have to have (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bohus-style-knee-highs)even though I don't really knit socks...

I'm going to start with Lusekofte, though. I think it sucks that they aren't selling just the pattern, too! I am fine using Telemark because I don't have anything in my (small) stash that would work. I think I'm going to do a different lower band though - either a hem or corrugated ribbing. I don't think the plain ribbing goes with the sweater. I can't wait till my Lusekofte kit gets here!

laikabear
01-20-2010, 03:36 AM
OMG Ginny that Thistle vest is gaawwwgeous! :inlove:

I like the EZ sweater too. I am getting really into EZ lately. I have the last of her books I don't already have on order. I might want to do one of her yoke sweaters after I'm done with Lusekofte. I'm so crazy for sweaters right now. It has to be the weather. It's so cold here, ICK!

Ingrid
01-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Well, I broke down and ordered the kit. Not too bad since I haven't ordered yarn in 6 months or so. !!!! for me!

I'll let you know when I get it!:happydance:

Belphoebe
01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Temptations, temptations, temptations!

farmgirl
01-27-2010, 12:31 AM
I am making the Fiddlehead mittens from Ravelry right now for my DD. My other DD also wants a pair and I want a pair for myself! I would love to knit along wiith you! (I would post a link, but I am computer challenged.)

laikabear
01-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Woohoo Ingrid jumped on the bandwagon!

I am about 4" into the first sleeve and I found that some of the rows don't follow the no floats longer than 5 sts rule. :( The last round had sts 1-54 MC except st 28 CC. WHAT?!

That is so getting duplicate stitched later. :teehee:

Sknitter56
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Funny you should ask :) I have been looking at the sweater in the new Vogue Knitting Winter 2009/10 on page 48. At first I though it was some kind of giraffe pattern, but the designer calls the spots "abstract flowers." It a design by Josh Bennett. I've never done any really big Fair Isle project, but I really like this sweater for some reason. I priced the yarn last night and it's gonna run me about $155!! My DH said to wait until we see what we get back on taxes and I could get it the.
Got home from work tonight and we had a refund check for overpayment of a medical bill...$157!!! Yay!!
I've never been part of a KAL before, so do we all have to do the same project or can we choose?
Mary

Ingrid
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Woohoo Ingrid jumped on the bandwagon!

I am about 4" into the first sleeve and I found that some of the rows don't follow the no floats longer than 5 sts rule. :( The last round had sts 1-54 MC except st 28 CC. WHAT?!

That is so getting duplicate stitched later. :teehee:

You know what I'd try? If the stitch on the previous row is CC, then slip it. If that doesn't work, then the dupe is a good idea.

My order has been shipped!! :cheering:

There's no law about no floats longer than 5 stitches. You can catch the yarn in the back to prevent the floats from being too long. The Philosopher's Wool site has a video, but if it's no longer there, I'll try to explain it.

Sknitter 56---I think the Fates want you to buy the wool! This particular KAL is anything Fair Isle/stranded. There are just too many options out there to decide on one.

laikabear
01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
OK I have tried to make this darn post three times now! I'm copying and pasting the text before I hit reply this time!

Mary, welcome and good luck with the Giraffe knit. I think I remember seeing that sweater and thinking it was Giraffe-like. :teehee: Although, I think it is intarsia. I'm at work right now and can't look it up, though. I only had excluded intarsia from the KAL because it's really a totally different technique than stranded (AKA Fair Isle) knitting.

Here's my progress on the Lusekofte sleeve. I am sure this is the only time I will be ahead of Ingrid. But that's a good thing, because then she'll be able to answer all of my questions. :mrgreen:

laikabear
01-28-2010, 12:09 AM
There is a Knit a Norwegian KAL (http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/knit-a-norwegian/topics)going on at Ravelry (that I didn't find out about til yesterday)!

