PDA

View Full Version : Hat pattern

XxavoOo
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm stuck with this amazing novelty yarn (I adore it), but can't find anything to knit with it. The problem with it is that it's thin, and almost every hat pattern I find online asks for worsted weight (or doesn't give me a gauge..).

Please help me find a hat pattern for this yarn. I really have no problem if the hat is all opened up because I used too big needles for such a thin yarn.

I'd never wear lace, fair isle/intarsia/any colorwork won't be done, berets/weird looking hats aren't what I want...

Please, any suggestion would work :)

Jan in CA
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Novelty yarn is best used for a simple pattern. Lace, cables and other types just don't show so stick to stockinette or garter for best results.

Also you can carry it along with a lighter weight yarn..like DK (22 st over 10cm) and probably get a close enough weight to do a worsted weight hat.

suzeeq
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
How would it look doubled? Or you can carry it with a fingering or sport weight to make it thicker.

XxavoOo
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I found this hat (http://typyp.ajatukseni.net/2008/11/12/jacques-cousteau-hat/). I'll knit that with 4mm needles; the gauge shouldn't be a problem :) (thanks for the advice about no complicated patterns)