PDA

View Full Version : which circs for socks

yarnfanatic
01-30-2010, 10:23 AM
I've decided I like making socks on two circs rather than dp. I would love to buy Addi's but right now they are not in my budget. I was considering Knit Picks, but wonder how flexible the cable is. My DH bought me the Addi Click set for my birthday and I must say I am spoiled after using those because that blue cable is like wonderful. Will I be disappointed in the cables on the knit picks needles ( Sz 2)? Should I just wait until I can afford the addis? Thanks so much for any guidance you can give.

cacunn
01-30-2010, 10:50 AM
I just received (1/29/10) a Knit Pick Harmony Wood interchangeable needle and so far have found the cable to be wonderful.

Mirl56
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I do 2 socks at a time w/2 circs. My most used needles for this are Knitpicks fixed/metal. The cable is very flexible. Even if you are a magic loop person, the cable is perfect. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with knitpicks.

yarnfanatic
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm going to order the Knit Picks now. I knew I could count on wonderful people in the forum to help me.

Jan in CA
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I use KP Options fixed circulars for socks on two circs, too. Love them!

WandaT
01-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Yup, KP cables are very flexible. I'm using for socks right now. Well, not RIGHT now since I'm on the computer right now, but you know what I mean.

yarnfanatic
01-31-2010, 11:50 AM
I've ordered a set of the fixed nickle plate sz 2.75 and a set of the fixed Harmony 2.5. I also ordered some yarn for socks and lace. I've never knitted lace, so I thought I would give it a try. The prices were good.

I've never ordered from Knit Picks, what can you tell me about how quickly you get your merchandise? I know many have written about the great customer service they offer, so I wasn't nervous about ordering from them. Thanks again for all the useful information. You guys are great!