They are in week 4 and they knit like lightning, but I put a post up there anyway. They have 134 members, so some of them are bound to be stragglers. :)

laikabear
01-28-2010, 12:10 AM
PS, I tried to view that Philosopher's Wool video last night but it just said "loading" forever. I have broadband at work so I don't think it's me... :(

farmgirl
01-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Laikabear, that sleeve is beautiful! I have the outside of one mitten done and will try to get a pic soon. Here is the link (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fiddlehead-mittens) for the mittens (on Rav).

laikabear
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Farmgirl what yarn and colors are you using? :poke:

Those mittens are gorgeous! I have thought about trying them but I don't think it gets cold enough here for mittens. Fingerless gloves maybe? :)

Jan in CA
01-29-2010, 01:50 PM
There's no law about no floats longer than 5 stitches. You can catch the yarn in the back to prevent the floats from being too long. The Philosopher's Wool site has a video, but if it's no longer there, I'll try to explain it.

Yes it is. :teehee:

http://www.philosopherswool.com/Pages/Twohandedvideo.htm

Sknitter56
01-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Ingrid...yes, the gods have spoken. I ordered all the yarn this morning, but had to go to three different places to get all I needed. Got one skein from Ebay, some from Webs, and the rest from Jimmy Beans. Guess I'll be the cow's tail on this since it seems everyone else will be started before I ever get my yarn.
Maureen...I looked at that pattern again and it does look like the only fair isle portion of that sweater is the edges. I think those flowers would all have to be done intarsia, which is something I've never done much of either.
Would I need to get bobbins and wind yarn on them for each of those flower thingys?? That seems like an awful lot of bobbins hanging down. I had to go to their website to print out the graphs, which I did today at work (don't tell). Whatever...this will be good experience.
I've been knitting for years and years, but have never tried fair isle or intarsia. I think it's time. Glad I have you guys for help if I need it.

Ingrid
01-30-2010, 01:45 AM
My kit arrived today!:cheering: I'm pleased with the Telemark yarn, and I jumped right in. Of course, being me, I'm changing things up a bit. I have thin wrists, so I'm going to do ribbing at the edge of the sleeves rather than the cuff design. I'll put the cuf pattern above the ribbing.

I'm also starting with the body with the hope of knitting on the sleeves. While I was looking at some of EZ's patterns, she talked about picking up the sleeve stitches in pattern when the yoke is in pattern to make them match. I'll give that a shot and see how it works. I'm enjoying it so far, but will probably be sighing and rolling my eyes a lot when I have to do the long stretch of navy stockinette.:teehee:

Sknitter56--Don't bother with bobbins. I find that they tend to get caught on each other. I leave a long strand hanging. They will get twisted, but it's easier to untangle them by pulling out a strand at a time. The King of Intarsia, Kaffe Fasset, suggests this and I like it better than bobbins or winding little balls.

laikabear
01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Jan, thanks for the link. I was on that very page at work and it would not load. Tonight, it started playing just fine! :) I knit with a color in each hand and I think I could master that technique. I read that if you weave the whole way like that you might end up with a rather stiff fabric. The telemark is already pretty, ahem, sturdy, so I think I'll use that technique for weaving only when the floats are longer. On a fingering (ye gods!) weight sweater I bet it would be nice though.

Sknitter56, congrats on getting your yarn. Are you using Rowan Felted Tweed? I have only done one intarsia project (and thank god it was felted because my tension was all wonky since I was just learning to knit). I did little miniballs. I have started using the plastic thingy from bread bags (I eat a lot of sandwiches) for the tail of my long tail cast on. I bet you could use those for bobbins and they would work well, if you decide to go that way.

I finally dug out my copy of Vogue and I agree your pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/07-floral-cardigan)looks like intarsia for most and stranded for the bottom. Eek!

Ingrid - congrats on getting the yarn! I like the idea of the hemmed cuffs, but there is 3.5" turned under. Technically with the floats there will be 3 layers of knitting on those cuffs. They will really look like "bracelets" as they say in the pattern! I'm still chugging away on the stockinette portion of the first sleeve. I didn't like how the increases are right on top of each other (K1L, k to end, K1R) so I did K1L, k to one stitch before end, K1R, k1.

Sknitter56
01-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks, Ingrid and Maureen. I like the idea about the bread tabs. I should have some of those laying around. I have no idea when I'll get all the yarn, but maybe I'll get what I need to at least get started. And, yes...I ordered the Rowan Felted Tweed. But, I don't think the sweater itself is felted. At least, I don't think it is. I've glanced through the pattern several times and haven't seen where that's the case. I think that's just the name of the yarn.
Just got an email from Jimmy Beans and one of the colors I need is not in stock so there's going to be a delay. Hmmm...I have a feeling this KAL will be over before I even get started. :p Oh, well...I'll do what I can and ask lots of questions, I'm sure.
Thanks to both of you for your help!
Mary

laikabear
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, that's just the name of the yarn. I've never used it before but I have heard it is very nice! It will be worth the wait.

If you haven't done stranded knitting before, you could spend the time till your yarn gets there practicing carrying 2 yarns. I made a Fair Isle dishcloth, LOL! It's amazing after just a couple of hours of knitting you can really pick it up. I do one in each hand, but you could also do both in your left or both in your right.

Sknitter56
01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I cannot believe my luck! I saw something, somewhere (maybe here) about how to make this thing from old wooden sewing spools, where you attach them together with floral wire, then label them, and run your circulars through the hole to keep up with what size circs you have. Anyway, I put an ad on Freecycle asking if anyone had any of these spools and I got a response from this wonderful lady in Savannah who said she had lots and lots and would be glad to give them to me. I had mentioned what I wanted them for and she wrote back that she, too, was a knitter. She gave me directions to her home and I went by there to pick them up this afternoon and we met. She's originally from Oregon, but has been living here for 30 years. Her name is Liz and she's a librarian at the local college, though currently unemployed. She's been knitting for a long time, and had on this incredible fair isle sweater...and she steeks! and does intarsia! We hit it off immediately. She gave (loaned) me several EZ tapes and EZ's "Knitting Without Tears" without a second thought and just told me to bring them back whenever. They're VHS tapes, so I think I'll have them transferred to DVD so I can watch them as my old VHS tape thing is no longer working. I think I have a new knitting mentor that can help me through this sweater. She showed me all the sweaters she's done and they are absolutely gorgeous!
I can't believe my luck!
I'm having a really good feeling about this project.:woot:

farmgirl
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Farmgirl what yarn and colors are you using? :poke:

Those mittens are gorgeous! I have thought about trying them but I don't think it gets cold enough here for mittens. Fingerless gloves maybe? :)
I am using Cascade 220 in pink for the backgroung and Noro in a purple colorway for the fiddleheads. I have some light green alpaca silk double knit for the lining.

Sknitter--Congrats on your new friend! How great is that?

laikabear
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Ooh sounds pretty!

Sknitter56
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Got part of my order today...just one skein that I'd ordered from Ebay. Unfortunately, it's not one of the colors I need to start. It's the red (rage is the name of the color) that's used in the flowers. So...guess I'll go finish up some socks while I'm waiting.

Ingrid
02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Sknitter--that's awesome that you have an expert to draw from. Tell her to join the forum! I'm sure her input would be welcome.

I started the body of the sweater--I'm going to try to knit on the sleeves. After all, that is one of the beauties of steeking. EZ talks about matching up the pattern of the yoke when picking up stitches for the sleeves to make a continuous pattern. I'll give that a shot, and if it doesn't work, I can always go the other route.

I now have a billion rows of navy to knit, though. sigh

laikabear
02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Ingrid were you as surprised as I was about the color of the yarn? I thought it looked kind of bright blue or royal blue in the photos and was not expecting navy. I've never knit with yarn this dark before! I like the color, though.

I don't have enough experience to change the pattern much. I wish I did because I would have rather knit on the sleeves. Oh well, I have a good portion of each one done so far so it's not a huge deal. I actually like the stockinette portions. It's still very brain-draining for me to knit English! :teehee:

Should I move this discussion to a thread in the KAL group? Or leave it here since we only have a couple of people. What happened to Jan? Are you knitting a stranded project after all? :poke:

Ingrid
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I was surprised at the color--I just thought I was inattentive. :teehee: I do like the navy, though, so it's all good.

Jan in CA
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm here! I sorta forgot about it!:doh: It's only the 2nd so I'm going to start today!

I moved it to the KAL forum, too. ;)

Jan in CA
02-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Okay...I am knitting the sheep hat. I wish I knew how to keep the floats looser! I am going to rip back and try again I think. I tried knitting inside out and it just keeps going back the correct way. :doh:

jess_hawk
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I haven't been doing much knitting (I'm working on stuff for my friend's wedding instead) but I do have a fair isle sweater OTN. I'm knitting it top-down and making it up as I go along.

Anyway, thought I'd keep an eye on your KAL...

laikabear
02-05-2010, 12:57 PM
What yarn are you using Jan? Gosh I wish I'd known about that weaving trick when I was making that hat. Mine turned out soooo wonky but my friend didn't even notice and she loved it. :)

I posted a photo of my first sleeve on my blog and a commenter said it looks like the colorwork portion is too tight! :cry: I thought I was doing it pretty loose and was hoping it would block out allright. I think I already posted that photo in this thread.

My gauge for colorowork is 1 st. tighter than stockinette (even TRYING to be loose), and my stockinette gauge is always tight as heck. I have to go up 2 needle sizes most of the time. I guess I'm just TENSE!!!

Welcome Jess! :muah: Aren't you somewhere super cold? I'm impressed you're making your own pattern!

Jan in CA
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm using Red Heart Eco Ways. It's a cotton poly blend and it's nice to knit with. (The sheep are Encore)

I tried again and this time it came out TOO loose. I've done a little fair isle before, but the stitches were close enough together, more traditional, so it wasn't quite as bad as this has been. If I could knit inside out it would probably stretch the floats enough to make it work, but the rolled edge seems to want to keep flipping back out the correct way. I'll try yet again, the hat is too cute not to!

laikabear
02-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Maybe you should try weaving every other stitch like they do @ Philosopher's wool? I really think that floats longer than 5 sts are pretty challenging/ annoying.

That slubby KP Crayon I was using was the worst, too! :) I kept getting irritated because it's only a FEW ROWS of colorwork! How could it be that bad? But I have had so much better luck using wool! My pregnant friend is vegan so I couldn't use wool for the hat.

Then again, I guess my current colorwork might be too tight, too. I didn't think so, though. I'm going to block those "bracelets" over a wine bottle and I bet it will be ok. For the shoulder areas I have started with one size larger needles. That's size 7!!! I used size 4 for the hems and size 6 for the bottom of the sleeves. (The pattern called for size 4 and 5).

jess_hawk
02-06-2010, 01:13 AM
My gauge for colorowork is 1 st. tighter than stockinette (even TRYING to be loose), and my stockinette gauge is always tight as heck. I have to go up 2 needle sizes most of the time. I guess I'm just TENSE!!!

Welcome Jess! :muah: Aren't you somewhere super cold? I'm impressed you're making your own pattern!
Well at the moment it's 31, but it is the midwest... so it's liable to drop to sub-zero at any moment. They're anticipating a major storm Monday/Tuesday.
I'm a firm believer that anyone can make their own pattern, or do anything else for that matter. You just have to use your own strengths. For some people, the method is obvious. But, what about musical talents? Well, knitting is a rhythm. Think of the colors as different notes and write a symphony! The second rule I have is this: NEVER be afraid to try something new. Having never done it before, or being told that it is hard, is not an excuse to not do it. TAKE RISKS!
IF you do that... you'll screw up a lot, sure, but you will also learn, do, and create some amazing things.
If anyone is interested in designing their own project but isn't sure of how to go about it, let me know and I would be happy to guide you through the process.

My knitting starts out tight, but like you, my Fair Isle is even tighter! Part of it is the tension I put on the yarn I'm carrying. Try paying particular attention to that strand and see if that helps.

laikabear
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought you lived in Alaska Jess.

jess_hawk
02-06-2010, 04:47 PM
I spent a summer in Alaska and loved it... but had to come home unfortunately. I realized late last May that I hadn't seen a midwestern June in four years!

laikabear
02-07-2010, 10:51 AM
ARGH! I am at the point where I am trying to bind off the underarm stitches and join the sleeves - the shoulder shaping area is worked in the round with 2 steeks holding the sleeves together.

For some reason I always have trouble with bind off X # of stitches instructions... I can never tell just where to put that first bound off stitch. For instance, this one says Work to 5 sts before end of round. BO 11 sts across the last sts of this round and the first sts of the next.

So I worked until I had 5 sts left, then knit st #1, passing it over st #2, and so on. I started counting with st. #1, which means I counted 4 sts before the end of the round (since #5 was still on the needle), and then continued on the other side of the round until I had counted to 11.

When I got to the next round, based on the colorwork pattern, my bindoff was one stitch too late. So when they say work until you have 5 sts left and then bind off 11 sts, do they mean pass stitch 0 over stitch #1? I guess that is what they mean. I ALWAYS have trouble with bindoff instructions and never seem to do them right.

Well, it's kind of a moot point right now, since I messed up the joining and had to rip back. I guess I now get a second chance at starting that bindoff in the right place!

laikabear
02-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I am at the pinnacle of frustration with these sleeves! I have tried to join them 3 times and I just cannot get the stitch counts correct or the charts to line up. I think it's partially because the very first round is a decrease round. It would have been so much simpler to have the first round with the casting on steeks be just a plain round. Anyway, I am at my wits' end and have ripped the sleeves apart and tossed them in the knitting back without even putting them back OTN.

I may try to knit the caps back and forth. I think that might solve my stitch count/ chart lining up problem. I'm finding the chart in this section confusing. I've done plenty of charts with decreases and bindoffs before so I'm not sure why I'm so confused.

funkyfemale32uk
02-13-2010, 09:42 AM
the Lusekofte kit. is stranded work(fair isle) and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee te pattern.

funkyfemale32uk
02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
the Lusekofte kit. it faire isle or stranded work intarsia or colour work is different as you knit blocks instead and can knit many colours in a row.:knitting:

Quiltlady
05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I bought the kit for Nonna's Garden Shawl when it first came out. But after having over 30 bobbins hanging off the back I just got turned off. Do you know it isn't Fair Isle that the shawl is Intarsia?? Now that I've tried Intarsia I can say that I truly enjoy Fair Isle much more.
Good luck with the shawl. I see some ladies have completed it over on Ravelry. It is pretty.

doramide7
09-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I have a thistle vest (about 70% done), a baby sweater (completed but waiting for the steeks to be cut and assembled) and an Elizabeth Zimmerman Norwegian sweater about half done. You can see them on my Ravelry page.

I LOVE the Lusekofte sweater and actually considered ordering the kit but I have SO MANY other things waiting to be done.

I must say that I really like that sweater. Hmmmmm. . . . I wish they only sold the pattern. I'm sure I have enough yarn. Maybe I'll take a look through my Fair Isle books and see if something grabs me. I've been uninspired lately, starting lots of things and finishing none.

Maybe a FI will get me going. . . .

ChanceofYarn
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I am knitting a storm troopers hat (fair isle) style, this if my first attempt in knitting and is looking really good. so i'm joining you guys. this is a commissioned project